• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

In relation to the GPS 3rd grade situation:

Malice/intent is not an element of the crime.

If there was any doubt in regards certain players they should have got clarification from the QRU.

Pretty simple stuff really and if they have got it wrong it rightly leaves a bitter taste in all other clubs month.

There are no degrees in honesty - you are either honest or not.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am really trying to not discuss the matter TT but it becomes hard when people like yourself with zero knowledge of the actual situation decide to make sweeping statements about not being honest and such. Unless you work at the QRU or GPS its probably not really something you should be commenting on.

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
I put this forward Big Dog for consideration:

Either

a. no-one at GPS knows or is aware of the rules as you are, which I find hard to comprehend given such a long and successful history of making finals and dealing with dispensations, and therefore the situation is unfortunate.

b. GPS knowingly tried to flout the rules thinking that no-one would query

or

c. given the re-arranging of semi finals with Liverpool etc, it must have been quite stressful and busy at Reds HQ, and therefore I refer you to point b.

Whatever the case, I do feel for all concerned:

1. Wests players who may have woken up from Mad Monday to find out that they are not done yet.
2. The GPS players who had qualified for 3rd Grade
3. University who aren't 100% as to who they are playing this week.

Souths must be grinning from ear to ear?!?!?

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog - I have not made any discrimatory statement of your club in this instance.

I have just voiced what all non-GPS followers would feel about the issue.

Do the crime do the time.

T

Tigers Tale

You are 100% correct I have absolutely no knowledge of the specifics - I was just speaking generally on a matter of principle.

BTW I really have not much interest in it apart from a desire that if the rules have been breached then there needs to be consequences.

T

Tigers Tale

I don't think anyone at the QRU would really want to have to deal with it.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I won't say much about the GPS 3rd grade situation except for don't believe everything you hear. The situation has been twisted by a few people.

GPS lower grades were decimated by injury in the latter half of the season and as such, some regular third grade players played higher. There has then been some confusion about player eligibility for finals (as only 3rds and 4ths made it) and it looks like some mistakes have been made. Nothing malicious. The club was very open about the players they had selected and to their knowledge it was all above board. Its on the QRU now to resolve.
It will be interesting if that is the case. In 2005 Souths Reserve Grade had a Grand Final victory against Brothers taken off them by the QRU because a mistake was made and a player came on for the last minute of the game, who had played 5 games run on and one off the bench instead of the required 6 games run on. The player was openly named as a reserve for the game without any untoward activity by Souths but three months later after Brothers trawled the seasons game sheets they lodged a complaint and although the time for complaints had well and truly expired they reviewed the result and awarded the GF to Brothers.
Consistency would be appropriate.
I know the facts of the Souths case because I was an administrator that made the error with the game count.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse - the QRU would appear to have been consistent in the penalty imposed as the Fixtures for 3rd Grade on their website shows the 3rd grade prelim final will be Uni v Wests.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The QRU are hearing GPS appeal tonight. I would presume the club would not bother appealing unless they had decent grounds which would offer reinstatement into the competition. We will see.

I know a few years ago Norths got DQ'd from a Friday night comp, I'm not sure whether they appealed but the decision stood and they were eliminated. It would seem the QRU don't seem to budge on their decisions but from what I understand of the current situation, I hope the outcome is favorable for GPS.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
I really am getting sick of the pretentious anti-GPS dribble that you continue to serve up on this forum TT. I urge you to refrain from making comments insinuating the GPS club is a dishonest club in the future. Have an opinion by all means but inaccurate commentating on these matters is uncalled for! Pull your head in!

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
TT was just restating a fact. Go and look at the Fixture list for this Sunday. GPS have been disqualified. Notice the full stop after the word disqualified.

Blame the QRU,blame TT, or shut up turnaround and face up.

Rules apply equally to all clubs.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Can anyone explain why last weeks Main Game was played at 7.10?

Why wasn't it played at 3.20 and the Women's and or lower grades either moved or had their games played at the later time slot?

Forget Liverpool, forget extra times etc, and forget political correctness.

Our best QPR Match was played at a ridiculous time.
Was it to negate the Tiger faithfull from having an influence?

Conspiracy theories....everybody's got one,

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
That is not the part of TT's comment I was disputing Fritz. There was an insinuation of dishonesty at the GPS club which is totally uncalled for. Obviously other factors like administrative error have been totally written off among a host of other possible reasons not known to you or TT and not even given a look in as to how this situation has come about.

