• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Will watch your predictions with interest, but will add one. Logan will not play in Prem reserves this year, doubt they will have the players, will have lost even more over failure to make Prems. I also suspect Logan's colts will go alright in Prem colts or wherever they play.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Tony Hunt and Nick Jooste linked to Norths this year. Any other interesting news around the competition? Tony Hunt is a good pick up for the eagles. Strong, young prospect.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I have no idea about his immediate playing future but Brett Gillespie had a instagram post last week talking about his retirement from Japanese Rugby.

Would be a handy addition back at the Kennel if he decides to wet his beak back into Brisbane Premier Rugby landscape.

T

TOCC

What does he do? I thought Adrain Thompson was full time.

Adrian Thompson’s workload at RA increased, he was unable to act as Head Coach and will instead fill an assistant coach role alongside Rob Seib and Ray Thomas.

Former Bond Uni prop, Grant Anderson will be head coach in 2018.

Thy have also picked up Joey Fittock, Pierce Fitzgerald and Jordan Lenac in the offseason.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Thoughts on Quade Cooper playing premier rugby this season? Do you all think he'll consistently line up for Souths or will it be a case of sporadic appearances here and there until he can get overseas or maybe another Super Rugby gig?

Interesting to hear Thorn's thoughts on the QC (Quade Cooper) situation today.
Anyone at Souths shed any light on him?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Thoughts on Quade Cooper playing premier rugby this season? Do you all think he'll consistently line up for Souths or will it be a case of sporadic appearances here and there until he can get overseas or maybe another Super Rugby gig?

Interesting to hear Thorn's thoughts on the QC (Quade Cooper) situation today.
Anyone at Souths shed any light on him?

I hear he has been at training and the word is he will play in club rugby this year unless as the ARU and QRU will have to honour his contract unless he gets a bigger offer overseas.

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
Tony Hunt and Nick Jooste linked to Norths this year. Any other interesting news around the competition? Tony Hunt is a good pick up for the eagles. Strong, young prospect.

2017 Aussie Schoolboy Jordan Petaia also linked at norths

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gee Bond have really close ties with ARU coaching structure e.g. Rod Kafer, Adrian Thompson, etc

They may become disliked as a result.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
See that Reds have continued the trend of briniging guys back to the Reds in signing Aidan Toua will be interesting to see how they use him or whether he spends time in QPR.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
See that Reds have continued the trend of bring guys back to the Reds in signing Aidan Toua will be interesting to see how they use him or whether he spends time in QPR.

Aidan Toua preferred position (15) is the biggest unknown for the upcoming REDS 2018 campaign. i mean there's a wealth of options there Perese, Daugunu, Lucas, Toua, Maranta, Lance. I like Aidan chances of seizing the position in the starting 15. he is probably the most experienced on that list. However if a guy like Karmichael Hunt is allowed to return to the REDS then Aidan Toua could see himself on the outside looking back into the match day 22. I can see coach Thorn choosing to carry a Ben Lucas or Jono Lance as a 10/15 versatile utility back. We should get a better idea this Thursday when the REDS play Fiji in the trial at Ballymore. Couldn't really come to any conclusions of what the starting XV is going to be from last weekend inter-trial and this weekend global 10's.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting the old guard in QPR potentially the following will all run out against Quade(Souths):
Lucas(Snbk);
Lance(Uni); &
Toua(Easts).

Wouldn't be surprised though if Lance pops up at Bond.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Interesting the old guard in QPR potentially the following will all run out against Quade(Souths):
Lucas(Snbk);
Lance(Uni); &
Toua(Easts).

Wouldn't be surprised though if Lance pops up at Bond.

Lance is a huge Red Heavies man. Was doing extras on UQ's main oval the other day. Doubt he would ever leave.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Lance is a huge Red Heavies man. Was doing extras on UQ's main oval the other day. Doubt he would ever leave.

Agree 100%, while I would like to see him return to the GC, I'm sure he is entrenched in the University culture and won't leave to come back

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lance would look good in a Wests jersey. Would he have played for the Reds when Phil Mooney was coach? I think he may have been after Phil.

I tend to agree with Lance @ Uni - I can't see Lucas, Toua or Lance playing for anyone other than their former clubs.

Interesting to see how much time each spend in Super or QPR.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Lance would look good in a Wests jersey. Would he have played for the Reds when Phil Mooney was coach? I think he may have been after Phil.

I tend to agree with Lance @ Uni - I can't see Lucas, Toua or Lance playing for anyone other than their former clubs.

Interesting to see how much time each spend in Super or QPR.

You can kill that Lance pipe dream in a Bond or Wests jersey goodbye bulldog. Todays team lists for the Reds trials are out and UQ is next to his name. Interesting to see Toua named as starting fullback.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I don’t get the reds logic for a Thursday night trial game? Anyone who is a rugby fan would be at club rugby training and most school kids won’t be able to attend it being a “school night”. This mixed with the ridiculous price of $22 ($17 Online) is just perplexing. The reds should be opening the doors after last seasons horror run. Not a way to get fans excited for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.