• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I don't know your source TT but Uni 1 has never been "approved" as a night game location. They might mean Uni 2 (of course, that has to be while the tennis courts are lit too - that field can get pretty dim after those lights go out!). In fact the lighting of the main field is often a platform that student unions try to get elected on - many have vowed to get the lighting improved so Premier rugby and Premier soccer can be played at night (the lights are directed at the track and are suitable for night athletics meets). Hasn't happened yet.

Many fields host games on Friday nights, but the games are not often Prem grade level. I'd say that the evaluations of suitability for night games haven't been done for a few years and from the sounds of things they might need to be looked at.

Souths have hosted games at night too - Prem colts or Colts 1 are often played after prems because of field availability.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wests field 1 is certified lux lighting.

The Friday night team had to play 1st 8 rounds on the road last year & finished the season with a 8 game home stand because the lighting couldn't be fixed until mid year.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
GPSx3 - I think you are right on the money when it comes to Greenie - he was a turnstile when he played for Reds A this year.

In fact I was surprised after Tim Sampson's involvement with the Reds A this year that Easts didn't send more forward runners down Greene's channel a few weeks back - might be keeping that up their sleave for the semis Filth!!!

Greene is a talented footballer with ball in hand though.

Do you think he'll get a gig for one of the NRC sides?
I think he might get a gig in one of the squads as there is certainly potential there. You can not hide though even at premier grade level and he was shown up badly last week in defence. He also let the crowd get to him and missed a few kicks that he would normally easily slot. He will need to learn to cope with that if he goes to the next level.

I know I am biased but i do believe that Bobby tuttle is a far better player than Greeney and does not shy away from making a tackle. After a year in prem colts he will be ready for premier grade next year and will push for an Aus 20 spot.

It is a big jump to the next level. Guys like Matty Brandon have been dominating at club level for years but could not quite crack it when given his shot in the big time with the force.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Stade de heavie's main pitch is certainly not up to standard for the lights. Firstly because the bulbs aren't up to scratch and secondly because the lights aim at the track not the field. A majour over haul would be required to fix the problem and it's one the uni itself has not been keen to part take in over the years.
Also I think you will find that if you pull out a tape measure the main field is actually a bit on the skinny side and that along with what cat said is how they jam the field inside the track.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am a little disappointed that we won't get to see the 2 young 10's from uni and brothers slog it out this weekend.
Should be a cracking battle all the same.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hmmm, another Brothers talent that went to the wrong club.

On another topic, Greene will only be out for a short period of time.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hmmm, another Brothers talent that went to the wrong club.

On another topic, Greene will only be out for a short period of time.
haha get used to it Filth Rugby!! The boys are loving at yoku rd and we look forward to welcoming their Nudgee mates for years to come!

T

Tigers Tale

A local crowd can definitely get the better of Sam Greene - he didn't enjoy his outing at Bottomley last year - so when he fronts in the butcher stripes this year there will be a few more than happy to say g'day.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
A local crowd can definitely get the better of Sam Greene - he didn't enjoy his outing at Bottomley last year - so when he fronts in the butcher stripes this year there will be a few more than happy to say g'day.
haha yep, the crowd on the far side at GPS last week certainly got the better of him but he is not the first and i doubt he will be the last bloke to be put off by that!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If JOC (James O'Connor) comes to the Reds. I wonder which club he would go to?

He would fit in well down at Yoku Rd.

T

Tigers Tale

JOC (James O'Connor) wouldn't play for anyone else but the Filth surely.

GPSx3 - he's just baiting you!!!

JOC (James O'Connor) is an exceptionally talented footballer - would be great to se him at the Reds - but Richard Graham surely he'd be better served elsewhere in the backline than on the wing?

I always believed he'd end up as the Wallaby #12 so why not give him the Reds#12?

Reds 2015 backline:
Genia, Quade, Turner, JOC (James O'Connor), Kerevi, CFS, Toua => things start to look better.

As for the forwards:
We just need to bring back Higgers and maybe a dynamic front rower.

Angus Cottrell wouldn't look bad in a Reds jersey either.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
JOC (James O'Connor) wouldn't play for anyone else but the Filth surely.

GPSx3 - he's just baiting you!!!

JOC (James O'Connor) is an exceptionally talented footballer - would be great to se him at the Reds - but Richard Graham surely he'd be better served elsewhere in the backline than on the wing?

I always believed he'd end up as the Wallaby #12 so why not give him the Reds#12?

Reds 2015 backline:
Genia, Quade, Turner, JOC (James O'Connor), Kerevi, CFS, Toua => things start to look better.

As for the forwards:
We just need to bring back Higgers and maybe a dynamic front rower.

Angus Cottrell wouldn't look bad in a Reds jersey either.
I know and after all of these years I still bite! Cottrell was carving up the premier competition for 3 seasons before the force signed him. I can not believe that we let him go, is a disgrace. Shatz and Quirck have not made a line break between them all year.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
From memory it was 100 lux for training and 200 lux for QPR games. I think a lighting audit lasted 12 months.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I imagine I'm the only one tipping the Brethren tomorrow?
You wouldn't be the only one.
Brothers have the best scrum in the comp, a very handy backrow and one of the most dangerous back 3's running around.
Adding in that you are playing at home and against the old rival for the templeton cup I am sure it's going to be a very close and hard fought contest.

My money will still be on uni though

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
It is a big jump to the next level. Guys like Matty Brandon have been dominating at club level for years but could not quite crack it when given his shot in the big time with the force.
It's interesting that QPR 10's have struggled to make that step over the last few years.
IMHO the 2 best fly halves (by some distance) in the comp over the last few 6-8 years have been Brandon and Dallan Murphey who both struggled to make an impression at the next level.
The next best was a 19/20 year old Jonno lance and he is still yet to show his full potential and it won't be at 10 when he does.

T

Tigers Tale

Crosby today is certainly the battle of the historical super powers of the comp.

As for Wallaby flankers off the bench in QPR - would the last have been Matt Cobain for GPS.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Matt Cockbain*

I'm sure he was reminded of the spelling in this earlier years at school. An all round terrific rugby player and Jeeps man.

Status
Not open for further replies.