• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

GPS played really well on the weekend and showed our kids what's expected at premier level.

As I said earlier on in the season the key to this comp is consistency and that's something that usually comes with experience.

Not something we have in abundance at the moment with 5 kids in prems on the weekend still being colts including 2 17 year olds.

But I think everyone at stade de heavy will be up for this weekend so don't take us too easy TT.

I don't think an Easts side has ever underestimated a Uni side and Easts will clearly start as underdogs this Saturday given Uni will have a huge bounce back factor this week.

Looking forward to a great contest this Saturday.

T

Tigers Tale

Cat_A & Red Heavy I hope the game matches the thrill of these two recent encounters at Bottomley Park.

2012 - the Greatest Comeback Ever @ Bottomley Park

Short highlights package - warning this is not a piece that Will Tuffley should watch - he had his kick charged down - Brandon try, and stepped by Jordan Tuapou & Toby White tries by 2!!

2013 Rnd 13 @ Bottomley 20-20 Draw

Features Mike Harris in one of his rare outings for the Students.

2013 Rnd 13 - the Gunn Tackle

An oldie but a goodie - the day M Gunn announced his arrival in big boy rugby!! Rod Davies was later heard to say "I didn't see him".

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I've heard that same, Swansong. Thomson was at Crosby for the Bros v Souths game. JOC (James O'Connor) was with him as well, but as mentioned, I think he's playing for Brothers.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Easts will be strengthened this weekend against Uni with the return of TH Prop Kirwan Sanday from a Fiji A (Fiji Warriors) undefeated tour of South America. He started against an Argenina XV most of whom have signed for the new Argentina side in Super Rugby next year. Fiji Warriors won 23 - 21 . The Fiji Warriors also won their two games against Uruguay 30 - 22 and 42 - 22.
Suprised it hasn't been mentioned here, but Sanday made the preliminary Fiji WC Squad. Massive opportunity for him as one of the few non-professional players.

T

Tigers Tale

Great news for one of the nicest guys in the competition.

He is an absolute scrum tragic.

Well done to him he really deserves the opportunity he's been one of the best (if not the most consistent) Tight Heads in QPR for 4/5 years now - originally at Brothers before returning to his junior club Easts in 2013.

(Trivia - he played his junior rugby at Easts alongside Tim Buchanan.)

He played a big part in Easts 2013 premiership and will undoubtedly be after another in 2015 with the Tigers now that he has nearly secured a RWC spot with Fiji.

Great club man.

T

Tigers Tale

I've heard that same, Swansong. Thomson was at Crosby for the Bros v Souths game. JOC (James O'Connor) was with him as well, but as mentioned, I think he's playing for Brothers.

That must have been before their dust up at Suncorp!!!!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Getting close to NRC time, Who's your bolsters for 2015.?
Elliot Hagen (Easts) and Stephan van der Walt (Souths) have been standouts all season.

Hagen will be QLD Country, but not sure on van der Walt. If he is City he'll be up against the likes of Ben Tapuai, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Karmichel Hunt & Toby White for a spot.

Samking

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah agreed, Be hard to find Van der Walt a spot in a team with that talent.
How about the lesser clubs, Veresa Matatini is a machine for easts, Tyrone Leaafaui For wests at Centre.?

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
I hope the NRC is reserved for players on the up not ARL/AFL converts.
Van der Walt can't /won't pass. White looks better every season and Gordon has had a great time playing inside him. AJ Campbell deserves a shot he has kept Easts pack dominant with and without Sanday, Ready and Parraka, he also plays both sides of the scrum. Quirk, Gunn, and Wilkins makes a pretty good back row .
Definites
Parraka
Ready
Campbell
Sanday
Quirk
Wilkins
Gunn
Mullins
White
Hagen

Possibles
Richards
Moore
Power
Brandon
Gordon

Swansong10

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'd like to say James Moore get a look in for NRC . He has been sensational for Easts this year since his return to Rugby - Probably a spot there for a second row/back rower as well this year.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I hope the NRC is reserved for players on the up not ARL/AFL converts.
Van der Walt can't /won't pass. White looks better every season and Gordon has had a great time playing inside him. AJ Campbell deserves a shot he has kept Easts pack dominant with and without Sanday, Ready and Parraka, he also plays both sides of the scrum. Quirk, Gunn, and Wilkins makes a pretty good back row .
Definites
Parraka
Ready
Campbell
Sanday
Quirk
Wilkins
Gunn
Mullins
White
Hagen

Possibles
Richards
Moore
Power
Brandon
Gordon
Wow this is ridiculous....I mean what did Johnny Wilder do to get left out? :p

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'd like to say James Moore get a look in for NRC . He has been sensational for Easts this year since his return to Rugby - Probably a spot there for a second row/back rower as well this year.
I agree Jimmy has been great this season, but suffers the same issue as van der Walt, lot's of competition if he is City eligble. What's his background? Is he a coast boy?

T

Tigers Tale

Apart from the guys who were there last year I would like to see some of the following get a look in but there won't be room for all of them:

Muirhead - Souths;
Smith - Wests;
Cox - Bond;
Turner - Souths (he may have been with QC (Quade Cooper) last year);
Fakaosilea - Snbk;
Mitchell - Uni;
Hagen - Easts;
McMillan - Bond;
Arnold - Bond;
T Tupou - Brothers;
Setu - GPS.

And Sam Greene will get greater exposure in the NRC this year probably get the QC (Quade Cooper)#10.

The Premier Coaches put forward their bolters in a recent weekly program see link below:

http://online.fliphtml5.com/xsol/ggbm/#p=9

T

Tigers Tale

Looking forward to the two 2014 Brisbane City players - White & Parker - lining up against each other in the #13 channel this Saturday.

I personally think Parker would be better served as a #15 than a #13 but I suppose there are quite a few good #15s at the Uni club.

The "Harry Badger" clearly has speed and class but will that be enough against this forum's favourite #13 Toby White?

Status
Not open for further replies.