• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS have named what looks to be a pretty close to full strength side for this weekends trial match against Sunnybank out at Albany Creek. Hopefully we don't have anymore showers as the fields out there can get boggy fairly easily.

Ryan Freney 1
Nathan Nicol 2
Phil Kite © 3
Alex Toolis 4
Ben Toolis 5
Vili Fainga'a 6
Damian Stower 7
Jono Ellis © 8
Sam Grasso 9
Bev Tuqiri 10
Todd Winkley 11
James Herbert 12
Samu Kerevi 13
Chris Kuridrani 14
Semiti Tela 15

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Firstly i get their existence but surely you don't need to establish a new team to enjoy a gay friendly atmosphere.

And in regards to the GPS lineup, whatever happened to mitchell carpenter

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Firstly i get their existence but surely you don't need to establish a new team to enjoy a gay friendly atmosphere.

They might have Ambitions to play in some of these rainbow carnivals or tournaments.

I do remember a story last year about a gay softball team which was kicked out of a tournament because they were not deemed to be gay enough.

The club might of been established to prove their legitimacy for tournaments perhaps? Jets provided a link in sure there's a motto or mission statement on there.

I for one welcome the Hustlers. Hopefully they succeed.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is there a list of the GC and Sunny Coast teams?
Email to a friend Printable version Recommend
3/22/2013
Stingrays and Breakers determined to begin season on a high note

Supporters are being given an early look at the 2013 Queensland Premier Rugby season when the rescheduled clash between the Gold Coast Breakers and perpetual rivals the Sunshine Coast Stingrays takes place on Saturday at Bond University (kickoff 3:00pm).

The Premier Rugby season doesn’t officially commence until April 6 however, in an important year for Country Rugby, both the Breakers and Stingrays agreed to move their round five clash forward in order to accommodate the Queensland Country Heelers match against the NSW Cockatoos in Townsville on May 4.

The move ensures that both sides competing in the annual ‘Battle of the Coasts’ contest are able to field their strongest possible line-up while still allowing players from the Stingrays and Breakers to make themselves available for the trip to Townsville.

Saturday’s match is an important match for both teams as they look to put disappointing 2012 campaigns behind them by beginning their new season on a high note.

Stingrays coach John Rangihuna has done a significant job in the offseason retaining most of his squad from 2012 and will be looking to build on that experience with a strong performance against the Breakers.

“We’ve had two trials so far against Sunnybank and Queanbeyan where we’ve had the chance to trial a number of new players and play with some combinations. So far, the boys are looking good,” Rangihuna said.

“There is a lot of new talent coming through with the likes of Jay Forrester coming into the side from Caboolture, while a few of the older guys in Louie Fesolai and Haydn Hirsimaki are still in the mix.

“The games with Gold Coast are always tight, but we’re going to focus on our own game and make sure we’re on track for the season ahead.”

Gold Coast coach Rob Nowlan is also optimistic that his side will begin the season strongly after promising trials against Far North Coast and Logan.

“The wet weather has been a bit disruptive throughout the preseason, but we’ve had two really strong hit outs against Far North Coast and Logan. That has given us the chance to look at a number of new players,” Nowlan said.

“We lost a few players from last year in Cayden Matehaere our flyhalf, as well as long-serving lock Matt Peel, but we’ve got some talent coming through the ranks as well as two new players from England so we’re building for 2013.

“The coaching and playing style of both coast sides are very similar, we both like to play expansive Rugby and move the ball around, so I’m sure Saturday’s game will be close. But, I think our boys will be keen to secure the win at our new field.”

Gold Coast Breakers
1. Israel Rapata
2. Josh Cooper
3. Will Slipper
4. Callum McKenzie
5. Rory Arnold
6. Stacey Hoskings
7. Callum McDonald
8. Dan Collins (C)
9. Luke Evans
10. Ryan Mauriohooho
11. Brad Jones
12. Cass Walding
13. Saua Emelio
14. Dan Nethery
15. Matt Langmack

16. Nick Turner
17. Cody Buck
18. Alex Holmes
19. Rubin Fuiamonoa
20. Alister McLay
21. Matt Farington
22. TJ Siakisini
23. Conor Malan

Sunshine Coast Stingrays
1. Hayden Hirsimaki
2. Trent Devere
3. James Zhao
4. Jason Welburn
5. Kurt Ludeke
6. Vinnie Berry
7. Lachlan Procter
8. Tom Beattie ©
9. Cameron Mead
10. Puric Boland
11. Tane Kiel
12. Matt Gandy
13. Matt Macaulay
14. Loui Fesolai
15. Jay Forester

16. Richie Smee
17. Jono Phillips
18. Bryden Laing
19. Nick Sykes
20. Grant Kay
21. Joe Pritchard
22. Harry Sellars
23. Dylan Fahey

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I heard the Easts team is full strength this week with all EPS and Academy players playing and no injuries to any top players.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)

Mitch has taken a year off this year I believe, he may even be overseas. He didn't really play much Premier Grade last year. I would expect Dan Gorman to partner one of the Toolis boys when he's fit.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I see....i remeber carpenter came out and p;layed every prem grade game straight out of school and then last year fell down the pecking order

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see..i remeber carpenter came out and p;layed every prem grade game straight out of school and then last year fell down the pecking order

Yeh I think the post-school party atmosphere really took a hold of him. His training dropped off a bit etc and he just wasn't as effective and fit as he was straight out of school. Still a massive unit and quite skilled so i'm sure if he decides to give prem grade another crack in the future he'll be pushing the other 2nd rowers.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Ryan Freney 1
Nathan Nicol 2
Phil Kite © 3
Alex Toolis 4
Ben Toolis 5
Vili Fainga'a 6
Damian Stower 7
Jono Ellis © 8
Sam Grasso 9
Bev Tuqiri 10
Todd Winkley 11
James Herbert 12
Samu Kerevi 13
Chris Kuridrani 14
Semiti Tela 15

Well Bugger me, Sammy Grasso has really gone to Jeeps, he is a good player, wonder why he left us?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Maybe Grasso was stuck behind a very talented halfback at Brothers & had aspirations to play Premier Rugby?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yeah I know. But with Genia and Lucas at the Reds, I would imagine Firsby to be at Jeeps along with Franks

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Wests beat Norths in 3rd, 2nd and Premier Grade. Reserve Grade to Norths.

Combined Colts 1 and Premier Colts to Norths.

Premier Grade was a very scrappy affair - heat probably had a big impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom