• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
Still last but that’s miles ahead of Logan - FYI I am a Uni boy myself but always support an underdog.

The fans of the Eagles thank you, kind white knight! so noble of ‘Uni Boy’ to take on their cause.

(FYI i don’t believe you’re actually a uni boy).

I hope your Eagles enjoy the basement again this week while they drink winners piss!

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
According to the table on the Reds site Norths are 2nd from bottom now. Good on them, we need a competitive premier competition.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
The fans of the Eagles thank you, kind white knight! so noble of ‘Uni Boy’ to take on their cause.

(FYI i don’t believe you’re actually a uni boy).

I hope your Eagles enjoy the basement again this week while they drink winners piss!

I’m sure they will mate they do a lot better job of promoting the game than your beloved Logan although it’s pretty easy to see you really are Fogarty aligned.

Per my profile page which has bannered Uni for almost 6 years and you’ve been a member for 6 weeks under this profile which coincides with the new season since Fogarty’s departure when you first commented Norths will surprise no one- well they did today. Almost every post of yours knocking Norths - something cuts deep there mate. Anyway, good luck with the counselling, you’ll get through okay mate I wish you well.

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
I’m sure they will mate they do a lot better job of promoting the game than your beloved Logan although it’s pretty easy to see you really are Fogarty aligned.

Per my profile page which has bannered Uni for almost 6 years and you’ve been a member for 6 weeks under this profile which coincides with the new season since Fogarty’s departure when you first commented Norths will surprise no one- well they did today. Almost every post of yours knocking Norths - something cuts deep there mate. Anyway, good luck with the counselling, you’ll get through okay mate I wish you well.

My comment about your alignment cut a bit deeper I think. there there mr white knight, i meant no harm.

While I agree with LearningCurve that a competitive comp is a good thing -all my comments are supported by information in an earlier post about past competition standings that show Norths have not been competitive for a long long time.

Anyway, good win to your team. Sorry not your team. your other team or is it the team you feel sorry for?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Duncan was good today .

Good to see a few Reds having a run in clubland, was scratching my head as to why Jock Campbell and Harry Hockings didn’t have a run for the students. Not exactly overused in SA ?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Match of the round, Bulldogs vs Jeeps was a great game to watch, I have no affiliation with either team despite playing against them years ago and really enjoyed the passion and skills on show. Commentating has also improved over the years, would be great to get these games live on FTA.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Match of the round, Bulldogs vs Jeeps was a great game to watch, I have no affiliation with either team despite playing against them years ago and really enjoyed the passion and skills on show. Commentating has also improved over the years, would be great to get these games live on FTA.

It was indeed a great game to watch. It seems to me that the GPS forwards are extremely fit and tough. Barring the Easts game in the wet, their second halfs have been very good. A few problems in the mid-field with lateral mobility in defence and missed tackles which has hurt them but the forwards have been outstanding

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Their strength certainly lays within the forward pack at GPS, their backs are just their to make sure the forward pack gets good field position.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Easts vs Souths was a good game to watch too. Souths looked good. Glad to hear that the other games were of a high standard too. Looking like a really competitive 2019.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Easts vs Souths was a good game to watch too. Souths looked good. Glad to hear that the other games were of a high standard too. Looking like a really competitive 2019.

Souths scrum and lineout were smashed. Their main point of difference yesterday was brilliant counter attack.
They looked to be a few bodies down in the forwards. Depth could be an issue there.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Souths scrum and lineout were smashed. Their main point of difference yesterday was brilliant counter attack.
They looked to be a few bodies down in the forwards. Depth could be an issue there.

Yes Souths scrum in particular was smashed but ball in hand they looked really good and defence was strong. Some of those Souths outside backs looked dangerous.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
I think what has been missing in the discussions about North’s v Uni is what has happened to the Uni program? They must have been poor against West’s letting in 71 points, let North’s run 5 tries in against them and against Souths even though they won Souths scored 40 plus. Their outside defence against North’s was terrible and North’s bombed at least another 3 tries in the first half. Depth at Uni is nowhere near what it used to be. Any thoughts? BTW I think this is good for the comp not to have such a dominant club although Brothers look like they may have taken over this mantle.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Fair to say with 5 to go Easts had the chance to take the penalty 35 out just to the right. Not sure why they didn’t take the points. May be costly in the later rounds.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I think what has been missing in the discussions about North’s v Uni is what has happened to the Uni program? They must have been poor against West’s letting in 71 points, let North’s run 5 tries in against them and against Souths even though they won Souths scored 40 plus. Their outside defence against North’s was terrible and North’s bombed at least another 3 tries in the first half. Depth at Uni is nowhere near what it used to be. Any thoughts? BTW I think this is good for the comp not to have such a dominant club although Brothers look like they may have taken over this mantle.
Only the 9&10 for UQ would be considered first choice starters in the backline, depth doesn’t seem to be there this year. DP had a field day when he came on at about the 15min mark, a professional rugby player up against what UQ put on the field was difference in the end.

J

JeepsTragic

Their strength certainly lays within the forward pack at GPS, their backs are just their to make sure the forward pack gets good field position.

Your right, the backs have been a work-in-progress for a couple of years. Losing Jay Thompson was a big blow. It will be interesting later in the season when Hegarty slots into the backline. But as with last year Jeeps lack a bit of speed.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Interesting tipping round, as always. We all jumped on the Brethren against the struggling Dragons. Only two tipsters were brave enough to tip Norths over Uni. Easts were strong favourites too with four tipping Souths. Most of us went with GPS at home against an improving Wests.

No one tipped the round, four people managed 3/4.

Rugby Reg moves up to sit top of the table with Rugby Follower.

Rugby Follower 14
Rugby Reg 14
Beer Baron 13
GirtbySea 13
Nomad 13
RAF 13
Sage Too 13
Dark Shark 12
Jets 12
Hound 11
Southernx 11
DB 10
Getwithme 10
Happyman 10
Pick n drive 10
Cam Goddard 9
Hennaz 9
jimmy.crouch 9
Keeno 9
new recruit_ brisbane 9
Lovemyclubfooty 8
Paty305 8
Robbitybob 8
nmpc 7
East Coast Aces 6
Jeeper 6
Phatmic 5
David 4
eldiablo 4
Loveclubrugby 4
FigJam 3
J Cole 3
Magpie for me 3
manwithcaninhand 3
Mr Grump 3
Throbber 2
Beerad 1
Bulldog 1
heavy unit 1

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Credit to GPS on the win... can’t help but wonder as a doggy supporter what that score line would of been had it not been for the double yellow card incident around the 60th minute mark.

Clearly GPS were showing their dominance at scrum time and early in the game I was worried the west’s scrum might lead to a yellow card.

But when the GPS 12 went to the bin along with the West’s 8 it didn’t take a rocket scientist to see what was about to happen.

Hate to say it but That GPS penalty try scrum was a thing of beauty. 22m out and they pushed their way to the tryline. Congrats to the Yoku rd faithful on winning the Bunter Bowl.

SIDE NOTE: I spotted Peter Ryan in the crowd... as he is Reds defensive coach can’t help but think how impressed he would of been with Carter Gordon tackling who GPS looked to be targeting. Think there’s going to be some people at Ballymore banging the table for Carter Gordon sooner rather then later.

Status
Not open for further replies.