• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Chipsy Wood provided some entertaining footy yesterday. Souths deserved to win Premier Grade. Brothers were good in patches but failed to add to the score board late in the second half to ensure a win and thus conceded a penalty to allow Souths to get the chocolates in the dying minutes.

There was a very unsavoury incident at the end which ruined the overall positivity of the game. I understand rugby fields can get a bit heated and boys will be boys, but idiots running onto the field and getting involved is absolutely disgraceful. Whoever it was from Souths who ran on deserves months on the sideline. It is a very bad look for the game. And I would be saying exactly the same thing if it was a Brothers player. This is not an anti-Souths rant - it is an anti-dickhead rant.

Anyway, congrats to Souths, they were the better team. It should be a good contest next week. Souths have a good shot at the title this year but Brothers won't be pushovers.

TT, T12 & Fritz- congrats on the Minor Premiership. Uni will be very hard to beat next week.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth I agree we don't need idiots like that in the game.

Is Greenie ok because when radio coverage clocked off he had been hit late and was receiving attention - maybe he was playing for a late penalty.

At the 50 minute mark yesterday when Brothers hit the front with their 4th try, Easts were down 14-26 and it was looking like a Uni v Bros Major, so it must have been a gusty come back from the Tigers which will hold them in good stead for the coming weeks.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts(3rd) Reggie's have finished the H&A season with 5 wins Wests, Souths, Bros(1st), Snbk, Bond(2nd).

That includes wins against Bros & Bond in the last 3 weeks - good form leading in.

Significantly their last loss was to Uni (15-28) in round 13, and it is Uni that they will face in next week's minor semi.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Easts(3rd) Reggie's have finished the H&A season with 5 wins Wests, Souths, Bros(1st), Snbk, Bond(2nd).

That includes wins against Bros & Bond in the last 3 weeks - good form leading in.

Significantly their last loss was to Uni (15-28) in round 13, and it is Uni that they will face in next week's minor semi.
Very stoked to have all three top sides (Premier, Reserve, Prem Colts) in the finals, and all a genuine chance of playing in the final.

Reserves are on a big role right now, and are a darkhorse going into play offs. Premier Colts probably are less likely to go deep into finals, but have been going well lately.

Credit to Pat Richards and the respective coaches for stepping up these sides this season, something Easts has not had in a long while. I can't remember the last time Easts had those 3 sides in finals the same season. TT any help?

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
No discussion here of the conversion charge down in the Brothers v Souths game by Brothers' Mitch Felsmen for a try conversion from straight in front which was disallowed by the ref who was not watching and did not see the Souths kicker shimmy with his feet to commence his approach run. The ref was talking to another person and not concentrating on the kick. Felsman did and was quick to the ball and beat the kicker to the tee. Felsmen had attempted to charge down every try conversion for the game so it was not out of character for him to have a crack.The re-kick was uncontested. Souths win by 1 point! The ref was caught out not concentrating. AR's closed ranks as to be expected. Refs standing behind the tryline in the corner were dumbfounded and respectfully reticent to comment as they could not explain the decision.

Sure, the points are on the board, the game is won by Souths but the point is that both sides rely on quality refereeing. Mistakes will happen and hopefully at the review of performances this week, appropriate notice will be given to such minutiae which can swing a game.

Yep, I get it. It is only a game.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
There are more than a few handy referees in Premier Rugby at the moment - how was Nigel Owens on the weekend at Uni/Bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Extract my post 30 March 2015 page 58:

here are some stats I did last year (they don't include the actual 2014 points table).

Numbers of wins:

Team: Average; 2013; 2012; 2011

1st: 14; 14; 14; 14
2nd: 12.7; 13; 12; 13
3rd: 12.7; 13; 12; 13
4th: 12.7; 13; 12; 13

So adjusting for the fact that Sunshine Coast Stingrays were in the comp 2011-13 that equates to 2 additional wins - if you deduct 2 from the average above you come up with the following number of wins you need to secure a top 4 spot:

1st 12
2nd 10.7
3rd 10.7
4th 10.7

What this means is that you can only afford 5 losses in a 16 game (9 teams) Prem comp to be assured of a top 4 spot - once you lose 6 you are effectively out of contention.

Then 2014; 2015; 2011-13 adjusted Ave.;
1st:14 wins;13; 12
2nd: 11; 12; 10.7;
3rd: 12; 10; 10.7;
4th: 10; 9; 10.7

Clearly the fact there were 6 sides rather than 5 who were genuine top 4 contenders in 2015 meant that the number of wins to finish 3rd & 4th were less than prior years.

However 1st & 2nd were higher number of wins than prior years averages.

Is does however support the theory that if you drop 5/6 games through the season you will be lucky to make the top 4.

All this means nothing heading into next week's semi finals.

Interesting that Snbk beat both Easts & Uni this year and won the Welsby Cup but missed the semis - I think Easts did a similar thing in 2011.

T

Tigers Tale

Red Heavy your lads look good coming into the finals.

I really don't think that the result of round 13 at Bottomley is the form line that the bookies should use to frame the major semis market.

T

Tigers Tale

Tigers will hopefully have all hands back on deck for the major with the following who may all be up for selection:
- Turner;
- Paraka;
- Hagen;
- Wilder;
- Quirk.

Some nice selection worries for the Tigers but whatever the 15/23 they select, they will have to perform well to get the better of Uni in the twilight battle next Sunday.

Both clubs have had recent success at the Major Semi - Uni ('14) &. Easts ('13) progressed to the GF through the Major in the last two years. Uni were minor premiers in '14 whereas Easts qualified second for the 2013 Major.

T

Tigers Tale

Been a long time since Easts met Uni in a Premier (A) Grade semi final.

In 1983 Uni beat Easts in the Prelim Final but I can't recall a subsequent finals encounter.

Can anyone add to this?

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
Firstly, congratulations to all teams who are in the finals. On Ngauamo, if Souths do lose him, I'd say Souths' chances of going all the way would be severely impacted. He has become a bit of an enigma but his running game and go forward has taken a lot of heat of guys like Dave Feao up front. The return game this week should be spicy one.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I believe the Wests Premier Colts players who got suspended for fighting in the GPS game a few weeks got 3 weeks on the sidelines? If that is the precedent set at the moment for in-game fighting then I would imagine Ngauamo will be looking at least 6-9 weeks of suspension. Pretty poor form really.

What is the ruling with suspensions when they run out of the season? Does it have to be ARU/QRU sanctioned games? I seem to remember something about players being able to chew through their suspension periods by claiming they were going to be involved in the out of season 7s tournaments (presuming their club entered a side) and thus making them available earlier the following season.

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
If Ngauamo ran on to the field, surely he must get a lengthy suspension. That would be a real blow for Souths but that sort of behavior shouldn't be tolerated.

Has anyone seen the Souths v Brothers video? Does it show the incident?

Where was Ed Quirk for Easts v Bond? He doesn't show up on the team list and I heard James Sua played #8.

How about Sunnybank? Neither premier Grade or Premier Reserve Grade made the finals! Bet there will be some very unhappy people in their office today.

Ian Cameron

Frank Row (1)
Firstly I have sat and read in disbelief at some of the slanderous rubbish that has been put in this forum for some 2 or 3 years in relation to Clubs and players from all clubs and this rubbish has mainly submitted by the same people time and time again.

Last year the endless rubbish that was put on here about certain Coaches and players & Club’s including South’s was just ridiculous and it was all wrong as usual!

Sites like this are very dangerous as some weak spineless people get off on hiding behind Forum and Social Media anonymously.

Unlike others I am on here under my real name and I won’t be hiding behind some lame Anonymous Name like some others and yes I am a Souths member and supporter and have been for a long time and will for a long time for come.

But as for Mr Breakdown and yes we know who you are and who you used to play for and where you are now coaching. But I won’t name you but be guaranteed everyone knows who you are.

Calling and Naming a person a grub on here or in any public forum is defamatory and slanderous – whether people think that and whether it is true or not it is just not on!

But Unlike certain comments coming out of the Forum, I was actually at the South vs Brothers game on Saturday and the game was a great contest between to very good teams.

It is a damn shame it has been marred by the final incident which players from both Club contributed too!

It is obvious some Brothers and some disgruntled Former South’s Players, Coaches & supporters are very vocal on this Forum. Eg Breakdown for one example I and we know there are others.

No club or team in Brisbane do or would ever condone the any alleged incident or any of that off field behaviour and rubbish.

However it is has been conveniently swept under the carpet and left out somehow as to why the incident started and which player / club was the initiator and it was not a South’s player that started the incident.

Please remember from the incident a RED card was given to the Brothers No.8 for foul, dangerous and illegal play.

A king hit is something that is not acceptable in society (One Punch Can Kill!) and isn’t acceptable in Rugby or any sport and nor should it be.

As I stated earlier no one likes to see a great game become a talking point for the wrong reasons.

Let the powers to be run and influence the game not anonymous people who don’t have the backbone to come on here under their real name and take cheap shots at Players, Clubs and or Officials.

I can tell one thing University or Easts will want to win their Major Semi this weekend because I doubt they will want to play Brothers or Souths in a Preliminary Final the following week!

And I have just read Red Gallopers comments which are false and misleading and a contrived version of events to suit some misleading and dishonest agenda to say the least.

Having viewed the whole game along with the Coaching Staff of South’s numerous times to see what actually transpired in the game. Red Gallopers version of events which is total rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.