• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It didn't happen last year as Eastwood couldn't afford to take part. Sunnybank played Tuggeranong at Sunnybank in a preseason game that they billed at the Club Championship. The Vickings won that game.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why not save everybody money and just have the reds & tahs don the UQ & Sydney Uni jerseys respectively. No need to beat around the bush I say.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Does anyone know when the Australian Club Championship is on? Or has it already happened?

It is the curtain raiser to the round 6 Tah v. Blues match on Sunday 24th March at Allianz Stadium. Surprisingly good idea from NSWRU, great Sunday afternoon of rugby. Would be fantastic if they could somehow organise it to be the curtain raiser to Reds v. Tahs early match each year. I'm aware that it would fall in the too hard basket for both the QRU and NSWRU but it would make for an epic day of rugby.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Purce my research tells me that was the way it was supposed to happen when it returned in 2007. Not that easy these days getting Super Rugby sides to agree to an 80min game before a Super Rugby game. Fantastic by the NSWRU & Tahs to agree.

Wonder if Jordan Chapman will emulate Dave McDuling in playing against the side he won the premiership with the year before?

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
You guys managed to get Miles McCaffrey from shute shield?.....why would he come up here?
Miles is studying medicine at Griffith Uni. That is his priority not Rugby. I think he will end up with the Breakers as he could play with less time commitment although Sunnybank remains an option.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wonder how that Sunnybank v Sunnycoast trial is going JETS lol

I heard a Wests squad is up at Noosa this weekend too but nothing more then fitness & bonding (no trialing)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Wonder how that Sunnybank v Sunnycoast trial is going JETS lol

I heard a Wests squad is up at Noosa this weekend too but nothing more then fitness & bonding (no trialing)
Game is on tomorrow but I would expect it to be called off with all this rain. From the pics I've seen the boys are having fun.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For Easts. (Including Quirk and Toua at this stage for end of the season, but replacement in brackets).

1- Petowa Parraka
2- Andrew Ready
3- Michael Bermingham
4- Blake Enever
5- Michael Stollberg
6- Luke Bertini (?)
7- Ed Quirk (Josh Parry)
8- Jarrad Buttler
9- Dom Fuller
10- Matt Brandon
11- Johnny Wilder
12- Sean Cox
13- Toby White
14- Chris Mansell
15- Aiden Toua (UJ Seuteni)

Jordan Tupou has left for sunnybank and David Skelton has gone overseas. I'm not sure on if Bertini is back this season. Also not sure on Joel Faulkner's continuation playing rugby, hopefully he still turns out for Easts. Greg Riley is another one I'm not sure of, hopefully he keeps going, he was very good at the back end of last season.

Throw in other names like Jack Kimmance, Kirwan Sanday (apparently), Eli Mowen, UJ Seuteni and Sam Cox, then you have a bit of depth playing in grades.

I can't imagine we will see much of Quirk and Toua this season. Jarrad and Enever should play a fair bit though, baring any injuries in the Reds pack.

That forward pack will be awesome this year baring injury they will all have had another big off season in academy or at the Reds.

But I suspect the backline will be alot different this year compared to last. Probably only Brandon being a previous regular.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping will be back this year. It will have a slight change to it with margins added and bonus points awarded. I may eve have to do up some comp rule. I still have to get the prize to East Coast Aces from last year. I should have it sorted soon. My original plan fell through (my 1 cap Red from the 80's didn't sign the merch)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Talk around the traps is that Petowa Parraka has gone MIA, not been sighted at training for a while. Any of you Tigers boys know any more? Would be terrible to loose such a talent. Lucky Sanday has headed to Tiger town if this is true.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Talk around the traps is that Petowa Parraka has gone MIA, not been sighted at training for a while. Any of you Tigers boys know any more? Would be terrible to loose such a talent. Lucky Sanday has headed to Tiger town if this is true.

Na haven't heard that, but I think all the academy and eps players have been doing that instead of the Tuesday Thursday stuff.

And yer where is my prize?!?!?!

I am not a huge fan of these rule changes you speak of. It seems to me that people wanted to find a way to even up the competition and give them shots at hail mary's rather then reward consistent, astute and insightful tipping. This reaks like the A-league 6 team (from a total of 10teams) finals serious rather then the traditional first past the post.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Na haven't heard that, but I think all the academy and eps players have been doing that instead of the Tuesday Thursday stuff.

And yer where is my prize?!?!?!

I am not a huge fan of these rule changes you speak of. It seems to me that people wanted to find a way to even up the competition and give them shots at hail mary's rather then reward consistent, astute and insightful tipping. This reaks like the A-league 6 team (from a total of 10teams) finals serious rather then the traditional first past the post.
Apparently he hasn't been going to Academy training and no one knows where he is.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apparently Vili Fainga'a has been training at gps for a few weeks now, can anyone confirm this? Pretty handy pickup if he's made the jump across.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Probably wants to play with his brothers. Spent a fair bit of time in 1st grade at Uni so it's understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom