• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Drinking Culture is a big part of a football club.

Maybe not as big as Rugby League, But I do know if I can share a beer with a mate down at the kennel then there's a pretty good chance that my teammate will have my back in any outbreaks of a niggle out on the paddock.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Isn't he part of the National Academy coaching team? I heard someone mention he looks after alot of the forward work, and that was a key reason for Buttler, Enever ect coming to play at Easts. It'd make sense if that was the case.
There was talk of this but I was told that it wasn't the case as it would be a conflict of interest to coach the Academy as well as a Premier team.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Yes I'm serious. Easts had a registration day this year.

Well easts would have saved a lot of money on them if they didn't require enticements.
I realise that there are registration days - good lord are you really that pedantic.
As a matter of interest, who do you believe was enticed and what were their enticements.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I realise that there are registration days - good lord are you really that pedantic.
As a matter of interest, who do you believe was enticed and what were their enticements.

The 4 recruits from the 2 Coast teams and I have already said the list of enticements. Don't construe this as complaining, I am glad they are Easts. Butler is my favorite player at the club.

And it was the Easts backs that were the difference against Wests at Wests this year. If you go back through the thread to find my Match Report. But I don't believe in backs v forwards crap people go on about. Its how the team plays together, everyone is meant to hit rucks, tackle, pass etc.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I never saw the enticements thats why I am interested in what they are.
Saw the Wests game, read your report, have my own views of the game.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

I know that a player who played reserve grade this year, had when he was in colts help furnishing his apartment.

Also you keep just waving off everyone's views as wrong but an easts back got the competitions player of the year and another got the clubs best and fairest......it's not like the easts forwards where bad but they werent the teams gamebreaker

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)

You quoted my post which had listed them, But once again here they are:

That benefit is a combination of financial, coaches, players, supporters and drinking culture. Each one would mean more or less to the players

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Should we change this to the Easts 2012 thread?

I think we can all agree that players go to clubs for different reasons. A lot of the incentives aren't broadcast to other members of the club for a number of reasons so it's only people in certain positions that would know exactly what players receive. It's just a part of life in clubland.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think we can all agree that players go to clubs for different reasons. A lot of the incentives aren't broadcast to other members of the club for a number of reasons so it's only people in certain positions that would know exactly what players receive. It's just a part of life in clubland.

I don't agree to that at all.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
The only reason i feel something needs to be done about player incentives is because we dont want to the comp going the way of the shute shield....most clubs dying form debt yet still forking out for mercenary players.

I enjoy the loyalty of qld premier rugby, and the scandal when a Nudgee boy doesn't play for the bretheren........I am kidding that would never happen ;)

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
What part don't you agree with?

Sorry Jets, I was just kidding, In my mind it sounded like Principal Skinner and Mrs Grabapple disagreeing.

I agree TD, I don't want to see the QLD comp be like the Shute Shield were it is a couple really strong teams just getting stronger and everyone else almost disappearing. I actually think our biggest threat to the comp is players going overseas or quitting to work. I would like to see our Super Rugby squads increased from 30 to 40. adding 10 full time professionals to prem grade and preventing moments like the Reds South African tour when an under prepared amateur was asked to control a professional team in one of the worlds hardest touring country.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
You quoted my post which had listed them, But once again here they are:

That benefit is a combination of financial, coaches, players, supporters and drinking culture. Each one would mean more or less to the players

My mistake...I thought you may have shared some finer details!!!!!

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I know that a player who played reserve grade this year, had when he was in colts help furnishing his apartment.

Also you keep just waving off everyone's views as wrong but an easts back got the competitions player of the year and another got the clubs best and fairest..it's not like the easts forwards where bad but they werent the teams gamebreaker
I never waved of anybody's opinion as wrong just that I had my own opinion - which I believe I am entitled to.
We were not debating who got what for a year just the Wests game and I believe that the backs did well from a forwards pack that set a strong platform.

So with that I bid farwell.

Heather

Bob McCowan (2)
Can someone do me a favour? Tell me when 2 things stop on this forum...
1) wild assumptions, innuendo, and often factually incorrect comments stop being made about player payments/incentives used to induce a player to switch or stay with a club.
2) there is no more moaning about injuries! For goodness sake this game is a contact sport so just deal with it. There have been games all year that the stronger team on paper was beaten. Take a teaspoon of cement, and look at the example Link has set all year.

I love this game, think this forum is awesome, so surely there is other things that can get discussed besides these 2 items. Please?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Can someone do me a favour? Tell me when 2 things stop on this forum.
1) wild assumptions, innuendo, and often factually incorrect comments stop being made about player payments/incentives used to induce a player to switch or stay with a club.
2) there is no more moaning about injuries! For goodness sake this game is a contact sport so just deal with it. There have been games all year that the stronger team on paper was beaten. Take a teaspoon of cement, and look at the example Link has set all year.

I love this game, think this forum is awesome, so surely there is other things that can get discussed besides these 2 items. Please?
We can always talk about Easts a bit more :p

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Both are pertinent subjects if spoken about in the right context. I think player payment is an issue because i am scared of Qld prem comp becoming like the hsute shield where clubs are crippled by the arms race....
anyway .....Idea came into my head the other day. Should Premier colts be lifted to 20's? or should a separate U21's comp be installed? As we seem to lose alot of talent to league or nothing after colts as many feel they are not up to the physicality of the senior game. Would this viable? and give us a better indicator as to who is up to the u20's Wallabies?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Should Premier colts be lifted to 20's? ?

I dont have any kids and have been out of school for a while now so i'm not really 'in the know' but with the recent change in QLD schools moving grade 7 to highschool (I think) will that have any effect on the graduating age of children when they finish yr 12? ie will most be graduating when 18 instead of 17? If so then I think moving the colts program to under 20s would be the next logical step.

Status
Not open for further replies.