• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Good luck today, TT. I'm looking forward to seeing Easts get kicked out of the finals. Preferable from you-know-who.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Matt Cockbain*

I'm sure he was reminded of the spelling in this earlier years at school. An all round terrific rugby player and Jeeps man.

Assuming his growth spurt and mongrel werent post high school occurances, i doubt there were too many to participate in name calling....

T

Tigers Tale

Real struggle for the Tigers today but happy to come away with a 3 try win - Bond are a good side who can score a try. 28-19 3 tries a piece. Easts were down 12-3 before scoring a try through Sam Fattal on half time. To go into ht @ 10-12 which was soon 13-12 and then Easts got on top. Easts were without Brandon, White,Parry & Gunn from the week before, so would be happy just to get a win.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
A pretty good game of footy out at Crosby yesterday.
Brothers were really impressive with how they went about their work especially with all the young kids they had running around.
Looks like the dynasty at brothers is in good hands.
The heavies will be very happy with the win. No banks, Parker, gale, de guingard or Mitchell. Buchanan had to go off with an injury in the first half, wade only lasted 5 min. Jimmy Dalgleish and Will Thompson both went against the physio/doc orders to play.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Another great day for the Gallopers out at Sunnybank. Every team (grades and colts) had a win except for the women's side. Looks to be a big year happening down at Yoku, halfway through the season now and I believe every team is sitting in the top 4.

Heather

Bob McCowan (2)
Red Heavy - Jimmy and Thommo didn't go against orders to play, it was more they defied concerns. If Jimmy trained fully on Thursday then he was cleared to play, and when Thommo pulled up tight in the warmup he was a 'watch & wait'. We all now that those two played pretty well...
From the bits of the games I did see during the day (mainly on Field 1) I did note the distinct lack of handbags being thrown around for the most part. It was quite civilised! Unfortunately that couldn't be said for Colts 1& 2 on Field 2, where the yellow card got a good workout.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Ahhh well. Disappointing result yesterday. The game was close in every facet, however, I think Uni won the breakdown and just took their chances when presented. Brothers scrum was good. Some of the referring around the scrums was interesting (to put it lightly). Uni will be hard to beat and will probably go through undefeated, just by looking at previous results. Though Brothers really did test them and after yesterday's performance, deserve to be in the finals along side the Red Heavies.

Now onto Sunnybank. Away. Always tough, but a good contest.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ahhh well. Disappointing result yesterday. The game was close in every facet, however, I think Uni won the breakdown and just took their chances when presented. Brothers scrum was good. Some of the referring around the scrums was interesting (to put it lightly). Uni will be hard to beat and will probably go through undefeated, just by looking at previous results. Though Brothers really did test them and after yesterday's performance, deserve to be in the finals along side the Red Heavies.

Now onto Sunnybank. Away. Always tough, but a good contest.

What about Souths. They only went down 14-13 and the opportunities were there for the upset?

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
So they get these 3 blokes and they're not even playing Prem Grade..

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-bonds-with-club/story-fnii0ksb-1226859585922
Unfortunately Samoan no.8 all 3 are on the injury list from what I know. Young Rory (spelt different, think he has a Celtic background) has been playing up and very well but I think he was injured in the Premier game vs Wests. He was Bonds best player! Ben Hunt was injured preseason and still a month away and Doug has been with the Qld 20s but struggling with injuries.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Real struggle for the Tigers today but happy to come away with a 3 try win - Bond are a good side who can score a try. 28-19 3 tries a piece. Easts were down 12-3 before scoring a try through Sam Fattal on half time. To go into ht @ 10-12 which was soon 13-12 and then Easts got on top. Easts were without Brandon, White,Parry & Gunn from the week before, so would be happy just to get a win.
TT your blokes deserved the chocolates and for a relatively young side they hung tough and got the job done. I got an insight into Chucky Mullins leadership and although I find him pesky and annoying, he leads by example and he certainly had the respect of his players. Some interesting law interpretations and I thought Easts were lucky they didn't get a 2nd in the bin after the Easts #7 blatantly came from an offside position at a breakdown inside their own 22 to stop Bond from a promising attacking raid. However Bond will be kicking themselves for not converting the huge possession and field advantage they enjoyed in the 1st half. Easts showed great courage and desperation on defence and seemed to grow in confidence as the game went on.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Doug has been with the Qld 20s but struggling with injuries.

McMillan played a full game of colts on the weekend, (except for 10 minutes in the bin). I think he has also been on the bench for firsts.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Crusher - Mullins was never going to play S15 because of his size but in 2006 he was the 3rd flyhalf selected in the Qld Schoolboys - Quade (Qld Red), To'omua (Qld White) & then Mullins was the reserve flyhalf in the Qld Red squad. Qld White the No.2 side won the championship by defeating NSW #2. Kurtley Beale was the NSW#1 flyhalf.

Last year was the first time Mullins has played a full season at #9 so he is still a WIP @#9, but has done pretty well filling in @ #10 the last two weeks.

2013 was undoubtedly his finest year.

And his leadership - with Bertini (retired) and Brandon(unavailable last Saturday) - was invaluable against Bond with as you pointed out a very young Tiger's side. It was a good effort by the Tigers Prems & Reserves to both get wins on Saturday with depleted line-ups.

I can understand why opposition teams and supporters find Mullins "pesky" but it is probably those same qualities why you find him "pesky" that Pat Richards saw in him and decided to make him captain last year, after Brandon(2012) and Bertini(2011) had been the skippers in the two previous seasons.

As for Saturday - Bond Uni had a mountain of possession in that first half and ironically it only started to swing when Easts were down to 14 in the last 10 minutes of the first half and Easts were able to stay calm and get that try just before the break to go in @10-12 down, which became 13-12 shortly after half time. Easts premiership last year stemmed from fine defensive efforts in the major and grand finals against GPS and it was pleasing to see that defensive effort by Easts in the first half last Saturday.

Bond Uni can score a try and I don't think Sunnybank will be their only big scalp this year. Maybe it is just a bit of experience and game management that they need.

I hope that they can knock off a few other big scalps in 2014.

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
Club aggregate today. Interesting well done Logan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 292
T

Tigers Tale

Kills me to see Easts so far down the pecking order in the Doughty Shield.

It was only 5 or so years ago that they won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.