• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Brothers Gain: Tom Da Forno(Norths), Alex Gibbon(Norths/Southern Districts), Paul Ah Him(Wests), Faa’tausili Lafaitele(Easts)

Not sure if there’s more or not

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Didn't Brothers pick up Jack Tuttle aswell after his year off?

imageResize.ashx

(http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...0-to-expand-its-program-across-Australia.aspx)

T

TOCC

Bond Univserity picked up a few:

Pierce Fitzgerald (Brothers, QLD Country)
Dan Boardman(Randwick, NSW U20s)
Joey Fittock (Sunnybank, QLD U20s)
Jordan Lenac (UQ, QLD U20s)
Ryan Menzies(Sunnybank)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
JJ Taulugi recently played for UQ in a 7's tournament out at Roma which i'd seen on instagram.

Anybody know if he is returning to QPR?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
JJ Taulugi recently played for UQ in a 7's tournament out at Roma which i'd seen on instagram.

Anybody know if he is returning to QPR?

Nevermind, I read the couriermail this morning regards player transactions for the super rugby teams & it appears he is off to play rugby in England

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Have heard GPS has lost a fair whack of their Premier squad from last year

They'll be fine.

Their 2017 reserve grade team was very good. Im sure there is a guy ready to take the place of the premier player who has left.

any idea on the names of the GPS Exodus The Big Dog?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
From what I've heard it's at least Frisby, Kurindrani, Alatimu, Laoine, Setu and a few others who I can't remember off the top of my head, haven't seen this personally just heard.

I notice JP Smith is in the Reds squad so I hope he'll be returning to GPS.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
From what I've heard it's at least Frisby, Kurindrani, Alatimu, Laoine, Setu and a few others who I can't remember off the top of my head, haven't seen this personally just heard.

I notice JP Smith is in the Reds squad so I hope he'll be returning to GPS.

In the two team naming press releases JP Smith has GPS listed as his premier rugby club.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hearing some more recruits:

Norths: Former Aus Schoolboys captain and Aus 7s player Jordan Tuapou

Souths: Former Bulldogs and Rabbitohs NRL player Tautalatasi Tasi

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Trials this weekend

Who plays who I know
Norths V Easts
Souths V Wests

Any predictions out there

We really going to be seeing Quade Cooper turn out for the Magpies against the doggies?

Any idea which ground the game will be at?

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
We really going to be seeing Quade Cooper turn out for the Magpies against the doggies?

Any idea which ground the game will be at?

Will be interesting to see if he does suit up.

Game is at Souths. All grades playing, with premier grade to kick off at 5pm.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Don’t see why Quade wouldn’t be part of the game.

Only reason for him being a healthy scratch is if something happens to Lance/Stewart on the Friday night game & Thorn asks Quade to attend Reds training next week.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd be surprised if Quade runs around tomorrow - you just wouldn't risk him running out in a trial match like this.

I wouldn't roll him out until a week or two before season proper.

He's never had any problems with his conditioning and he has more talent in his toe nail than the average human being.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd be surprised if Quade runs around tomorrow - you just wouldn't risk him running out in a trial match like this.

He's never had any problems with his conditioning and he has more talent in his toe nail than the average human being.

I think you are mistakening Quade the Red with Quade the magpie.

There’s absolutely no reason to hold him out IMO when he has been deemed by the QRU/ARU to not be a professional footy player anymore.

——-

Wonder if we get any other reds players this weekend in clubland? Game is on Friday night. I could see the squad members who don’t play turn out for their local club on Saturday.

T

TOCC

Conversely i thought Quade would be biting at the chance to get out and play some rugby, and display some good form given the way he has been treated the past few months. He is now a man with a point to prove, I tend to think he would love nothing more then to get out there and carve up the opposition as a chance to say F#$ you to those who have dropped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.