• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Those double initial players are trouble . Wouldn't be surprised if PP is chilling with BB & the rest of EBC

Benny Barba Epic bending Crew

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Apparently Vili Fainga'a has been training at gps for a few weeks now, can anyone confirm this? Pretty handy pickup if he's made the jump across.

Probably wants to play with fellow Tonga A team mate Jay Havelu, play with his brothers and now that Mogi Wei is gone their is definitely an opening for a decent 7.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd rather Liam Ferguson over Vili, however Fergie is a hooker as well so there maybe a chance still for Vili.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I like your thinking SouthernX, there hasn't really been a prems hooker down at GPS who has been able to play more than a couple of seasons and hold down the #2 jumper so possibly Fergie will get a crack this year.

Re the #7 spot I'm pretty sure Matty Blain is still at the club too but might be away with the sevens team a fair bit as I heard he picked up a contract with them.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I thought Jay Havelu had moved back to the GC club? Just something I saw on twitter - could've misunderstood thierry dusautoir I can confirm that Vili has changed to GPS too

EDIT: Jan 28 Jay tweeted "Off to train like a boss with the GC Breakers. Be nice lungs.... etc" So looks like he's moved to GC

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Apparently he hasn't been going to Academy training and no one knows where he is.
I saw him in the gym last week. He was just finishing a weights session and it was about 6am.
Didn't look like someone who had thrown it all in.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought Jay Havelu had moved back to the GC club? Just something I saw on twitter - could've misunderstood thierry dusautoir I can confirm that Vili has changed to GPS too

EDIT: Jan 28 Jay tweeted "Off to train like a boss with the GC Breakers. Be nice lungs.. etc" So looks like he's moved to GC

Probably for the best, considering GPS have King, Blain and now vili and freney from brothers

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is the curtain raiser to the round 6 Tah v. Blues match on Sunday 24th March at Allianz Stadium. Surprisingly good idea from NSWRU, great Sunday afternoon of rugby. Would be fantastic if they could somehow organise it to be the curtain raiser to Reds v. Tahs early match each year. I'm aware that it would fall in the too hard basket for both the QRU and NSWRU but it would make for an epic day of rugby.

QRU tried to make it happen this year for that but it was already scheduled for Sydney. Would love to make it a prominant part of the rugby schedule.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
So trial matches this weekend????

Games might get cancelled with a cyclone on the way.

I reckon a couple of clubs wouldn't mind an extra week off to get squads right etc. I doubt there has been much on field training happening with the weather recently.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
premier grade dogs don't have a trial this weekend!

Can the regulars to this thread let me know who got who so I may come watch?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Uni v GPS would be the pick of the bunch

Although I do enjoy watching brothers lose. Sunnybank will be looking to inflict the disappointment of their GF loss o. Public enemy no.1

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank v Brothers is scheduled to be played at Sunnybank but I think there will have to be some good weather in the next few days. Lower grade games are being played at Griffith Uni.

Norths v Easts will have to be on a back field at Shaw you would think. The main field was under water again this week. 3rd time in a month apparently.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Do clubs have to send in team lists for preseason games?

Would love to See some lineups for this weekends fixture although I guess there'll be a bunch of experimenting & more then 22 players fielded for each team.

Status
Not open for further replies.