• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Souths 46 d Bond Uni 10
Uni 38 d Norths 12
Easts 14 d GPS 0
Wests 22 drew with Sunnybank 22

Herculean effort by Easts forwards to hold GPS out in that 2nd half with 2 Tigers in the bin. Well done boys.

T

Tigers Tale

Souths 46 d Bond Uni 10
Uni 38 d Norths 12
Easts 14 d GPS 0
Wests 22 drew with Sunnybank 22

Herculean effort by Easts forwards to hold GPS out in that 2nd half with 2 Tigers in the bin. Well done boys.

Can't help myself but I noticed that numbers were down in glue factory today.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I will be careful with what I say, but the ref at Yoku RD was (insert negative adjective). let's leave it at that.

Dull affair to be honest, but the Tigers defence in the second half, with serious time with only 13 men, was amazing. That's the determination and grit that will win trophies for any team.

Tommy Milosevic was my standout, as he tackled anything that moved. Gordon was also excellent, and I'm backing him as a darkhorse for a NRC spot.

For GPS, it bewilders me that a backline boasting some quality players, simply cannot score, or even threaten to.

There was a comment a while back saying the Gallopers pack was the issue. That was most definately not the case this afternoon. The GPS pack not only matched Easts (scrums, breakdown efficiency), but also won several aspects (line outs). However the backline looked very lacking.

Overall, average game to watch, (insert negative adjective) refereeing, outstanding Easts defence, poor GPS attack.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
And great to see Souths turning it up again. They have some serious quality in their team (Turner, Van der Walt, Robinson, Ngaumo) and it is great for the comp having them knock off the perceieved stronger sides.

Brothers probably owe Souths a beer after the last two rounds! Haha

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Went to GPS today to watch the resurgent home side. Yep, no chance. Backs were dreadful, except the 13. Seemed to be the only player running with intent. Hard to make inroads when the 10 is flat footed and passing behind those outside him. Just shows the gap between them and the top team, particularly when Easts had 13 on the field and their defence still couldn't be breached.
Crowd was down significantly. Only reason for this was that school rugby is back on and impacted those turning up. Fastest beer service at Yoku Rd - ever!

Great news re Souths taking it to Bond. The impressive steady rise of Wests continues. The Bank are on the nose at the moment.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
I will be careful with what I say, but the ref at Yoku RD was (insert negative adjective). let's leave it at that.

Dull affair to be honest, but the Tigers defence in the second half, with serious time with only 13 men, was amazing. That's the determination and grit that will win trophies for any team.

Tommy Milosevic was my standout, as he tackled anything that moved. Gordon was also excellent, and I'm backing him as a darkhorse for a NRC spot.

For GPS, it bewilders me that a backline boasting some quality players, simply cannot score, or even threaten to.

There was a comment a while back saying the Gallopers pack was the issue. That was most definately not the case this afternoon. The GPS pack not only matched Easts (scrums, breakdown efficiency), but also won several aspects (line outs). However the backline looked very lacking.

Overall, average game to watch, (insert negative adjective) refereeing, outstanding Easts defence, poor GPS attack.
I could not agree more re referee. Rugby is not far from being the most attractive winter code going if we can find a way to get a message to referees. Please don't feel compelled to whistle each and every breakdown. Try and have as your objective when you run into the field to referee an open and attractive game. Leave the technicalities out and let the men (young and old) play the game. The QRU and the referees association need to get together and discuss. The current standard is very ordinary from juniris through to seniors. Over blowing is causing games to be stop start affairs, momentum is taken out of games, the game loving audience is confused, players and coaches are frustrated and the game overal, suffers at all levels. I'm writing this watching a Super 15 game between Hurricanes and Blues with some goose in pink continually blowing the pea. You are not the stars of the games referees and you're not police but you're trying to be! Off my soap box now! What's the penalty count?

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Wests finally played well for two halves today they looked like a team not two separate teams of forwards and backs. Forwards strong in the scrums against sunnybank as they were against brothers last week. Wests forwards took a bit of stick last year about their scrum good work to change that around this year with their scrum being one of the strongest in th comp. backs ran with much more purpose today and showed great ball control. The penalty count must have been 3 to 1 to sunnybank so well done west great game.

T

Tigers Tale

1 observation without any opinion - interesting to see that the 6 sides in semi finals contention (i.e. current top 6) play each other in round 18:
Uni v Snbk
Bond v Easts
Souths v Bros

There will probably be a heap of permutations leading into round 18.

T

Tigers Tale

Not wanting to take anything away from the Magpies - who are now a major force in QPR15 - but can anyone involved with Bond enlighten us as to whether there are a few guys missing at present its just that the line-up in yesterday's program had a few different names listed from the sides that played the majority of the first 8/9 rounds.

Has depth had an impact on Bond's recent efforts?

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Wests finally played well for two halves today they looked like a team not two separate teams of forwards and backs. Forwards strong in the scrums against sunnybank as they were against brothers last week. Wests forwards took a bit of stick last year about their scrum good work to change that around this year with their scrum being one of the strongest in th comp. backs ran with much more purpose today and showed great ball control. The penalty count must have been 3 to 1 to sunnybank so well done west great game.

I agree, the Wests Piggies were good. Lynch the 6 and the 2 locks were solid. The 13 has to get his hands on the ball more - he broke tackles just looking at blokes.
If Greene was still there they would be 3 places higher on the table. Their kicking game is not wonderful at all.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Not wanting to take anything away from the Magpies - who are now a major force in QPR15 - but can anyone involved with Bond enlighten us as to whether there are a few guys missing at present its just that the line-up in yesterday's program had a few different names listed from the sides that played the majority of the first 8/9 rounds.

Has depth had an impact on Bond's recent efforts?

Not involved at all, but I overheard Sean Hedger say today, that if there had been another injury, he would have been running on at hooker himself.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
I was at Yoku Rd on Saturday and Easts defence was impenetrable. The Easts pack in particular have a self belief that has grown week by week and it's going to take some sharp attack to get through. The Referee killed off any chance of a flowing game and the large GPS crowd lost their voice as their backline fired blanks. End of season will feel like a long way away to GPS who look rudderless and impotent.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
RE the GPS v Easts game. Firstly, as a supporter, the crowd was disappointing which is not a good sign. GPS set piece was dominant at times but it didn't matter as the backs had no spark.

Lots of chatter from the crowd about who was actually playing for GPS, the only back who has been there 2+ years is Isaac Weier. This is not necessarily my opinion but that chat was then echoed by the notion of too many blokes playing for contracts trying to play individual footy rather than a team game.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Went to Sylvan Road for the 3 games mentioned, all hotly contested games and well done to the doggies...the Wests scrum in Colts demolished Sunnybank. In premier grade whilst they had their full compliment on the field they gave Sunnybank the runaround especially for that last try. I am not sure if anyone saw the try scored by the Wests Premier Colts winger but it was honestly one of the best try I have ever seen...I can't even describe how he scored it but it was an individual piece of magic. Whole body in the air and out of the field of play but dotted down one handed with inches to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.