• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Fritz, you must have had too many Tiger ales. To blame the Hoff and to even say that the Easts scrum had parity shows you viewpoint is biased. Sunnybank won the scrims and the game. Watch out for Bond.big improvers..maybe next year!

No doubt Snbk were the better side last Saturday and deserved the win.

In perspective it was Easts worst performance of the year and with a few players back this week I think you will see a vastly improved effort this weekend. If they can get over Bond who showed last week that they are in form then they will be minor premiers and two wins away from another Hospital Cup.

It is that time of the year that all teams must lift their game to another level and I hope that Easts can rise to another level - they've been challenged now let's see how they respond.

But for a moment of Sam Greene vision they would have wrapped up the minor premiership by now, and I'm predicting that they will do so this Saturday.

Once the finals start it will be a whole new ball game - desperation will see all 4 finalists lift their game to another level.

The cream will rise to the top - question is that with player departures & injury who will that be?

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Agreed. I am sure the Tiges were a bit down on the day, I watched it with a Tiger supporter who said that but didn't offer any excuses. I really couldn't care one way or the other (Bond excluded), but I see it as anyone's race at this stage. Probably favour Uni at this stage

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Nigel Owens will referee a QPR game this weekend.
https://www.facebook.com/QLDrugbyrefs/posts/852213031528394?fref=nf

The one and only Nigel Owens will this weekend strap on the boots and ref Premier Grade in Brisbane taking control of the Uni v Sunnybank encounter. We all know he will do a bang up job and provide us with a unique insight on footy here in the Sunshine State. Nigel's ARs for the game will be two of our youngest and most promising members in Cam Foley and Sam Rasmussen and I am sure both can't wait!

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)

I remember vividly Clive Norling refereeing an Easts vs Brothers Welsby Cup Final where he penalised Easts on full time for a ruck infringement making it a 18 all draw. It was a classic Northern interpretation vs Southern interpretation .
Both UQ and the Dragons may have to brush up on how he referees as opposed to what they're accustomed.

T

Tigers Tale

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but last Saturday was probably the last time that the Tapuai's will play together for Sunnybank as Ben leaves to take up his post at the Force this week.

Seems that all top 4 sides are being affected by departure & injury in the lead up to the finals:

Easts - Gunn, Wilkin;
Uni - McDurling, Browning;
Bros - Gendle, Hyne;
Snbk - Tapuai, Schatz, (Holmes - Wallabies);

I will undoubtedly have forgotten some individuals.

Sage

Frank Row (1)
The unavailability of Liam Gill is a massive blow for Sunnybank. He has enormous impact at club level. Although the club could well do with Rob Simmons at the lineout, it has been at least 2 seasons since Rob has worn the Dragon's jersey.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
JOC (James O'Connor).PNG

The newest player to the Brethren backline.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Seems that all top 4 sides are being affected by departure & injury in the lead up to the finals:

Easts - Gunn, Wilkin;
Uni - McDurling, Browning;
Bros - Gendle, Hyne;
Snbk - Tapuai, Schatz, (Holmes - Wallabies);

I will undoubtedly have forgotten some individuals.
Was going to respond this that only the Brothers team to date is affected (of the names above) as opposed to additions not eventuating ...

But then Filths post indicated they might be getting an addition or two...

T

Tigers Tale

View attachment 6599

The newest player to the Brethren backline.

Filth now no more complaining about no Brothers players in the Reds now that you have JOC (James O'Connor) & Hunt for the rest of the season.

Wow a back line containing the Brand, the Waterboy & K - that will change the hospital cup odds.

I bet Quade would love to have a run for Souths this week against those guys.

T

Tigers Tale

I am confident that Easts will bounce back well this week.

They mightn't be S15 players but the Easts ins of White, Wilder & Hagen maybe just as valuable for the Tigers as the Filth's high profile ins.

The Easts back line hasn't clicked as a unit this year but with these guys having an enforced break due to injury we might see their best over coming weeks - Tigers fans will be hoping so.

Great test for the Tigers to see how they respond to back to back losses - I think that the physicality of the Bros game may have contributed to their Sunnybank performance.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - if Easts, Uni & Bros were all to get rolled this weekend and positions on the table wouldn't change. But despite tight contests in each I think they'll all get up tomorrow with Major Semi spots on the line.

Interesting to see that JOC (James O'Connor) & K haven't been listed to start for Brothers - do you know what's happening there?

T

Tigers Tale

It will be a difficult day at Bond for the Tigers as Bond have named a good side and this will mean that their Reggie's will also be a strong outfit. Bond sit 2nd on the Prem Res table so the Tigers who are 3rd will be looking to secure a confidence boosting win. The result will not change competition standings - Bond have qualified for the Major and Easts the Minor.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Both (JOC (James O'Connor) & K) will most likely play next week, TT. Who would Easts rather play in the Major Semi (if they finish 1st or 2nd)? Brothers or University?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Don't write off the Maggies just yet. On their day they can beat any team in the comp.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.