• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Jamie, any idea how many weeks Criff got?

UQ v Easts - most would probably be tipping a UQ win which is understandable. However, the Tigers seem to pose as a bogey team for the Students. Easts are always good in big games, which comes with experience. The same applies with Uni - they're last Major - Semi loss was to Brothers in 2011.

Let's hope there are no more red cards in the Souths v Brothers game on the weekend. Though I imagine a vocal TT would be egging both teams on from the sideline.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
TT there's really no value in going back through posts that are months old to have a go at them.

T

Tigers Tale

Fair enough Reg I apologise for having a crack at Drizzle & I will remove that one but not the one having a crack at Bruce Ross who clearly has no appreciation of QPR and at the time I took offense to his disparaging remarks about QPR.

T

Tigers Tale

TT - I will watch the minor semi in a very relaxed frame of mind as the two combatants go at each other. There will be no egging on from me at that time of the day.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Bruce how did you rate Dammers effort with GPS this year?

Do you think he may have underestimated what a tough comp QPR is much like you did in your comments above. Granted that Sydney Uni is the oldest club in the land but there are other decent rugby clubs in Aust and we have quite a few of them (incl. GPS) in QPR.

There were quite a few new Prem Grade coaches in QPR this year (Sampson, Picone, Hedger, Fogerty, Dammers) but I doubt your endorsement of Dammers sits that well with what he achieved at GPS this year - maybe he has a 3 year plan!!

Or will GPS be out trying to poach coaches from other clubs again at the end of this season.
GPS had a poor season but with several in the Reds squad, were depleted. Not sure the new coach went down that well with some long term players who decided to play lower lower grades than their ability would suggest and club members will be asking what the hell happened. I didn't see a game where GPS were at full strength. Next year will be interesting to see if they can attract the right cattle.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Prince Henry - I think you'll find the guys who decided to drop back to lower grades were always going to do so in 2015 regardless of the coaching staff. Donno, Ferg etc have each played 200+ games for the club and it was taking its toll, especially considering they were blokes playing for the love of rugby, not trying to go pro.

What was more concerning was the blokes who didn't even play at all this year such as Ellis, McWhirter, Zangari and Zonka to name a few. Granted a few of them had increased work commitments but its still hard to build a strong Premier/Premier Reserve team when a bunch of cornerstones leave.

Goodluck to the three GPS teams in finals this weekend, Prem Colts, 3rd Grade and 4th Grade. I'm sure they will all give it a good crack.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Best of luck to all teams this weekend.
Should be very proud of your efforts to make it to the big stage.
Just a shame the stage has now been moved to the carpark! But that's another issue!! Ballymore will be busier than KFC in Apia last Wednesday!!
Enjoy the moment, play hard and fair and may the best team, on the day, win!!!
Been a pleasure gentlemen & ladies!!
GB - out.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
11202127_1619671481623244_5722254510358215381_n.jpg

T

Tigers Tale

Will JOC (James O'Connor) wear #12 & Hunt #13 for Brothers this Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.