• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Well been a while! Ventured along to Logan today to watch the not so might Breakers take on the home side. Hell I thought last 4 years have been trying but this looks like another long year! Different year same crap!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just got home from trial game down at Logan club today, played GC Breakers, Logan boys won 31-19 or something, but as I said was only a trial so would imagine Breakers would be a lot better come comp time.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well been a while! Ventured along to Logan today to watch the not so might Breakers take on the home side. Hell I thought last 4 years have been trying but this looks like another long year! Different year same crap!

What's the issue with the Breakers mate? I remember back to the days like 01, 03, 04,05,07 when you blokes were strong!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry Crusher,didn't see your post or would of asked your opinion of how your boys looked. I was happy with Logans effort obviously, but was not sure of how many boys you had out. I took off straight after game, so didn' have a chance to talk to any of yout mob.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
What's the issue with the Breakers mate? I remember back to the days like 01, 03, 04,05,07 when you blokes were strong!
Not sure but notice they have lost more young talent to other clubs again! Really wonder whether they will be competitive in Prems or 1st grade. Didn't recognise a lot of guys out there today but the side looked a lot weaker than last years lineup and they managed two wins for the whole year.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Both teams fielded experimental line ups but the game was a still of a decent calibre. Wests couldn't seem to hold on to the ball and this really killed them multiple times they would be on a break or in space and drop it. Where as easts capitalised on the few chances they had. Both teams will take a lot of positives out of it

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Pretty good summary TD.

Tigerland12 - it was certainly a good defensive battle.

We had 13 out of our pre-season squad of 35 unavailable so we got to see what sort of depth we'll have this year. Reserve Grade to Wests 22-7 so overall we were pleased with how the day went. 2nd grade to Wests - all other grades to Easts.

Easts also had a number of guys unavailable so will likely be two pretty different teams that play against each other when we meet again.

We expect the majority of those missing to be available next week against Norths so will get to test some new combinations again.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pretty good summary TD.

Tigerland12 - it was certainly a good defensive battle.

We had 13 out of our pre-season squad of 35 unavailable so we got to see what sort of depth we'll have this year. Reserve Grade to Wests 22-7 so overall we were pleased with how the day went. All other grades to Easts.

Easts also had a number of guys unavailable so will likely be two pretty different teams that play against each other when we meet again.

We expect the majority of those missing to be available next week against Norths so will get to test some new combinations again.
Not to bad of a start for Wests it looks, surely some positive signs.
How'd the colts go?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Not to bad of a start for Wests it looks, surely some positive signs.
How'd the colts go?

The colts was on a a little early to be viewed but i believe easts one boths colts 1 and prems.

However having spoken to multiple people apparently wests had some talent on display and the coahces were happy with what came out of it. Especially as they had some of their better players unavailable

P.s anyone know how norths went in their trials?

Eagles rock

Frank Row (1)
Norths facebook site shows

Premier grade Norths 15 souths 10
1st souths 26 Norths 22
2nd grade Souths 24 Norths 12

Souths won both colts games.

From what I heard all players suffered from the hot conditions and it was a very stop start affair.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wow Norths looking the goods. Its looking like there won't be one easy opponent for QLD premier rugby teams in he Brisbane City catchment.

The City v Country match they play really needs to be canted in my opinion because of the strength of Brisbane teams to the coastal/county outfit.

I'd much prefer a North River v South Ricer match similar of the make up of teams of the Tornados & Aces in the now defunct ARC

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I would prefer a genuine city vs country. Where players who went to school/played juniors in the country are eligible for country selection.

But at the sametime the match has never really ever turned into a pasting regardless of how terrible the coast teams are doing

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I would prefer a genuine city vs country. Where players who went to school/played juniors in the country are eligible for country selection.

But at the sametime the match has never really ever turned into a pasting regardless of how terrible the coast teams are doing

A flaw to your preference is how do you select immigrants such as Kiwis who migrate to Australia and end up playing Premier Rugby.

You'd be leaving a lot of good talent out of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom