• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Filth I recon they'd rather play the Filth because your guys are soft!!!!!!

T

Tigers Tale

Filth you still have to get by an old boys do at the Nest - magpies to win!!!!

Red Galloper

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just putting it out there, I think Mick Heenan should get the nod to head coach the reds next year. The things he has done with UQ is not by luck.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Woah looks like a exciting last round. I was not Easts v Bond but following tweets, looks like the tigers came from behind.

Easts 31-26 Bond Uni
UQ 54-22 Sunnybank
Souths 30-29 Brothers

Assuming Souths got a bonus point, and Sunnybank didn't, which looks like it was the case, Souths leapfrog the Dragons into 4th. Can someone confirm if Souths got the bonus point?

Easts v University Major Semi
Brothers v Souths Minor Semi

Well done Souths!

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Are souths allowed to interchange their props every 15 to 20 mins next week in the semi ? Wow like watching league. Number 3 for souths Dave feo should get charged with punching after he punched a brothers player in the back of the head so hard he had to go of the field and take no futher part in the game as brothers scored a try early in the second half. Number 2 for souths Marlee should also go for running of the bench and throwing punches near the end of the game.brothers were attacking in the last minutes when Sam green was hit late and then attacked on the ground by souths players the ref stopped play while brothers were on the attack 20 meters out from souths line. Brothers hard done by souths gave away alot of penalties when brothers were attacking their line but no yellow seen them given for alot less this year. Next week should be exciting

Maxy

Peter Burge (5)
Sunnybank scored 4 tries against Uni, so that needs to go into the equation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Souths are in - Snbk & Sths both won 9 games, so it would then go to F&A are Souths had a superior PD of about 40/50 points.

Major - Easts v Uni;
Minor - Bros v Souths (replay of today's game)

I was listening to Souths v Bros today - great coverage with Michael Broad joining the coverage and being very insightful. Apparently Broady is off to coach in Portugal. However with 2 minutes to play Sths up by 1 the coverage timed out for an Easts supporter who was uncertain as to what was happening at the Gold Coach it was torture.

At the time Sam Green was down having been hit late - is he ok?

Propsperspective

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes Souths got 4 tries. Be a lot of sleepless nights for a few players after that brawl in the last min. It was pretty ordinary stuff from a few players from both sides. The ref team handled it quite well but it wasn't a good look for the comp.

T

Tigers Tale

A week is a long time in rugby - this time last week Snbk were hot and Easts were worried after 2 consecutive losses, the week before Bros were hot after defeating Easts - now Snbk are out, Bros have lost 2 on the trot & fallen to 3rd and Easts have rallied after being down 14-26 @ the 50 minute mark today with a patched up side.

All bets are off now as they all start with the clean sheet next Sunday.

Good luck to all involved.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Agreed TT, the last 3 rounds has thrown up lots of twists.

University running hot right now, and once they get on a roll they are hard to stop. Although Easts will be confident given how last time they met they put 50 on them, and the first round could of gone either way.

Souths on the rise and Brothers slipping, this one will be hard to pick. The Filth are the better side in my opinion when at their best, but anything below and Souths will take their opportunity.

My very early predictions, University to beat Easts narrowly, Souths to beat Brothers again, and then Easts to defeat Souths and play Uni in the final.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Souths are in - Snbk & Sths both won 9 games, so it would then go to F&A are Souths had a superior PD of about 40/50 points.

Major - Easts v Uni;
Minor - Bros v Souths (replay of today's game)

I was listening to Souths v Bros today - great coverage with Michael Broad joining the coverage and being very insightful. Apparently Broady is off to coach in Portugal. However with 2 minutes to play Sths up by 1 the coverage timed out for an Easts supporter who was uncertain as to what was happening at the Gold Coach it was torture.

Glad you enjoyed the coverage! Michael is off to coach in Barcelona, Spain next season.

Unfortunately the broadcast had to cut off at 4:58 pm at the request of 4EB.

While Souths lead Sunnybank by 40+ in points differential, Sunnybank had that draw with Wests in midseason, so they've got one less defeat.

Is the tiebreaker wins, or Points Differential?

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
While Souths lead Sunnybank by 40+ in points differential, Sunnybank had that draw with Wests in midseason, so they've got one less defeat.

Is the tiebreaker wins, or Points Differential?

Wins is the first tiebreaker, points differential is the second. Souths and Sunnybank both had 9 wins - draws and losses don't come into the equation at all. So the points differential decides it.

Well done Magpies.

Will be a great day at Ballymore next Sunday. Go the Tigers!

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Souths played well probably deserved the win. Souths scrum was strong. Very very average in the last couple of minutes. I thought if you throw one you go! Criff was red carded (fair enough) but what about the Souths blokes beating the shit out of Green and the Souths No 2 running from the bench to throw a few haymakers while play was still going on (does that constitute 16 on the field?). Then Green copes a can of beer in the head from the morons on the sideline. Solid numbers at the old boys day but seriously, throwing projectiles at players!!! And they call us the filth. Was a great overall day of well contested fair rugby until the last few minutes of Prems. Will be a very interesting tape to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.