• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The real gaffe here is the scheduling conflict with the Wallabies game on Saturday night. I feel sorry for the 8.25am kickoff 4th grade players who wanted to enjoy the footy and have some beers on Saturday night!

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sunday will be an absolute clusterf..k if all games are to be played at Ballymore. The residents will have even more reason to hate the precinct as well as the QRU.

One obvious question is where do they expect the teams to warm up?

IMO, the only other real alternative is to see whether Uni have the capability to host Saturday. And before everyone goes bananas...I suggest Uni because they have a good sized grandstand, they have a licensed clubhouse, they have fields, they have parking, they have lights and they make a good burger; what more could you want from a ground?

Yes, it may give the 6 Uni teams scheduled to play on Saturday, a 'home ground' advantage; but St Lucia is one of the less intimidating home grounds in Brisbane, and has all the amenities.

It seems reasonable to me.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
There won't be a field change unfortunately, runsonrum. I've seen the official email and it says they had considered spreading the games across other grounds but already decided against it. Everyone will just have to deal with it.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
It's a bit of a joke really. When did Liverpool announce they were coming to Brisbane? How has a suitable alternate field not been organised in that time if Liverpool booked a significant period of time ago? Looks like it's all about the $$$$ to me, little concern for the club players as usual.

And might I ask why the 2nd field can't be used on Saturday? Surely that would free up some space for Sunday?

I'm sure some of the more casual players and coaches were looking forward to enjoying a few extra beers on Saturday night at the only test in Brisbane. Stiff bickies, you're playing Sunday morning now.

I haven't seen the email, did they apologise? Did they push the buck? Or is it just another "we fucked up, tough shit. Deal with the ramifications" ?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Purce, I don't know for sure but Liverpool were meant to be flying out Saturday morning so I suspect the booking is a late one. I would also suspect they've booked the entire facility. Because, you know, they can!

T

Tigers Tale

I would have been happy for them to shift some of the Saturday games to Kawana that would have been a good outcome, giving something back to the Sunshine Coast. It is an amazing rugby facility at Kawana which is now very much under used. The playing surface at Kawana when we last played QPR there was one of the best in the country in any code.

T

Tigers Tale

The thing is for any side playing this weekend "it is what it is" so they just need to turn up and play.

Easts & Uni will both be ready to roll at 7:10pm on Sunday but it is a long day for the players/coaches and there is 3/4 hours between the end of the Reggie's minor (same clubs)& Premier Grade major kick off. That is another issue that the coaching staff of both clubs will need manage.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
The thing is for any side playing this weekend "it is what it is" so they just need to turn up and play.

Of course they do, they don't really have a choice do they? The issue I have is that due to a stuff up and/or chasing coin the qru have screwed over grass roots rugby. Either they have known about this for a long period of time(in which they could have organised an alternative) or it's just happened and they have raised a big, fat, money hungry middle finger to club rugby. To pull this shit LESS THAN ONE WEEK out from finals is nothing short of disgraceful and shows their complete lack of respect and their complete disinterest in club rugby.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rather then everyone whinge on this forum about QRU finals double booking where half dozen or so posters read it. May i suggest you go directly to the QRU facebook/twitter page and let them know how big a bunch of muppets they are.

Someone has already wrote a great spray directed at QRU that popped up in my Facebook feed. These fools at Herston won't wake up until Corporate sponsors start pulling out and they take the concerns of their grassroot fanbase seriously!

I am absolutely baffled that Richard Graham hasn't been fired yet... Reds won't be getting any of my money next year thats for sure.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Rather then everyone whinge on this forum about QRU finals double booking where half dozen or so posters read it. May i suggest you go directly to the QRU facebook/twitter page and let them know how big a bunch of muppets they are.

Someone has already wrote a great spray directed at QRU that popped up in my Facebook feed. These fools at Herston won't wake up until Corporate sponsors start pulling out and they take the concerns of their grassroot fanbase seriously!

I am absolutely baffled that Richard Graham hasn't been fired yet. Reds won't be getting any of my money next year thats for sure.

Already done! A few others have hit Facebook.

The other issue with the Sunday games is that they have allowed 90 min windows for games. Therefore if any go to overtime (at least an extra 25 mins) all other matches are pushed back. Could be a very late start for prems if a couple run over!

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Hard to nominate even one thing that the QRU have done well this season.

From K.Hunt as VC, to the debacle this weekend and Dick Graham in between, it's been a bucket of poop all the way.

Despite that good luck to all the semi-finalists this weekend! Should be some great rugby...

T

Tigers Tale

Doughty Shield Final Standings
Uni 556
Snbk 404
Bros 393
Easts 380
GPS 348
Sths 243
Wsts 229
Bond 182
Nth 150

Congrats to Uni - I thinks that's 6 in a row.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm disappointed with the timetabling of the Sunday Premier games as I would have liked to take my kids to watch Easts as we regularly watch them at Bottomley Park (and my kids play for Easts) but 7.10pm kickoff on a Sunday is not family friendly. Have to hope that Easts progress to the final for an afternoon kickoff.

T

Tigers Tale

You would be pretty familiar with Prelim Finals Big Dog. What is GPS record in prelims like - '14 loss, '13 win, 'O2 loss to Easts.

It could only possibly be 2/3 wins in prelims in about 40 years.

How was mad Monday for the GPS lads??

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm sure the Easts squad will be at the Prelim watching Brothers play UQ.
With a bit of luck they should also be watching Easts Prem Reserves and Prem Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.