• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
How far away are we from getting a prem grade game back on free to air each week? The coverage on Channel 7 in Sydney is pretty decent. Anyone know if that is a NSW Rugby or ARU initiative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

How far away are we from getting a prem grade game back on free to air each week? The coverage on Channel 7 in Sydney is pretty decent. Anyone know if that is a NSW Rugby or ARU initiative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRU initiative, seperate from NSWRU and ARU.. SRU negotiated it, ARU bankrolled it for 2 years after some financial issues but it's now completely run by SRU and funded through sponsorship. Its a great initiative but was a bit of a financial liability, I doubt the QRU would want to assume the risk.. the YouTube feeds and Facebook streams are a handy alternative, just lacking penetration

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Is the NRC even on free to air tv? I know abc use to carry games. Unsure now?

I know fox carries the NRC twice a week & app games available on the website.

Gotta say I'd love Brisbane premier rugby on tv but surely the NRC would be priority to get on the telly.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I appreciate that this is club 7s but I hear that both Easts & Brothers have 7s tournaments set down for the same day in late September - that seems crazy to me -?come on lads sort that one out between yourselves - surely it is in neither clubs best interest to host them both on the same day.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
I appreciate that this is club 7s but I hear that both Easts & Brothers have 7s tournaments set down for the same day in late September - that seems crazy to me -?come on lads sort that one out between yourselves - surely it is in neither clubs best interest to host them both on the same day.
Similar to Wests/Tribe organising their inaugural Brisbane 7s the same day as the Traditional Fiji Day 7s at Norths.......???

Always been the weekend closest to Fijian Independence Day (October 10th)

Sort it out Wests and Bulldog....

In saying that, Byron and Noosa are the same weekend as well!!! Chaos!

So 6 tournaments over 3 weekends. DUH!

Imagine having a 6 week 7s circuit through September & October?

Great for the game! Lads playing until October, have November off, hit the preseason mid Dec and away we go again!

As I young fella, I would have loved this!!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Is the NRC even on free to air tv? I know abc use to carry games. Unsure now?

I know fox carries the NRC twice a week & app games available on the website.

Gotta say I'd love Brisbane premier rugby on tv but surely the NRC would be priority to get on the telly.
I suppose in this day and age, you can almost class streaming live games as free to air?

With having 2 x QPR games live streamed, does that make us slightly ahead of Shute?

Probably not at this stage, bit to be honest, I reckon Sauce, Jaybor and the team have really stepped up this year on the media side of things. I've really enjoyed their content this season and it will only get better.

Maybe some Pregame interviews with coaches that could be played before the live stream kick off them some live stream interviews with the captains post game and all the bases are covered?

I'm not technologically minded, but can you live stream off 2-3 cameras or just the 1?

Maybe a couple more views at the games would be good too?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Each event has to be sanctioned by the QRU/ARU it's just that both tournaments have been sanctioned for the same day - surely a bit of coordination to run over 6 weeks would be best for all concerned.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Each event has to be sanctioned by the QRU/ARU it's just that both tournaments have been sanctioned for the same day - surely a bit of coordination to run over 6 weeks would be best for all concerned.
Yep, agree

So if you could change yours, that'd be great

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yep, agree

So if you could change yours, that'd be great

lmao how about we just merged?

To be fair on the double bookings. that Noosa/Byron Bay is a horrible double booking. those 2 events are very prestigious 7's festival and a Byron Bay one weekend then Noosa the weekend next.

I believe the Brothers 7's festival use to fall on the same day as the Fiji Norths festival.

It's just a disservice to all football fans that we don't get to see all the talent under the one umbrella.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
lmao how about we just merged?

To be fair on the double bookings. that Noosa/Byron Bay is a horrible double booking. those 2 events are very prestigious 7's festival and a Byron Bay one weekend then Noosa the weekend next.

I believe the Brothers 7's festival use to fall on the same day as the Fiji Norths festival.

It's just a disservice to all football fans that we don't get to see all the talent under the one umbrella.
Last year was the first year that Brothers and Fiji Day clashed.

With Labour weekend the first weekend in October, not many clubs are keen to organise something that weekend.

I reckon 3 tournaments before labour weekend, then 3 after, would be a good trot.

I should get into event planning haha

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Will he qualify for finals? I thought players had to play six rounds to qualify for finals if they weren't returning from higher honours.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Will he qualify for finals? I thought players had to play six rounds to qualify for finals if they weren't returning from higher honours.

The Competition Rules are fairly specific about eligibility, and if a player is not an ARU/QRU contracted player, or played six matches (in the case of Premier grade) then he is not eligible. The management committee is limited to only consider injuries or forfeits when looking at dispensation, so unless he falls within the specifications set out in the rules, his eligibility would be highly questionable. See competition rules at http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Portals...cuments/2017-QRU-Premier-CompetitionRules.pdf

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
I really can't see it going through to be honest. Back in 2013 we tried to get dispensation for Bryce Hegarty to play finals and was told no, even though he had played a number of games for us in the regular season. The QRU have been pretty black and white on this in the past and considering Chisholm has been here for a number of months now since his return from OS it would be hard to get it pushed through. But stranger things have happened.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Some interesting line ups in Premier Rugby this weekend. James Tuttle at 10, didn't realise he could play there but from the write up in that Prem Rugby magazine it looks like he is pretty experienced there. Good for GPS to get him and Chris Kuridrani back from the Reds, and I notice that Duncan P is playing for Norths. Not too many other Reds seem to be in the team lineups - perhaps because they are ineligible for the finals as legaleagle said above?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All the Reds are finals eligible. Wallaby and Reds duty is a justifiable reason not to be playing Premier. I would have thought quite a few would be playing this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd like to light the fuse on the finals series and say that despite GPS win over Uni I am more concerned with Uni & Snbk going into the finals.

Why because I believe that GPS are a bit like the Qld Sheffield Shield team before they won their first title. Wonderful supportive fans but always falling at the last hurdle.

We can feel the expectations building at Ashgrove all the way over in Toowong!!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wests will just keep doing their low flight directory in the finals - keep flying under the radar Doggies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.