• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That's football though, TT. I'm sure the day will come when Easts lose on the dot after being the better team for 79 minutes in a grand-final.

If Jeeps get in the finals with a backline of Tuttle, Duncan P, Fiangaa, Kerevi, Johnson, Magnay, Kuridrani. Plus with a forward pack of Kotze and Talakai - they will be very hard to beat.

On a side note: Karmichael, Tui, JOC (James O'Connor) and Adam Thomson will be allocated to a club side at the beginning of round 1 of the QPR season.

Matty Thushker

Stan Wickham (3)
With that team Filth, GPS could seriously play and do very well in the NRC! (especially if the others came back from interstate)

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
That's football though, TT. I'm sure the day will come when Easts lose on the dot after being the better team for 79 minutes in a grand-final.

If Jeeps get in the finals with a backline of Tuttle, Duncan P, Fiangaa, Kerevi, Johnson, Magnay, Kuridrani. Plus with a forward pack of Kotze and Talakai - they will be very hard to beat.

On a side note: Karmichael, Tui, JOC (James O'Connor) and Adam Thomson will be allocated to a club side at the beginning of round 1 of the QPR season.

Don't forget Frisby and Saia Faiinga. By far and away the most lethal backline in QPR.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I can't see why anyone would write off G.P.S. I think they should be regarded in the same light as Sunnybank and University - teams with plenty of depth, talent and representative players.

I heard the same thing, TD.

JOC (James O'Connor) - Brothers

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
I know TT has floated the idea several times already but Karmichael to Easts could be more possibile than we might think considering his Churchie background. With that being said, school was a long time ago for Hunt so I highly doubt that will play a part in his decision (assuming he's the one that gets to make the decision). Nonetheless, fullback seems to be one of Easts weaker positions this year so having him come the end of the season would be very helpful.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
Would love to see a GPS Side run out in the finals looking like;

1. Sam Talakai
2. Saia Fainga'a
3. Ryan Freeney/Fred Burke
4. Marco Kotze
5. Dan Gorman
6. Mitch King
7. Waita Setu/Vili Fainga'a
8. Henrick Tui

9. Nick Frisby/Sam Grasso
10. Duncan P/James Tuttle
11. Chris Kuridrani
12. Anthony Fainga'a/Sam Johnson
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Campbell Magnay
15. Cant remember his name but former Brothers player who was at the Rebels last year

T

Tigers Tale

SOTG I would love to be able to reveal that Karmichael or Thomson would be assigned to the Tigers but I just don't know, however Johnny Wilder, Lachy Turner & Hunt would be a pretty good back three.

You could mount an argument that Easts would then have the best front 3 (Paraka, Ready & Sanday) & back 3 in the comp.

Easts might just be able to win enough games when S15 is in session to get them into the top 4 and from there you just never know.

You would have to say that "re-bulding" might be a term that people use in relation to the Tigers this year but I think it is a cop out - you are either good enough to compete or you are not.

If Ready & Paraka play a lot of footy for the Tigers this year they will take a lot of young lads with them in terms of being competitive up front and then Mullins, Brandon & White might do it out the back with some young guns.

Easts play Bond Uni & Qld U20 in trials on Saturday @ Bottomley and I understand that the Reds want Ready, Paraka & Gunn to have a run for the Tigers.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I know TT has floated the idea several times already but Karmichael to Easts could be more possibile than we might think considering his Churchie background. With that being said, school was a long time ago for Hunt so I highly doubt that will play a part in his decision (assuming he's the one that gets to make the decision). Nonetheless, fullback seems to be one of Easts weaker positions this year so having him come the end of the season would be very helpful.

I thought former stingray and uni man Elliott Hagen was going to play at Easts?
He recently returned from nz and thought uni had a enough talent at fullback with banks, Pincus and jj. Which is sad for us because not only he is a top bloke but he will also be one of the best players in the comp.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Easts play Bond Uni & Qld U20 in trials on Saturday @ Bottomley and I understand that the Reds want Ready, Paraka & Gunn to have a run for the Tigers.
Interesting that the Reds are keen for them to play considering banks and gale have been told not to play in the club champs game this week. One with a niggle and the other in fear of an injury now that the Reds are a bit light on.
The Qld 7's boys have also been encouraged not to lace up this weekend.

Throw in an injury to Harry Parker, Herman porter staying at home for the expected birth of his first child and all the Qld 20's boys unavailable the uni team will have a few new faces this weekend.

We are still very confident with the team we are sending down though. Forward pack looks especially strong.

T

Tigers Tale

He recently returned from nz and thought uni had a enough talent at fullback with banks, Pincus and jj. Which is sad for us because not only he is a top bloke but he will also be one of the best players in the comp.

Sounds like a nice pick up for the Tigers glad to see talent spread over the comp than creating Super Reserve Grade sides.

Easts are in desperate need of punch from #15 like Toua,Placid, Walker, Lucas have provided for the last 6/7 years.

T

Tigers Tale

What about Will Tuffley ?

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)

Good news for the tigers then. Excited to see how he goes. TT, any idea of the lineup we are throwing at Bond and the Queensland 20's Saturday?

T

Tigers Tale

Sorry SOTG haven't been around training all I know is that Pat Richards had been advised by the QRU - the QRU gives out directives to the clubs each week relating to the availability of the Reds contracted players - that they wanted Ready, Paraka & Gunn to have a run for the Tigers.

I think the #1 side will play QLD U20 and the second side will play Bond. (I can't believe that the Uni U20 Reps have been told to play the trial rather than the ACC game in Sydney - if I was Uni I'd be furious.)

I don't know whether Bond will bring their #1 side or whether it will be a composite Prems/Reggies side.

I think there is a Prem Colts trial with Bond, the Easts lower grades/colts are playing internal trials.

I did see Sam Fatal at the Coast over Christmas and he told me he was very much looking forward to the trial against the Tigers.

Let the games begin at Bottomley for 2015.

Good luck to Uni in the ACC.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
UQ team for the weekend:

1. Pat Fepuleai
2. Tonga Ma'afu
3. Campbell Wakely
4. Jay Adkins
5. Sam Reiser
6. Jack Cornelsen
7. Conor Mitchell (c)
8. Jack De Guingand
9. Will Thompson
10. Ed Gibson
11. Gareth Kalell
12. Steve O'Leary
13. Ben Cullen
14. Fraser Hess
15. Mac Burgess
16. Matt Randell
17. Ozzy Ozzy Vaiomanu
18. Hamish Richardson
19. Tom Vaessen
20. Tom Perkins
21. Patrick Morrey
22. Thomas Marcellesi
23. Brandon Murray

T

Tigers Tale

Great to see Will Thompson running out for UQ this week.

Matt Randell is off the bench - funny he has gone to Uni to get more Premier Grade exposure yet he started in the corresponding encounter for the Tigers last year.

Bottomley Park game times on 14 February:

8.55am 2nd/3rd Grade v 4th Grade
10.15am Colts 1 v Bond University
11.35am Premier Colts v Bond University
12.55pm 1st Grade v Bond University
2.15pm Premier Squad v Bond University
3.45pm Premier Squad v Queensland Under 20′s

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In all honesty, that isn't the strongest UQ side I've seen on paper. However, I think the coaches alluded to the fact they have a big squad and want the opportunity to give potential Premier Grade starters some game time. Totally understandable. Though, I think an Eastwood team at TG Millner will be very hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.