• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
However, you have been saved. I recall 'Ascot/Clayfield' being connected to GPS not us until later on in the piece before totally disbanding.

T

Tigers Tale

Surprised TT isn't here announcing that Thomson is playing for the Tigers in 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got Turner correct Jets & that is the only Reds recruit that I've ever said would play at the Den but Thomson would be welcome.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth you know that JOC (James O'Connor) would not be a good cultural match as we have a no DH policy - he would be better suited at a North of the River club.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Anyone know when the Australian Club Championship will be played? I have to say I'm supporting the Woodies. All I know is that it has to be played in Sydney.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
When was the last time it was played in Sydney? I don't think they are that keen on the game and actually enjoy coming up to God's country for the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Jets - Sydney Uni played Qld Uni in Sydney before the start of the respective competitions in 2013.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Sorry for a rubbish rumour first post but... at the city vs country NRC game a bloke from UQ behind me was bragging about how Taniela Tupou was coming to the Red Heavies. Being coached by Scott Allen would undoubtedly be good for his development.

I've read in earlier pages that he was rumoured for Brothers as well. I'm not familiar with their coaches, would he likely develop into a good scrummager there?

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Mathison? I know he's a good communicator.

Does anyone believe Tupou would sign for a club up here if he didn't expect to be played at Premier level at least? I'm scratching my head because I doubt he'd fit in straight away in the Men's.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think he's thinking short term. The Reds, I hope, would've mapped out a development plan which includes a lot of Under 20 play I suspect.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
It would make sense for Tupou to go to a club where he will consistently be able to play 80 minutes of premier grade every week, which will be brilliant for his development. A club like Wests, Norths, Bond whom don't have rep front rowers and don't have much depth in the front row. So not only would it be a development for him, but a gain in front row depth for one of those 3 clubs.

Same goes for new recruit Duncan Paiauaa. He'd be best going to a club that doesn't have an upcoming 10 so he can play all year in his position of choice and perhaps in a struggling team where he can learn to guide a team around the field at premier grade level.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would think Tupou would play at least a few games in Premier Colts before moving straight into Premier Grade, especially being a front rower.

As RugbyReg said you'd think the Reds would have a pretty clear development plan considering they've signed him up as a 'prospect' and want him to develop more before moving into the main squad.

Brothers does seem like a good fit in my opinion. He would have the resources of a good coach in Ben McCormack for Prem Colts and also the front row mentoring coming from Matho in Prem Grade.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What defines sensationally early TD?

The first round last year was mid-late March which I thought was pretty early considering it made teams play trials in February.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Going back a few years (2012) the first round wasn't until the last weekend in April when the weather was becoming much more accommodating. If the actual season ends up kicking off any earlier than March and there needs to be trials in January its going to be bloody hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.