The fact that GPS is disputing the ruling would suggest there were grounds to appeal. if GPS has lost that appeal, fair enough but I will not (and Im sure any other loyal GPS supporter) will not tolerate being painted as a dishonest club.

This forum I presume is to talk about footy and in light of Easts recent record against GPS we have copped our medicine and as painful as it has been to cop we've copped it on the chin. The insinuated "honesty" of a club or lack thereof made with no understanding of the club, is slander of the highest standard and one as a proud GPS club supporter I will not cop without having a right of reply.

T

Tigers Tale

I really am getting sick of the pretentious anti-GPS dribble that you continue to serve up on this forum TT. I urge you to refrain from making comments insinuating the GPS club is a dishonest club in the future. Have an opinion by all means but inaccurate commentating on these matters is uncalled for! Pull your head in!

Stallion you are kidding yourself mate - I have have refrained for emotive post re your club months ago because you take such great offence to it.

My comments relating to this issue are primarily just fact.

Why does your club take such an anti QRU stance and complain and whinge when the QRU are simply administering the rules.

I also hear that your Prem Colts team disregarded the QRU directive on Sunday by returning to the shed (which Easts had been allocated for Prem Grade). When the QRU had directed that teams were to vacate their shed when they went to warm up. I hear that they not only hung around as the Easts side were entering the shed but they also decided that they would help themselves to the Easts pre-game food & refreshments. Poor form my friend.

T

Tigers Tale

Stallion how the situation arose Is irrelevant the only things is whether they played players that they shouldn't have and if they did then the penalty has to be enforced. End of story.

I don't see how they can win the appeal on the ground of dispensations for players. The dispensations cannot be granted retrospectively.

So I hope GPS have a better ground for appeal otherwise they will be wasting the appeals panels time. But everybody has a right to appeal I suppose.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
TT true to form you've taken this way off tangent and instead of retracting your utter nonsense about the insinuated "dishonesty" of our club, you've managed to trump up issues with negatively loaded descriptions you've conjured using hearsay by people who obviously share the same anti-GPS sentiment you do.

GPS has not "whinged" about the ruling. The club has a right if it believes it has a right to appeal against a ruling just like any other club does in the competition, and within the rules has exercised that right. Who are you to say the club does not have that right? Do you personally know what grounds the club appealed against the ruling? I highly doubt that. So what gives you the right to make a comment on the honesty of our club?

Our club, (just like all clubs) have people who aren't just passionate about the club but about rugby in general as well, unless you know with substantiated proof there were dishonest dealings as to why the rules were breached than refrain from commenting.

If the appeal has been registered and subsequently rejected by the QRU, as clearly advised on my previous post. Fair play. But again if you don't know the true grounds as to why the situation arose in the first place put a plug in it.

And lastly, your utter distaste for the GPS club is well known, but to judge an entire club because of the actions of some teenagers who "allegedly" ate your premier grade team's food is bordering on ridiculous and another cheap petty pot shot to push your agendas against our club, which you are becoming well known for on this forum "my friend".

SamKnortonKnight

Frank Row (1)
TT, how can you be commenting on something you clearly know nothing about? keep your weightless comments to yourself.

you also contradict yourself.... ""So I hope GPS have a better ground for appeal otherwise they will be wasting the appeals panels time. But everybody has a right to appeal I suppose.""

Gps have a right to appeal - stop trying to be a hero.

Just another toothless tiger!

SamKnortonKnight

Frank Row (1)
also - having a whinge about honesty and poor form? pleaseee mate - a bunch of 19 year old boys had a few or the Easts oranges did they? Sorry about that- I will post a box of oranges through to you.

also, for the record... I don't know anything about what happened with this food/changeroom incident but I just thought I would comment on something I don't know anything about... that's what the purpose of this is isn't it?

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
Really TT? If it was irrelevant than why would there be parameter within the rules catering for extenuating circumstances? It appears that it DOES matter otherwise those parameters would not have been provided in the first place?

You really need to open that other eye and cut the GPS club some slack. Your cheap shots are becoming somewhat tiresome. You have a great team, everyone knows that, and even the most ardent GPS fan affords you that much (even if its begrudgingly given).

Say what you want about our teams on the field but as advised previously if you don't have substantiated proof, having a go at the integrity of our club is just defamatory. Sort yourself out TT! Quite simply you are becoming a poor reflection of the Easts Rugby Union club with your rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.