• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Didn't managed to see all of the trial today - left early, but did hear Gps won by roughly two tries in Prems. Matheson has that side well drilled, and they should be contenders for the top four. Unfortunately, the line-out is Brothers weak link at the moment, just far too many mistakes which gives the ball back to the opposition. By trial form, Brothers are probably going to get 4th spot or thereabouts; most likely not top two, but should hopefully knock off the teams on their day.

Exactly right, filth, that trial form. Think we need a few weeks into the season proper before we start writing epitaphs for the butchers stripes. Com'on brother get them goggles on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Filth it's been a long while since we've seen a club go back to back. I don't know whether this year is going to be a season where there are going to be any out and out front runners - I think it is going to be competitive across the board. I wouldn't write your boys off just yet.

Why? Uni have a new breed coming through, post Seib Sunnybank are still a WIP, South a bit of an unknown but never written off, Easts rebuilding, GPS to have greater mental strength under Matho, Norths???, Bond might struggle

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not writing Brothers off at all! You can still win the comp by finishing 3rd or 4th (Souths 2015, SB 2011). UQ showed last year why finishing miles in front of the competition can sometimes be an omen - you're bound to lose eventually. Maybe a few early losses isn't such a bad thing.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Looking forward to seeing what the QPR has to offer. Spent the last 3 years watching the Perth comp and have been told that the QPR is a step up. Gonna be doing some stuff with Bond this season but will be keeping a close eye on GPS. They brought 4 players who have played for the Spirit NRC side either this season or the last so keen to see how they go.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Who are they Shaker? Lacey? Who else?

Laione Mulikihaamea
AJ Alatimu
Hadleigh May

and from season before
Maalonga Konelio (Made Aussie Barbarians but tore ACL during Force pre season)

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Laione Mulikihaamea
AJ Alatimu
Eric Vasukicacau

and from season before
Maalonga Konelio (Made Aussie Barbarians but tore ACL during Force pre season)

Thought it was Hadeigh, but it was actually Eric. I worked closely with Laione and Maalonga last year, Laione started for the Spirit through most of the NRC and Maalonga is a centre that was part of the Force Wider Training squad before he did his ACL. Looking forward to seeing them take the next step. Eric is a quick winger whos surprisingly big and AJ is a 10.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They are all at gps? Wow. I was really impressed with all of them. I was surprised we didn't see more of Konelio in Super Rugby last year after his 'breakout' 2015.

Laione is the big loosehead isn't he? If so he was excellent for the Spirit.

Eric is fine and I know AJ is rated over there. They'll be very good QPR players.

Shame Hadleigh wasn't coming over too. He's the openside isn't he? He really is a talent.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
They are all at gps? Wow. I was really impressed with all of them. I was surprised we didn't see more of Konelio in Super Rugby last year after his 'breakout' 2015.

Laione is the big loosehead isn't he? If so he was excellent for the Spirit.

Eric is fine and I know AJ is rated over there. They'll be very good QPR players.

Shame Hadleigh wasn't coming over too. He's the openside isn't he? He really is a talent.

All standouts in the local comp, all needed a step up. Laione was very close to a Force contract. I heard Hadleigh had agreed to come over so i dont know what happened there, but he was at the same club as Eric.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
How are GPS, Uni & Sunnybank looking for 2017?

How are the Saints shaping up? What are their expectations for 2017? I would think they will be targeting no less than a Prem-Res top four spot for 2017!!

I thought the Dogs competed well with Easts for about 60 minutes last Saturday - so that is encouraging. Maranta was solid in what he did but didn't really get an opportunity to display any attacking prowess.

QPR 2017 Round 1 not far away now:

18 Mar 17 3:20PM
Easts v Brothers
Easts RFC - CP Bottomley Park

18 Mar 17
GPS v Bye

Norths v Bond University
Norths RFC - Hugh Courtney Oval

Souths v Sunnybank
Souths RFC – Chipsy Wood

18 Mar 17 5:15PM
Wests v University of Queensland
Wests RFC – Scifleet Stadium .

ShawRoadWizard

Frank Row (1)
Logan Premier Reserve played against Norths Premier Reserve only last weekend and won 38-10

Hi new time poster, hopefully sticking around. I'm pretty sure I saw on the Norths Facebook that Prem Reserve were at some camp. So I believe that Logan played the Norths 1st Grade team. I'm just looking to confirm.
Thanks,
SRW

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Surely if Logan don't play Prem Reserves this year then their elevation to Prem Grade in 2018 will be in doubt.

The Saints have been talking up their entry into QPR but maybe 2018 is in fact too soon.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
IMG_0672.JPG

They still have Premier Reserve listed as their team.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Surely if Logan don't play Prem Reserves this year then their elevation to Prem Grade in 2018 will be in doubt.

The Saints have been talking up their entry into QPR but maybe 2018 is in fact too soon.

Might have had my facts mixed up - they are definitely out of Prem Colts and still in Prem Reserves according to the new draw released last night

Status
Not open for further replies.