• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Bond beat Wests 26-22. Only watched about 60mins and it was a decent game. Definitely looked like a preseason game though. Bond had some great defensive stands though.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A bit of a net loss below for Brothers. However, it does give a great opportunity for young up-and-comers to make their mark this season. Let's just hope injuries don't curse the Brethren.

Ins: Garreth Ryan (Norths)

Outs: Pierce Fitzgerald (retired), Dave Findlay-Henaway (Sunnybank), Nico Bueta (Souths), Richie Skelton (Japan), Stefano Hunt (Romania), Matt Mafi (Panasonic), Sam Greene (Toyota), Sam Grasso (Coventry), Sam Hyne (retired), Terrin Walls (retired), Lukhan Tui (Souths).

Souths should have an enormous forward pack this year, esp with Vanzati, Timu & Tui.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Filth your boys would have to start as short priced favourite to knock off the Tigers this week?

I don't know what to expect from the Bulldogs this week against an always strong Uni but Uni's one loss last year came in the early rounds so you just never know - hopefully the Bulldogs will get a lift playing at the brand new Scifleet Stadium.

Norths will benefit from playing Bond at home in a tight one.

Souths v Sunnybank will be a cracker with both clubs looking strong in 2017 - this might well be a preview of the 2017 GF (I know too soon) but again playing at home might be the edge that decides this one.

My tips for round 1: Bros, Wests, Norths, Souths

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wonder how the wet weather will effect the grounds over the weekend?

we could be in for a some cancellations if it rains on Friday into Saturday!

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Here we go again. Happy days. As a passionate Brothers supporter I look forward to a great club year. But also as someone that enjoys club rugby I wish much success specifically to Wests Rugby this year, on and off the field. Very much looking forward to the new Sylvan Rd hospitality when we visit. From what I can see a lot of effort has gone into what looks like a great development for Brisbane club rugby. All visiting players and supporters, arrive early, stay late and make sure the new Kennel is a success.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Might have had my facts mixed up - they are definitely out of Prem Colts and still in Prem Reserves according to the new draw released last night

Yep Logan definitley still in Prem reserves, we due to play Jeeps tomorrow, at Jeeps. I am a long time Logan man, so will be most interested to see how we go this year, got the usual early season problems, but will be interesting!
I personally pretty pleased who we ended up with as Coach, young Chris Staunton who played for the club since he about 5-6 and after retiring did a couple of years coaching in Wests grade teams, and has come home. Just seems the right fit for me as we start this journey to Prems that we got a local boy holding the reins!! I may bore you now and then with a report from the club.

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any news on the sides for tomorrows games? It does not look like the QRU will be releasing the QPR Weekly this season.

Samking

Stan Wickham (3)
Would say there will be zero premiere grade rugby played tomorrow !! Will want to keep the fields in good knick.

Status
Not open for further replies.