• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
SouthernX I don't think team lists will be available in advance - Uni in the past have fielded a seeming cast of thousands (at least, that's how it feels when you're strapping...) and I'm sure they aren't the lone rangers there.

As far as results, I know that it's always nice to have a win, but I'm not sure teams think of avenging GF losses during trials - I think that's largely saved for the real games when points count. IMO a successful trial is one where no one gets injured.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ive heard that GPS v Uni lower grade games have been abandonned at Kenmore this weekend and Premier Grade and Premier Colts will be playing at Ballymore.

Any other trials in similar situations?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All Sunnybank v Brothers games have been moved to Griffith. Hopefully with a full day of sun they will go ahead tomorrow.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank v Brothers called off tomorrow as Griffith have closed their fields.

Eagles rock

Frank Row (1)
Norths played Easts on the main field at Shaw Rd, which was a great effort considering the amount of water across it 6 weeks ago. Score was 6 tries to 3 to Norths. Not sure what side Easts took across the river however the level of depth at Norths looked encouraging.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Full credit to Norths for yesterday's games. Looked very strong across the 3 games. Prems did especially well to run away with it in the end. Regardless of who Easts put on the field, Norths looked the more convincing team all day. Easts still did trot out Pettowa Paraka, Andrew Ready, Matt Brandon, one of the Cox Brothers and a few other premier regulars, so Full credit to Norths. Hope they have a good year

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
GPS & Uni prems & prem colts played at Ballymore. GPS Colts touched up Uni pretty comprehensively. It was closer in grades but I think GPS still ran away with it- they look as strong as ever. Obviously a fair few handling errors on both sides too.

While both sides have been kicked off fields for training during preseason, I heard Uni hasn't trained on a field since Feb 3. If true then it was a decent hit out in spite of it. Hopefully weather holds out for a few days & we can see more next week.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Can anyone from the Easts v Norths game give us a scouting report of how Ray Stowers did back at the Eagles Nest?

I'll assume he played in the Premier grade trial because as I remember he use to be Norths best footballer (IMO) before he got the wild fascination that his skills would be best suited at GPS in 3rd/4th grade.

Norths has always had a very big back row, but has lacked a dominate no.7 since Stowers left. I'm curious if he started where he left off? Being a pilfering pest at the background.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Can anyone from the Easts v Norths game give us a scouting report of how Ray Stowers did back at the Eagles Nest?

I'll assume he played in the Premier grade trial because as I remember he use to be Norths best footballer (IMO) before he got the wild fascination that his skills would be best suited at GPS in 3rd/4th grade.

Norths has always had a very big back row, but has lacked a dominate no.7 since Stowers left. I'm curious if he started where he left off? Being a pilfering pest at the background.
Ray Played Hooker for Premier Grade Yesterday. He's not as fit as he used to be but still very effective in attack and defense. He's bigger than he was when he was last at Norths but still looking the goods.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
watching that gps 4th grade team play last year was almost unfair haha, it was full of blokes who should/could have played prems or at least Reggie's last year so it's no surprise that ray would continue to be dominant coming into this season. I'm sure a few games under his belt and his fitness will improve.

I watched yesterday's gps v uni trial and to be honest it looked like more of an opposed training run. Both teams had squads of at least 35 and I'm sure come round 1 the teams will look very different to those that ran out yesterday.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I haven't been down to Crosby since last year, but I've heard Brothers Prems are shaping up alright. Anyone think Brothers might win it this year in the Prems?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Not really FilthRugby. They have lost a bit of talent with an exodus of props and Dallan Murphy, I think, has gone overseas. It will be a great effort if they make the 4.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Dallan is still kicking around because he did his knee so his contract overseas was torn up. But i dont know if he will be seen this season.

at least this is what i heard

Status
Not open for further replies.