• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Logan needs a promotion ASAP to Premier Rugby.

I don't think they'll go as bad as most expect. They should recruit well.

The facilities are up to scratch, the fields are great. I really hope 2015 is the year.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rugby Follower does have a valid point here. Not in the bitterness dept towards the Filth, but rather where newly contracted REDS end up aligning and the flow on effect it will have with interest in the NRC.

Having Karmichael Hunt who has no connection to any Brisbane Rugby club and ultimately being aligned with Norths helps get Norths parents & kids thru the gate at Ballymore for the NRC competition. This is not to take away anything from the powerhouse Colts programs of UQ, GPS, Sunnybank which will continue to supply the majority of stars for the QLD NRC teams.

but to have a newly signed recruit (such as Hunt) who is outsider to Brisbane club rugby choosing a team which could have positive outcome for interests across the whole of the Brisbane club rugby scene.

I can tell you I have absolutely no interest in going to any of the NRC competition games because there is no Wests players to cheer for. (Genia is injured)

I assume Rugby Followers has some similar sentiment with his interest in this comp and how it could be more interesting for him had he had someone from the Eagles out there to cheer for.

The days of club rugby being the showcase of tomorrows stars is over.
NRC is now the competition for tomorrows stars.
Club rugby will simply wither away to tribal battlegrounds and a stepping stone to the stepping stone.
So you don't support the reds or wallabies unless Genia or higgers is playing?
I can see your point about new reds with no previous club affiliation being suggested to certain clubs but it has to be up to the player at the end of the day.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I can't see Logan getting into the Premier comp in 2015. They need at least 12 months preparation to get everything lined up. If the QRU want them in Premier rugby in 2016 they should tell them sooner rather than only giving them a few months to sort themselves out.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I agree with Jets. I think Logan's inclusion into the QPR is essential, it will happen, but in a few years time.

I would love to see Logan play in the Premier Rugby comp.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
To be honest I have no idea who is on the short list. There needs to be serious change for Norths to continue their rebuilding program. Colts are looking good for next year with the U17 just making the U17 Div 1 GF. However a good colts program is a mile away from having a competitive Prem Grade team. I suspect 2015 will continue to be dark days for the Prem team. Perhaps my idea of the Reds draft needs to be implemented ASAP for Norths to have any sort of profile.
Talk is that a reserve grade coach from another north side club might be off the Shaw Rd to do Prems.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure where that was heard? Pretty sure Nick Fogarty (GPS prem reserves this year) will be coaching prems. Shane Drahm perhaps?

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure where that was heard? Pretty sure Nick Fogarty (GPS prem reserves this year) will be coaching prems. Shane Drahm perhaps?

I think you'll find Fogarty will be in charge of Norths and I'm guessing a few players might follow him also. In my opinion, and I stress my opinion, GPS have done a huge dis-service to Fogarty by not giving him a chance at Prems coaching. Three Prem Reserves premierships in four years (would have been four had not the other team rorted the eligibility)....I mean what else does a loyal servant need to do? Appears to me this "corporatisation" thing going on down at GPS could be a slippery slope in the future. I hope I'm wrong as I love the club.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Jeeper Would you mind illuminating us all on your accusations of rorting? I believe that the Competition Manager would have been interested 12 months ago otherwise I would suggest that you keep your accusations to yourself.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Anyway, I still think GPS are in a very strong position. I predict they will make the final next year.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
triplet, thats a different message to the one I was told, not through a first hand source though so may not be fully accurate. I was under the impression that Fogarty had been given a role on the GPS Prems coaching staff (Kite and Slater to keep coaching Prem Reserves) and that Drahm had essentially been told there was no room for him, hence I assumed he would be taking the Norths Prems gig.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I hear he was offer an assistant gig with GPS but wanted to test himself as a head coach at Premier level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
I hear that the reserve grade coaches won't be at GPS next year either too. What is going on down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Whilst i hope to see Logan promoted as well i can't see it happening for 2015, the QRU has accepted quite a large liability by bankrolling both NRC teams. So i think any expansion or major shake-ups at QPR level will be postponed until some certainty can come of the future of the NRC and financial stability of the two NRC teams.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will be very interesting to see what happens then in terms of players heading to Norths. Forgarty has a good relationship with many players in the Norths 2nd Grade team who won the Premiership. If he can convince some of those guys to have a proper off-season and have another crack at Prems (most of the guys already played 2-3 seasons of Prems at GPS and are still only in their late 20s) they will have quite a bit of depth in the squad.

T

Tigers Tale

This is the first I've heard of Sambo taking over the reigns from Pat Richards next year. Where has this info come from Breakdown? Tiger Tale, as the man in the know at Tigerland can you confirm?

I haven't heard anything along these lines. I think the President, the Coach & the Asst Coach are all fine with the Premier Grade coaching structure. Sambo would be an appealing option for other clubs though - so hands off GPS, Souths, etc. I don't think Sambo would take on those clubs in any event I think more likely that Sambo will pick up a S15 job some where in Aust sooner or later.

BTW "K" would look good in a tigers jersey.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth don't know about K but Quade & Pocock did.

Gill and Nick Buchanan were both Easts juniors.

T

Tigers Tale

All good rugby follower, I didn't take it the wrong way, I have pretty thick skin after my long battle with Tigers Tale on this forum. Haha

Filth we don't battle I just correct your inaccuracies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.