• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
White has been great as has Mullins , Wilder, and Brandon
Hagen is another who has had a great Breakthrough year.

Easts success this season has come from the improvement and high performance of the no names who got them through the first round

In no particular order
AJ Campbell
Horomia
Richards
Moore
Barker
Riley
Power
Sua
Milosevic
Allen
Seven or so Colts
Krelle
Greentree
Bartley
Carroll

Plus the stalwarts who helped them adjust and thrive.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Probably already mentioned, but which club is JOC (James O'Connor) aligned to? And will we see him play any QPR this year as a result of not making the Wallabies cut? (Karmichael as well?)

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Don't know whether there are many of you but any Dragons contributors out there - who do you think will turn out for you this week?

Ben Taps?

Jake Schatz?

Liam Gill?

Greg Holmes?

Schatz - Elbow surgery out for NRC
Gunn - Shoulder surgery out for NRC
Wilkin - Shoulder surgery out for NRC
Gill - Rested for club and majority of NRC
Holmes - Wallaby commitments
Tapuai - Will leave Reds before NRC
McDuling - Will leave Reds before NRC
Hunt - Rested for club, NRC unknown
O'Connor - France ?

Bris City are depleted in the back row stocks will be tough to go back to back

Samking

Stan Wickham (3)
A number of breakthrough players
Three stand out for me
Greene for brothers
Hagen for easts
Smith for Wests
You just have to look at the try's and points these blokes score.
Not only that but what they bring to there teams
Greene 7 try's and 163 points
Hagen 11 try's
Smith 8 try's and 143 points

T

Tigers Tale

Leading points scorers

Green, Bros 168
Smith, Wests 143
Malalou, South 107
Brandon, Easts 107
Cox, Bond 95

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sorry TT haven't checked in for a while.
Curtis is out for the year with a knee recon same goes for Korczyk.
Banks will be back for nrc but not club, sef for finals hopefully
Mcduling has already left for Durban and with chib in the wallabies uni won't be getting much help from an influx of reds plays (similar to last year).

Gale and dalglish will be the starting halves this week

In other news Uni have taken out the Dougherty shield for the 6th consecutive year with 2 rounds to spare. A great effort for all involved

T

Tigers Tale

Well done to Uni on the Doughty Shield - 6 in a row is impressive - it's up to the rest of the clubs to stand up and challenge - plenty of clubs are trying.

Easts much better Doughty Shield effort this year.

Red Heavy some massive losses for Uni.

Wow Korczyk out means the entire Aust U20s back row (also Gunn, Wilkin) are out of QPR15.

Good luck to all clubs today - there will be plenty of people keeping an ear out to games that they're not at today.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Bond need bonus-point victories in each of their next two matches (GPS, Easts) to have a hope of playing finals.

They also need Sunnybank to lose without a bonus point to Easts and University - an uphill battle, with Sunnybank leading 17-11

They're leading GPS six-tries to nil before halftime

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Tigers looked flat today, failed to convert three first half opportunities, led 11-3 5 mins to halftime yet turned around down 17-11 . The game meandered as Easts lost Brandon, Mullins, Sanday, Riley, to go with White and Wilder who didn't start.
Bartley who had played well in Prem Reserve recently was terrible today as was Turner who was responsible for two first half missed opportunities and let his opposite winger in for two. Paraese tried hard Gordon was great Krelle and the Colts 9 were good and Faulkner went well.
i would have like to see Turner at 13 with Faulkner at 15 and Paraese on the wing.
Tigers scrum was dominant when allowed by some strange Refereeing. Sunnybank did enough to win with Tapuai, and McIntyre leading the way.

After Brothers loss and SOUTHS big win the Ladder should read
Easts 58
Brothers 55
UQ 54
Sunnybank 49
SOUTHS 45
With Easts to play Bond
UQ to play Sunnybank and
Brothers to play SOUTHS

swillo5

Bob McCowan (2)
Dragons impressive today. Dominated the tigers especially up front. Worrying signs foR the Tigers... 2 losses in a row with their biggest loss of the season 1 game out from finals.

Uni and Sunnybank coming good at the right end of the season with wins over brothers and tigers. Could be a repeat of last year. Next week might be a GF Preview.

T

TOCC

Fritz, I don't think the ref had much impact on the easts scrum, I thought Sunnybank scrummaged extremely well when they were down a man and had a completey dominant scrum towards the end of the game.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
We aren't going to agree TOCC , re watch the tape. Anyway it's going to come right down to the wire next weekend with five teams battling for semi spots and Bond hoping to create havoc also.
I can confirm Wilkin has signed with the Waratahs and Gunn had surgery last night and is out incl NRC.
Most of Easts injuries today looked minor and I would expect to see White and Wilder available next week, hoping Brandon, Mullins,Sanday, and Riley also.
I'm sure Turner will be keen to make the impact he should make also.
I didn't see Hagen at today's game, we could do with him back also.
If you would have offered Easts this position after Round 17 we would have jumped at it.
Nothing has been achieved until the Hospital Cup is won.
I'm sure that the Tigers will lick their wounds and return to the Winners Circle next week.
Meanwhile Souths will shake Brothers, and UQ will school Sunnybank.

T

Tigers Tale

Could be a repeat of last year. Next week might be a GF Preview.

A weeks a long time in QPR - this time last week most would have said Easts v Bros GF.

If Easts & Bros play in the major semi then it can't be a Uni v Snbk GF.

I think it will be an Easts v Bros Major Semi and Uni v Snbk in the Minor, and South will end up one win short.

Realistically Easts will have to improve on today's effort but premierships aren't won in Round 17.

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
[quote="Fritz, post:

After Brothers loss and SOUTHS big win the Ladder should read
Easts 58
Brothers 55
UQ 54
Sunnybank 49
SOUTHS 45
With Easts to play Bond
UQ to play Sunnybank and
Brothers to play SOUTHS[/quote]

No bonus point for Brothers so they remain on 54. Uni into second due to more wins.

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
Great competition this year.

With one round to play three teams (Easts, Uni or Brothers) could finish as minor premiers.

Five teams still in the running for finals. Souths will have to rely on Uni denying Sunnybank any points, then a win over Brothers should get them in.

If Sunnybank get a single point, Souths need a bonus point victory.

If Sunnybank get two points or more, Souths will miss out no matter what they do v Brothers.

What a final round - Souths at home to Brothers - Uni at home to Sunnybank and Bond at home to Easts will all impact on the makeup of the final four.

T

Tigers Tale

After Round 17

Easts 58 Rnd 18 v Bond
Uni 54 v Snbk
Bros 54 v Souths
Snbk 49 v Uni
South 45 v Bros

It is going to be interesting next week.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Norths Only win against Souths could come back to haunt the magpies if results don't go there way next weekend.

On another point when are NRC squads announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.