• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

T12 I am just saying that Greene needs to get some runs on the board, and he is a vastly improved player in 2015.

Greenie gets his chance this Saturday - it will be a great match up of experience v youth.

People can form their own opinions, all I was saying was that Brandon should be respected for what he has achieved at club level over many years.

It is fair to say that they are also at the opposite end of their careers and as rugby fans can't we enjoy the talents of both regardless of what colour jersey they wear?

I don't think there is any big headiness on my part of recent (last few weeks) - I have always held the Brothers club in the highest regard and that is why I am always looking on the calendar to see when the next Brothers game is scheduled.

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
UQ don't have a lot of Reds to come back as most now play for other franchises or are on the injured list.
If JOC (James O'Connor)/hunt/Thompson turn up at Crosby they will be very hard to beat. They will actually be pretty hard to beat without them but the loss of Knox and to a lesser extent hinde will be felt by the filth.
Who will be the likely replacements? Beverage to 13 and shipperly to the wing or will old dog Gus McLean come into the reckoning?
I think Beveridge back in at 13 and Isaiah Mosese back to the wing with Pierce to fullback. Will certainly miss Knoxy

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Nope TT you have been on your best behaviour lately! Haha.

I don't believe Brandon has been as influential this season. He has been good, don't get me wrong, but so was Krelle when he was at fly half. He's doing his job and directing the team well, his goal kicking is still right up there. I think having Gordon, who I cannot praise any higher, as the second kicking option, and Mullins running the show a bit more has let Brandon sit back and do the basics well.

Greene on the other hand is the key to the dangerous Brothers backline. It'd be interesting to see how many tries he has orchestrated this season.

One things for sure, they both get belted around by opposition flankers when clearing kicks!

There are so many match up's to get excited about this weekend.

AJ Campbell v Tupou
Quirk v Beauchamp
Brandon v Greene
Gordon v Gendle (big one to watch here)
Hagen v Hyne

T

Tigers Tale

With Turner on deck Easts will have some quality line kickers in Turner (Right foot), Gordon (left) and Brandon (right).

Not only is Turner quick but he also has a massive boot.

Some of the Tigers first half defensive lapses through #13 & #14 last week will be instantly resolved if White & Turner are wearing #13 & #14.

Hagen #15 has gone off the boil a little of recent so I hope he gets back to his best this Saturday.

Let's not forget that there are 3 other games this weekend:
GPS v Snbk
Norths v Bond
Uni v Wests
South Bye

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Hasn't been touched on, but young Perese got a good welcome on the weekend to "big boy footy". He got belted by a giant hit and injured his shoulder as a result in the first half.

Only one way to learn for the young ones!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
TT, how old is Brandon this year?

As for Adam Thompson. Not in Japan but he might as well be. He's site seeing in northern Australia.

T

Tigers Tale

Reg he is not as old as he looks - he's 29.

Thanks for the Adam Thompson update - doesn't sound like he is too interested in running around in QPR.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Chill out TT I am not doubting Brando's ability more tiger lands way to measure the quality of a 10 (one win or loss).

Off easts for a moment (I am sure we will get back there shortly)
How good is Andy Muirhead! I know Hagen gets a lot of praise on here but every time I have ever seen this kid play he just rips it up. Good kicking game, speed to burn and could step you in a shoe box.

I strangely heard that he is not getting a good look in at the NRC selection table and can not see why not. Is there something I am missing warhorse?

T

Tigers Tale

How good is Andy Muirhead! I know Hagen gets a lot of praise on here but every time I have ever seen this kid play he just rips it up. Good kicking game, speed to burn and could step you in a shoe box.

I strangely heard that he is not getting a good look in at the NRC selection table and can not see why not. Is there something I am missing warhorse?

I agree Red Heavy I think he is a wonderful footballer and should be getting a shot at NRC even if that means on the wing initially.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Andy Muirhead is certainly a wonderfully gifted player and has been very consistent for Souths over the last few years. Also plays for the invitational 7's team the Tribe, and I think spent some time last year playing in the NPC with Counties Manukau. Don't know if he's on the Reds' radar, but IMO he should be.

Tiger Land

Stan Wickham (3)
Uni v West will be a tight one.

If West play as good as they did last week Uni maybe in trouble (also considering Uni haven't been at their best).

The West scrum is one to watch (they were causing Sanday, Ready and Campbell a bit of grief). Red Heavy how has the Uni scrum been lately?

It will be a great game to watch but I think the Red Heavies will get the win, if all their key players fire.

T

Tigers Tale

If Bros were to lose this week (which I am not necessarily saying will occur) and then Uni were to beat them next week then Uni could well find themselves in prime position to finish 2nd.

Likewise Snbk if they can string a few wins together.

It will be riveting over the next few weeks as teams jockey for finals spots.

Tiger Land

Stan Wickham (3)
TT I believe it is one more win for the Tigers to be in the major semi-final.

It looks like there is gonna be a real fight between Bond, Sbnk, UQ and Souths for 3rd and 4th place

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
As Pieman said in a previous post Andy Muirhead played the first three QPR games for Souths in 2014 before moving to NZ to play for Counties Manukau.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Reg he is not as old as he looks - he's 29.

Thanks for the Adam Thompson update - doesn't sound like he is too interested in running around in QPR.

I don't think we would be contractually obliged to, and given he is heading back to Japan soon this is essentially his offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Tiger Land - we all have aspirations/ predictions/ projections for our own club leading into the final 3 rounds and the finals but this piece (below) might help you with analysing the endless possibilities for how the final four might pan out.

Post of mine from Sunday 21 June - Page 111 - follows:-

After Round 15:

Team; Points; Max final points; Rnd 16; Rnd 17; Rnd 18

Easts; 57; 72; bros; SNBK; BOND;
Bros; 50; 65; EASTS; uni; SOUTHS;
Uni; 44; 59; WESTS; BROS; snbk;
Snbk; 43; 58; GPS; easts; UNI;
Souths; 40; 50; bye; WESTS; bros

My only comment would be if Souths can get 2 x 5 pointers they might just sneak into the 4.

I don't want to put a jinx on Easts like (pre 1994-95) Queensland Sheffield Shield supporters, so you won't see any predictions from me as to what might happen.

But mathematically a win for Easts this week would put them in a strong position to take out the minor premiership but I am sure its the Hospital Cup that the team/club really wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.