• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
C'mon BigDog, I gave you more credit than that.

Every team in 3rd Grade had 6 byes over the course of the season. So, no, I did not take that into account and nor should it be.

The 1 forfeit you can have.

Still does not alter the facts.

Doesn't alter the fact that players were playing Reserve Grade the week before finals, and at no stage throughout the season had they stepped onto the field for 3rd Grade prior to the Semi Final.

Still does not alter the fact that a majority of the 3rd Grade team listed for GPS had predominantly been playing from Reserve Grade down to 2nd Grade throughout the season.

So, are you saying that, at no stage did anyone stop and ask "how is this possible, that they can be able to play for 3rd Grade?" in the Clubhouse at Yoku?!?!

I have tried to be somewhat level headed about all of this, but please?!?!

If GPS weren't trying to "Richie McCaw" the rules, then how could there have been miscommunication between the QRU and GPS regarding who could get dispensation.

No other teams that I know of had a problem downloading data from Rugbylink into excel, in order to figure out which teams players could or would qualify for, without having to ask the QRU about hypothetical scenarios.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Pop off the forum for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose...

Firstly I know nothing of this case but as someone who has had to deal with the dispensation process a lot I know you can get mixed messages from the Qru from time to time. Experience has taught me no matter what apply for dispensation as that will always be the final answer.

Secondly TT while your up on your high horse do try to remember how you felt when your lads got stripped of all those points for playing an unregistered Cam Trelor a few years back. I assume it would have been an honest mistake made by one person that effected all the players and supports down at the den. I don't think people would have thought of your whole club as dishonest for that.

T

Train Without a Station

runsonrum either produce real facts or shut up.

It's not players. It appears to be a single player. I can find evidence of 14 of the 15 starters from the weekend playing 3rd grade throughout the season. It appears likely it's actually 1 player in dispute.

Perhaps they were mislead regarding the byes and the forfeit are the factor in dispute:

"Dispensation can be sought based upon injury to that player, or if the team that they would normally play for has had forfeits against them".

It appears under this basis they have no argument:

"If a player has started in at least 10 competition games in a higher grade/s, they cannot be selected in a lower grade. (ie If you have started 10 games or more combined in Reserve Grade, 1st Grade and 2nd Grade, you cannot be selected in 3rd Grade)"

But I'm not privy to all the facts. I do know that many of these things you are claiming as "FACT", are not though.

Most of the information is readily available. Support your claim with it or shut the fuck up I reckon.

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
You talk big for someone on a anonymous forum TWAS.

You obviously don't know how to use excel properly.

And it is amazing that you are the only person from Jeeps who has disputed anything that I have said.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
TWAS - thanks for actually adding some facts to the table.

Runsonrum, you definitely know more about the situation than others on this forum but I think you may only know one side of the tale.

I can tell you that the eligibility rule of players playing more than 10 games in a higher team is definitely not the breach which is being disputed.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)

And it is amazing that you are the only person from Jeeps who has disputed anything that I have said.

I am choosing not to dispute or agree with anything until after the appeal tonight. It serves no purpose having an argument about these things on an anonymous rugby forum.

T

Train Without a Station

I don't play for Jeeps. Never even been to Yoku Road in fact. As you can see by my logos, I'm affiliated with Melbourne Uni and Bond Pirates. We're on the Gold Coast. If you don't want it to be anonymous, I'll be Pirates number 7 in the first grade semi final at Pizzey Park on Sunday.

Regardless, my point is stop peddling false claims as facts. If you have facts, point to them actually. Not make bold, false claims stating they are facts. You're targeting the integrity of people. At least have the decency to target them based on real facts.

Despite having zero affiliation or knowledge of the club, I could just find that 14 of the 15 from the weekend had started games in 3rd grade. Despite your claims that a number of players having not played 3rd grade at all.

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
If you could read, and then possibly interpret data properly, it could help us all.

Prior to the semi final just played, there are a number of players who hadn't stepped on for 3rd Grade.

The rugbylink data has been updated since the semi final.

I have no interest in naming players specifically. It is not their fault whatsoever, and I do not want them being "named and shamed" publicly just so that you can puff your chest out about how you bullied someone over the internet.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm saying don't say they ran half their team on that never played, when the evidence suggest otherwise.

If they adjusted previous rugbylink data wouldn't they have thought to adjust the entire team?

Can any administrators back up runsonrum's claim that you can even edit the details in past games where results are marked as official?

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
OMG?!?!?

I have stated that a number of players prior to the semi final had not stepped on the field for 3rd Grade.
I have stated that a majority of the team had played predominantly for grades higher than 3rd Grade.

I have NEVER stated that you can edit rugbylink data...

Why am I wasting my time with you?!?! Go away.

T

Train Without a Station

So you're claiming GPS falsified their team list?

Because that's the only conclusion I can come to through your haphazard argument.

OMG?!?!?

I have stated that a number of players prior to the semi final had not stepped on the field for 3rd Grade.

14 of the 15 players from the Semi-Final team have been listed in 3rd grade previously.

T

Train Without a Station

Well what are you saying?

I've just quoted you saying "a number of players prior to the semi final had not stepped on the field for 3rd Grade."

No. According to rugbylink 14 of the 15 have played 3rd grade this year at least once. I didn't check to see if they met qualification requirements beyond that.

"The rugbylink data has been updated since the semi final"

Well either you are claiming the rugbylink data for the semi final team is wrong, and GPS knowingly played different players but inserted those names, or you are claiming they adjusted previous games. Either way, by your words you're accusing them of deliberately cheating. That's a pretty big claim.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I will say just one more thing about this as clearly this is becoming a ridiculous he said/she said affair.

22 of the 23 players (I'm including the reserves for those of you who will now accuse GPS of fielding too many players!) had taken the field and played forGPS 3rd Grade prior to the semi-final on the weekend. Obviously it wasn't the exact week before the final as the team had a bye that weekend. That is fact and the last I'm going to say.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
"There is always three sides to a tale, BigDog. Yours, mine and the truth."

Don't forget TT's "FOX News Bill 'O Reilly" version of the truth where everyone from GPS is a grass roots rugby terrorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.