• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Guy Millar
2 Sam Needs
3 Rob Lagudi
4 Tom Alexander
5 George Kent
6 Jackson Larkin
7 Hugh Perrett
8 Pat Sio
9 Mick Snowden
10 Jai Ayoub
11 John Grant
12 Blake Sutton
13 Tom Hill
14 Ben Shorter
15 Ben Batger

Reserves
16 Tannous Ferris
17 Jed Gillespie
18 Dylan Brass
19 Jared Barry
20 Jordan Goddard
21 Max Page
22 Sioni Kupu
23 Ben Coady

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yep tt Tonga gets first crack at hooker but there 12 rotations so I am guessing both will have plenty of game time

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Will Thompson answered an sos from the coaches and will be officially hanging up the boots after this game.
Hopefully he can go out a winner

T

Tigers Tale

RH - I appreciate what you are saying with Randell but my prediction is that he doesn't start in more than 5 games for you guys this year unless Tonga gets injured.

He will need to wear the sunscreen on a Saturday because he will be seeing a lot of the Reserve Grade Coach.

Matty Thushker

Stan Wickham (3)
In all honesty, that isn't the strongest UQ side I've seen on paper. However, I think the coaches alluded to the fact they have a big squad and want the opportunity to give potential Premier Grade starters some game time. Totally understandable. Though, I think an Eastwood team at TG Millner will be very hard to beat.

I agree that isn't the strongest side UQ I have seen recently, with quite a few of those players playing '1st Grade' last season.

I know there are other factors at play, however it is such a shame they can't play this game at season's end, when both teams are at full strength. That would be a much fairer indication of who is the 'best' club team in Australia. I know both teams will try their best, but this game is reading more like a trial, than a true 'Austalian Club Championship' game.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
Along with a lot of other interested onlookers from GPS, I took the opportunity to go down and have a look at the 2015 Norths Premier grade hopefuls play yesterday night against Brahmans.

Taking into consideration that it was only a trial, not to mention the absence of regulars like Rob Puliuvea, Sean Minehan, and new recruits like Craig Hunt and Mitch Fuller as well as a few others, Norths still look very skinny in the forwards department in regards to depth, experience and talent.

The harsh reality is, despite the progress being made down at Shaw Rd, the Achilles heal of not having a robust enough pack to act as the foundation to unleash the decent backline they have assembled on their books (Vuki, Satui, Mailata, Craig Hunt et al.) it will still make it hard for them to trouble the heavyweight teams. Definitely a 3-5 year project at the very least, and the supporters down at Norths will have to continue to be patient.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Uni goes down to Eastwood 21-20.
Uni score after the bell and have a conversion to win it 10 meters to the side of the post to win the game. He missed...
3 tries a piece
Considering it was both sides first hit out for the year it was played at a tremendous pace and pretty good standard.
Eastwood were massive across the board and I had at least 5 years on most uni players.
Uni had 10 players make their club premier debut and every one really stood up.
Should be a good year for the heavies if they can produce that effort week in week out

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If a second rate University side can come that close to the Woodies, they'll probably feature in back-to-back Grand Finals. Even though it pains me to say it - a very solid effort by UQ.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Filth, heard a rumour Brothers will be charging entry to watch footy at Crosby this year?
Any truth?
If so, for all games or just prems?
Will be a shame for e.g. 2nd grade families wanting to watch husbands, boyfriends, fathers play some rugby, to have to pay for the privilege?
I understand with the new ARU fees we are all trying to recoup those costs, but pushing supporters away from watching might not be the best idea?

Any other clubs looking at charging entry?

Sent from my mind......

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
What about opposing players? Brothers going to charge them?

There's a backway into the grounds via Royal Terrace, will that become gated?

T

Tigers Tale

TD there were quite a few mainstream Tigers rested e.g. Brandon, Mullins, and Reds did a backflip on Thurs and ruled Ready, Paraka, Gunn out so a reserve grade side went down to bond(pretty much full strength) 7 tries to 1 and only saw first half of the other trial Qld U20 were up 2 tries to nil but it was a pretty scrappy affair the classiest player on the field was Elliot Hagen @ #15 for the tigers. I hope there is more to come into the u20s because they didn't look too sharp.

T

Tigers Tale

The Filth charging an entrance fee is a bit rich - pardon the pun!!!

Why can they do so because the games are under the auspice of the QRU - the QRU Board (aka Bros old boys club) should tell Brothers to pull their head in.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think you're being harsh TT. It was either a choice between asking players to pay more in subs this year or charging a small entrance fee.

As Stumpy said before, it will only cost members about $2 a game and away supporters only have to pay the $5 once.

More clubs will revert to this option due to club rugby taking another hit by the ARU.

Status
Not open for further replies.