• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Norths were a huge step up today after their dissapointing effort against Brothers last week. They simply bashed Bond out of the game, scrum was good, lineout was good, defence was outstanding esp 6. Bond to be honest were average, maybe they thought like Sports Bet that they were a sure thing, paying $1.02. Final score was about 35-21 with Bond scoring late. The 12, the whole front row, no 6 and no 9 all had outstanding games for Norths. Bond average across the board and would be very dissapointed with their effort.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
We will get a good indication of Wests 2016 chances with this matchup with the Tigers who on last week's effort are bound for mid table at best.
Very perceptive prediction there Bulldog.
Smith is a class player.
Easts will struggle this year, they seem to lack cohesion.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Uni were in front 19-3 at half time. Bros then fought back with two late tries.
The Students are very tough to beat at home. But Brothers did win premier colts.

Congratulations to your boys, SX & Bulldog.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very perceptive prediction there Bulldog.
Smith is a class player.
Easts will struggle this year, they seem to lack cohesion.

Yes Pauly on yesterday's effort the Tigers are in for a tough year but looking at their backline I think Hagan was the only one who played Prems in 2015, and their forwards looked down on 2015 also. Where was Brandon, White, Gordon?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just on the Reds for one minute - why did they take Ready off with 2 minutes to play? Mafi's lineout throwing is not renowned and he stuffs that throw and invites the Blues down town. Why the Reds let Hanson go is beyond me - Chibba Hanson will be in the Wallaby 23 by year end.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just on the Reds for one minute - why did they take Ready off with 2 minutes to play? Mafi's lineout throwing is not renowned and he stuffs that throw and invites the Blues down town. Why the Reds let Hanson go is beyond me - Chibba Hanson will be in the Wallaby 23 by year end.

there's a whole match thread on the game. Take the discussion there.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Watched the students play the Filth on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Haven't watched a Premeir grade game for a while and it was great to be so close to the action. Some good young talent for the students but they seemed to come in and out of the match, Uni backrow was very good when it was required.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What's the rule re throwing punches in Premier grade? I thought it was meant to be an automatic red card but the Wests#16 on Saturday was only (thankfully) given a yellow.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg the gist of my comment was more around Mafi - a Bros premier grade player - not being up to Super Rugby at this stage of his development.

well it seemed like a comment on the REDS game and a decision made by the REDS coaches on a REDS player.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
What's the rule re throwing punches in Premier grade? I thought it was meant to be an automatic red card but the Wests#16 on Saturday was only (thankfully) given a yellow.

Premier grade is the only grade where punching and stomping are not automatic red cards. It's up to the officials discretion as to the severity of punishment.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Easts will have Matt Gordon back in a few weeks. That should strengthen the backline. But the Tigs will miss Mullins, Brandon & Ready. Mind you Mack Mason will be a handy addition in the latter part of the season.

Are Easts capable of making the finals?
Tigers Tale told us ad nauseam about how Easts are perennial underdogs and should never be written off. Even though TT was clueless 90% of the time, especially about Brothers, there certainly is some merit in the above statement.

Bulldog - how'd your scrum go on the weekend? There was a lot of contention about who won the scrum battle last year between the respective clubs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was waiting to hear when the announcement made, I agree 2 years is not much time, but all in all how much time do we need?? I think it good actually gives next year to do serious recruiting , too long I doubt we would hold players!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not strictly QPR but what's happening with Viva7s (school girls) I thought it was suppose to kick off in term 2 but I haven't seen nor heard anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.