• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Brothers 4 from 5 today. Good result. Their Colts depth seems to be impressive

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

GPS beat UQ, big win there... It was pretty close up until the 60th min and UQ looked like they were about to take then lead when Kuridrani stole a turnover and set-up a 100m try.

underthesticks

Bob McCowan (2)
A fair bit of dropped pill in the GPS v Uni game. Dalgliesh had a game he'd rather forget I imagine. Konelio was huge, thought Waita Setu had a very busy game too. Can't wait for a potential rematch in 2 weeks! Also, has Nic Berry refereed international games? Yikes.

LIKEATIGER

Stan Wickham (3)
Nic Berry is the gold standard at present. he refereed the GPS / Uni game very well today. I love how he doesn't react to crowd ooos and aaahs and let's the tough stuff happen without going for the whistle at the first bit of tough contact. Definitely No 1 qld ref at present

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I'll let someone else opine on this Wests vs Sunnybank match. No need to rehash recent scars of a match that slipped away. Well done Sunnybank. Best of luck next week.

To the Bulldogs what an amazing year. Everything clicked. It's been a massive 2017 for everyone down at the Kennelseum. This rugby program will only grow on strength to strength.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Nic Berry is the gold standard at present. he refereed the GPS / Uni game very well today. I love how he doesn't react to crowd ooos and aaahs and let's the tough stuff happen without going for the whistle at the first bit of tough contact. Definitely No 1 qld ref at present

Yep Nic Berry is one of the best young referees in world rugby

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just gutted. But as SX said what a ride 2017 was for a Bulldog fan!! Fantastic effort and they played so well for so much of yesterday's game but that's footy I suppose.

We just have to hope that the Prem Colts can rally and get another shot against Bros in the GF but having had a few boys return to NZ recently it's going to be hard.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What a game the Premier Reserves Major Semi must have been yesterday.

Sunnybank lead 31-0 at half time, then GPS hit the front 42-38 before Sunnybank scored late for a 45-42 thrilling victory.

Reserve grade finals keep throwing up classics.

Could Filth or someone from Brothers confirm my recollection is that a couple of years ago Brothers played in two extra time games (PF & GF I think).

It is really heartening to see the finals series across the grades at Ballymore - there is a lot not so great about the game in Australia at present but to see some of the skill, passion and desire displayed across all levels on Saturday & Sunday at Ballymore was great for an old rugby tragic like myself.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Just gutted. But as SX said what a ride 2017 was for a Bulldog fan!! Fantastic effort and they played so well for so much of yesterday's game but that's footy I suppose.

We just have to hope that the Prem Colts can rally and get another shot against Bros in the GF but having had a few boys return to NZ recently it's going to be hard.
Congrats on an awesome season at the Kennel! Whatever has created the turn around, stick with it!!

What's the story with the lads heading back to NZ?? Shouldn't they stick around for the finals? Why play a whole season then disappear when needed the most?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'll let someone else opine on this Wests vs Sunnybank match. No need to rehash recent scars of a match that slipped away. Well done Sunnybank. Best of luck next week.

To the Bulldogs what an amazing year. Everything clicked. It's been a massive 2017 for everyone down at the Kennelseum. This rugby program will only grow on strength to strength.

There was a stark contrast between the quality of the two matches. Uni will do a number on Sunnybank this weekend in the prelim.

Good to see Jerry Lynch get a NRC gig. Hopefully he gets more than the 10 odd minutes he got last year.

1jedparker

Frank Row (1)
There was a stark contrast between the quality of the two matches. Uni will do a number on Sunnybank this weekend in the prelim.

Good to see Jerry Lynch get a NRC gig. Hopefully he gets more than the 10 odd minutes he got last year.

The two matches were very different. Wests played the house down. It's close to their best game of the year. Their defence snuffed out sunnybanks running game and their kicking kept sunnybank pinned in their own half. Dragons had 37% territory.

The dragons played terribly. They lacked intensity in the first half and looked disorganised. Laloifi and fittock saw very little ball. Yet they still won. For mine that is a positive sign. I think they will build on that win. They finally played an 80 minute game. The confidence from that will set them free against uni. I'm tipping a dragons win.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)

Not so sure Uni will do a number on the Bank if the Bank forwards belt the young students. The students don't seem to want to know about it if the opposition are brutal in defence. My advice would be to "bash" Uni (legally of course) and slow down the ball to the Uni backs......not that I know anything

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gee it is quiet I understand that GB, Filth, SX & I have gone to ground with our seasons over but I am surprised that we haven't had more chirp from Yoku Rd.

Can the Gallopers break their 21 year drought?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Who was In the 1996 GPS side? Can anyone name the side I think the nucleus of the side was:

McLean, Matt Cockbain, Muppet Murray, Dan Herbert, Ben Tune?

And I think Pete Murray was on the bench.

Coach was Tony D'Arcy.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Scott McLean at prop with Jason Reilly and I think Chrsitaan Knapp at hooker. Trent Forno was lock with Brent Cockbain. Was Andrew Coombe on the flank with Muppet?

Roger Leeson wouldve been fullback with Tunie at wing and Herbie at 13. Was Ryan Constable there?

BRendan Dwyer at 9. Was it Ryan Craig at 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.