• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well played brothers, far too good in the end. Defence won them the game. Greene was excellent in attack but a turnstile in defence. Good to see big Campbell Magnay get a chance in the dying stages shows he is definitely up to the physicality of prems. We were unlucky Kerevi was not cleared to play, but he wouldn't have made a difference.
Also well done to the filth reserve grade beating us in the dying seconds, unfortunately we lost 3 players in the first half.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All done and dusted for the Tigers after today. The Dragons looked good in the bits of action that I caught, very busy in the can bar today. Apparently a long range push over try for Schatz. Will have to watch the replay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So University have looked up the minor premiership with their win over Souths. GPS are safe in 4th after Sunnybank killed off Easts. Brothers have to win at Uni next week and hope GPS defeat Sunnybank to jump to second.

Finals footy is looking really good this year. I'll be interested to see the make up of the Uni team this week with Reds players available.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Best crowd I've seen out at Crosby Park in a very, very long time.

I thought Brothers deserved the win. Sam Greene was excellent.

Well done to University on winning the minor premiership. They are going to be very hard to beat next week, but I think Brothers can do it.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thoughts on your first time to Crosby Park, Jeeper?

Jeeps were competitive in all the fixtures, winning the majority. In a few years time I think they'll take the Doherty Shield.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It was great down there, the atmosphere on the hill was fantastic! Loved walking past the hill and copping it from the crowd! I was there from the first game so parking was easy, was looking like a good day for GPS before brothers produced some great rugby in the final 3 matches (prem colts, prem reserves, and prems). Greene had a good game, I like to think he isn't as good as everyone thinks, but he keep proving me wrong!

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting that the 4 teams playing finals will all have pups in 10 jersey
Uni - Dalgleish
Sunnybank - McIntyre/third
Brothers - Greene
GPS - Tuttle

Good signs for the future but it will be interesting to see how they all deal with the added pressure of finals in such a pivotal position

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Any known coaching movements in the top grade for 2015?

NRC/ high profile Bond role could shuffle some deck chairs at some clubs.
Yep will be interesting to see what movements there are for next year, also if it reverts to 8 team comp as rumoured ,where and if any players move.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Bond beat Norths. Thats 3 points of the compass in a row. They put to the sword Souths, Wests and Norths. Only Easts to go in final game.

They seem to be laying a reasonable foundation for the future.

2015 should see them middle of the table and in 2016 make the top 4. They are building well.

New coaching staff will make a huge amount of difference.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Any known coaching movements in the top grade for 2015?

NRC/ high profile Bond role could shuffle some deck chairs at some clubs.

The talk is the Bond job will go to someone coaching OS at the moment.

I see Norths are advertising for a Coach for 2015. Hopefully they find someone who is willing to put in 3-5 years to build them up. They seem to have grabbed guys in the past who have had their eye on bigger things.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All done and dusted for the Tigers after today. The Dragons looked good in the bits of action that I caught, very busy in the can bar today. Apparently a long range push over try for Schatz. Will have to watch the replay.

It was a driving maul off a lineout 40m out. Easts forwards looked like they were on roller skates.

T

Tigers Tale

Jets - the Dragons were too good for the Tigers and seem to be building nicely for the finals - Holmes & Schatz will be better for the run in terms of getting into the team rythum.

McIntyre might be the best of the young #10s, so I think you guys are a big chance to hold aloft the Hospital Cup will just depend on what impact the reds returning have on the Uni line up.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am bias but McIntyre has been great since he returned for the Dragons. It has been harsh on Third who was going very well but the extra experience makes a difference. His vision and reaction time keep the opposition on the back foot.

The other player who should be mentioned in Henry Taefu. I have been singing his praises for a while. He would not look out of place at Super level. If I was Stiles I would be pushing hard to get him in the City NRC team.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
The talk is the Bond job will go to someone coaching OS at the moment.

I see Norths are advertising for a Coach for 2015. Hopefully they find someone who is willing to put in 3-5 years to build them up. They seem to have grabbed guys in the past who have had their eye on bigger things.

Norths are advertising for every coaching and management position in the club at the moment. The goal for the club next year is just to make sure we can get depth and quality in the teams, especially Colts and Premier Grade. Not saying that results are going to be rolling in, but the fact the club can actually support itself now might mean an improvement in on-field achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.