• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Got to give it to Shawy (& The Pole) they are some of the best supporters of club rugby in this state.

Clearly not the result that Bros (& Uni) were looking for but it looks like it was a great day at Crosby - a shame that a few more of the Brothers army didn't turn up. It's tremendous that these ACC games are now played at suburban grounds on a rotational basis between the states. I think pre-season is the right spot in the rugby calendar.

Can't wait for the day when we'll host one at Sylvan Road.

Any feedback from the other trials on the weekend?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
If they did return these games to the big stadiums then it should be a curtain raiser to Reds v Waratahs.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I couldn't get to Yeronga on Saturday but I'm hopeful of getting to this weeks trial at Easts.

I would be very interested in a report of the Yeronga trial especially how Maranta shaped up.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Great day at Crosby last Saturday. Congratulations to Norths who played in a manner worthy of a grand final style of play and won comfortably.

That said brothers played well and it was a great hit out for them. Still think, based on the performance, they will be in the top three. Couple of guys to come back during the year.

Again a great day out with some really good rugby on show. Can't wait to get to Wests bulldog for the u20's game; should be a great day there to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I couldn't get to Yeronga on Saturday but I'm hopeful of getting to this weeks trial at Easts.

I would be very interested in a report of the Yeronga trial especially how Maranta shaped up.

Hey Dog

It was a typical trial on the weekend much like the Reds on Friday evening. there was a fair bit of dropped ball form both sides and a lack of continuity. For the record Wests won but I would not take too much out of the result as both teams effectively ran out a team for each half.

Maranta did not see a lot of ball from what I saw and did not stand out.
I would think he will be heavily marked this season as many other prem outside backs will feel aggrieved that he got a contract over them. Hopefully both teams will have successful seasons.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey Dog

It was a typical trial on the weekend much like the Reds on Friday evening. there was a fair bit of dropped ball form both sides and a lack of continuity. For the record Wests won but I would not take too much out of the result as both teams effectively ran out a team for each half.

Maranta did not see a lot of ball from what I saw and did not stand out.
I would think he will be heavily marked this season as many other prem outside backs will feel aggrieved that he got a contract over them. Hopefully both teams will have successful seasons.

Agreed was a pretty sloppy game - looked like Souths had rested a few quality backs and mix and matched the rest to form 2 teams.

Interesting to see what each team roles out this weekend

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
For Maranta's sake I hope that the Bulldogs can fire because otherwise his challenges may well be his own (Wests) outside backs rather than his opponents.

Don't get me wrong I am thrilled to have him in the Green & Gold I am just amazed that he chose the Bulldogs - credit must go to Michael Broad in this regard.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
For Maranta's sake I hope that the Bulldogs can fire because otherwise his challenges may well be his own (Wests) outside backs rather than his opponents.

Don't get me wrong I am thrilled to have him in the Green & Gold I am just amazed that he chose the Bulldogs - credit must go to Michael Broad in this regard.

MB has done a fine job and apparently has presented well at some schools to give you your best colts team in years.

It was hard to get any real feel for the prem boys as it was pre season. I understand for your boys it was the second pre season game so they looked a bit more organised. I would think that based on your new club house and the disruptions that would have caused for the last couple of years next year will be your year for real progress.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Any word on the big guns (reds) turning out for match fitness in this weekends qdpremierrugby trials?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Didn't managed to see all of the trial today - left early, but did hear Gps won by roughly two tries in Prems. Matheson has that side well drilled, and they should be contenders for the top four. Unfortunately, the line-out is Brothers weak link at the moment, just far too many mistakes which gives the ball back to the opposition. By trial form, Brothers are probably going to get 4th spot or thereabouts; most likely not top two, but should hopefully knock off the teams on their day.

Status
Not open for further replies.