Charlie Fox (21)
Filth lets go through those Easts guys who were selected in the NRC and determine whether they should or should not have been selected and whether they got the job done:
1. Paraka - BC scored 2 tries in the GF;
2. Ready - BC played nearly every minute apart from one game Hanson played ;
3. Sanday - QC didn't play due to injury - just selected in Fiji RWC squad;
4. Enever - QC only play a few games due to injury - has received 3/4 S15 caps for Brumbies this year with more to come with the injury to Arnold;
5. Fattal - QC - was a young guy getting some exposure;
6. Gunn - BC - can you really question his inclusion?
7. Wilkin - BC - can you really question his inclusion?
8. Mullins - BC - selected as a #9 but played @ #9, #10, #12 & #13 - played #12 in the GF;
9. Brandon - QC - was a late call up to QC because of the loss of Mike Harris and the fact that they thought they need his experience;
10. White - BC - played every game I think.
The only one who you could debate would be Brandon but he was selected in the QC alongside Sam Greene - it is just that the QC selectors went with Brandon. Greene was later flicked over as cover to the BC squad.
TT - All those players with the exception of Brandon earnt their opportunity and credit to them. On the flip side, I don't believe Mullins should have been selected at 12 & feel the better option would have been to bring in a specialist centre. He's a consistent high achieving half but would never be considered for Super Rugby in that position so why not afford the opportunity to another player? Frisby at 5/8 scenario.
In saying this, Matt Gordon is close to the form 12 in the comp & given his age & potential, would handle the step to NRC comfortably.