• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Didn't see the game but the quality of recruitment should have favored Easts. Also the trend of the thread has heavily favored an Easts win over Brothers.
Academy players are semi-professional and should perform at a level better than the amateur grunters Brothers fielded.
Again, well done Brothers!
So much Easts hate! Why does everyone sound suprised that Brothers won? There is a reason they have been in the top 4 sides for the past few years, they are quality. And mind you Academy players are usually no older then 21/22, we had a really young side out there.

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does anyone know where this has gone? We have lost many players and this is probably the final straw
And all the young talent that did exist has been snapped up by Pat Richards through his influence at Aademy level. Paraka, Kimmince, Butler, Seuteni and the Cox wins. Add Enever from up this way and the Tigers have a certain 'Coast' feel about it! Not hating on the Tigers just making an observation.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
If you look at Easts site the academy boys are turning 19, 20 or 21 this year, so yeah HJ, Brothers did well with a Reds eps player directing them out there. More experience and time on the field and those boys will be a force to contend with. Sorry but I would rather focus on positives then try to be critical of the up and coming.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Pa
And all the young talent that did exist has been snapped up by Pat Richards through his influence at Aademy level. Paraka, Kimmince, Butler, Seuteni and the Cox wins. Add Enever from up this way and the Tigers have a certain 'Coast' feel about it! Not hating on the Tigers just making an observation.
Pat, i've heard, is not involved with the academy for that very reason. Some of those lads wanted to go there.
This seems to be one of those tiresome threads. Don't clubs use whatever influence they can...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
There has been a lot of hype around Easts this year in regards to how close they came to the finals last year and all their recruitment. I think from a distance many people expected Easts to win the game yesterday. It was close and they lost to a good Brothers team. I don't think there is a lot of hate here it's just people's expectations were built up.

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Pa

Pat, i've heard, is not involved with the academy for that very reason. Some of those lads wanted to go there.
This seems to be one of those tiresome threads. Don't clubs use whatever influence they can...
Like I said 27 just an observation, if I was a conspiracy theorist of sorts then I would remark about the influence that Karel Bos being at TSS would have had in guys like Seuteni and Paraka heading north as opposed to assisting their own struggling district. We have lost Enever, Hagen, Blain, Vanderwalt just to name a few and I know our pain and that of fellow strugglers the Breakers will be of little concern to most but we need to keep these districts strong if rugby is to be competitive against other sports.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
It is hard for the two teams from the coast. Young ones leave to go the the city for job opporunities or Uni. I agree, the comp needs it.

T

tranquility

Did I read yesterday that Daruda just came off contract in Japan, and the Reds had him and Rex Tapuai down at Ballymore during the week as potential backups for the main Reds squad?

Where did you read that tidbit my friend?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Well I let the side down! It was pouring down here and Albert park has no covered grandstand. So I'm afraid I woosed out and stayed in the comfort of my home instead of watching a great win for the mighty Breakers. What can I say I'm old and soft.

Must be a prop.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"Souths made a big call canceling the games today as the wet weather would have aided them and Sunnybank will have their stars back in July."
With Souths limited to one field because of the misguided opposition of local residents and a very expensive court case, it was a prudent decision to protect this limited asset in the conditions on Saturday. The make-up games will be played on 14th July (the same day as the final Reds home game vs Waratahs and the City v Country game) so if Sunnybank continues to have the Reds representation that it currently has and their usual high level of representative players, then their "stars" will be otherwise committed.
Souths have only had two trial games and the team in each trial differed greatly, so the cancellation will also give the Magpies some extra time to work on combinations. They are chomping at the bit to get going.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Souths were beaten by Easts, in their trial, by one try after fulltime (five tries to four) and then put 57 points on Wests in their second trial match. At $26 there might be a few Magpie dollars going down.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Why didn't Souths just take Premier Grade, Reserve Grade and Premier Colts games to the Junior fields at Tarragindi and just cancelled every other game?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Why didn't Souths just take Premier Grade, Reserve Grade and Premier Colts games to the Junior fields at Tarragindi and just cancelled every other game?
Souths have no say over the use of Souths Juniors fields. Why would the Juniors allow the senior teams to rip up their fields?
There is talk of the Premier game being played this week but not sure of the likelihood of it happening.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Souths have no say over the use of Souths Juniors fields. Why would the Juniors allow the senior teams to rip up their fields?
There is talk of the Premier game being played this week but not sure of the likelihood of it happening.
Jeez calm down, I assumed they were run in conjunction.

Is anyone heading to Souths vs Sunnybank tonight? Interested to see how this one pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.