• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Souths v Bond University, Chipsy Wood Oval, 3:20pm (Match of the Round)

Souths: Clinton Malolua, Theo Fourie, Jake Simeon, Tom Lane, Jacob McKellar, Josateki Murray, Brad Kelegai, Harley Fox, Scott Malolua, Jake Strachan, Mika Tela, Teti Tela, Rapheal Evalu, Abele Atunaisa, Jayden Ngamanu (c)

Coach: Elia Tuqiri

Bond University: Andrew Petelo, Nick Turner, Will Slipper, Angus Blyth, Calum Ball, Kieran Van Brecht, Connor Pritchard, Zack Moimoi, Harry Nucifora (c), Dion Taumata, Ryan Menzies, Dan Boardman, Joey Fittock, Adam Gauder, Max Dowd

Coach: Brad Harris

GPS v Norths, Yoku Road, 3:20pm

GPS: Jethro Felemi, Maile Ngauamo, Fred Burke, Oliver Bartlett, Dan Gorman (C), Tuaina Tualima, Matt Gicquel, Mitch King, Jordan Lenac, DP de Lange, Jono Kent, Alfonso Horomia, Pat Nicholson, Josh Collins, Albert Nikoro

Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

Norths: Wilson Enoka, Cody Blackhurst (C), Tonga Ma’afu, Michael Jones, Malik Pataanga, Stone Kolio, Michael Leary, Jordan Tuapou, Liam Prendergast, Matt McGahan, Veresa Mataitini, Doug Rayment, Conor Chittenden, Jordan Luke, Nick Chapman

Coach: Luke Oxford

Wests v Easts, Scifleet Stadium, 3:20pm

Wests: Misioka Timoteo, Efi Ma’afu, Ausetalia Vaiomanu, Ray Holani, Rob Puli’uvea, Jerry Lynch (C), Connor Anderson, Emmanuel Maliko, Liam Dillon, Carter Gordon, Fred Keil, Isaac Henry, Hunter Paisami, Liam Moseley, Cooper Whiteside

Coach: Pat Byron

Easts: Carter Ozanne, Sam Richards, Rhys van Nek, Jale Vakaloloma, Filimoni Seruvatu, Aidan Leeming, Tom Milosevic, Seru Uru, Phoenix Hunt, Preston Springhall, Liam Matenga, Matt Gordon (C), Landon Hayes, Keeghan Sefton, Shane Kennedy

Coach: Moses Rauluni

University of Queensland v Sunnybank, St Lucia, 3:20pm

University of Queensland: Sam Mellor, Tom Mellor, Torah Moe, Dom Power, Tim Manns, Fergus Lillicrap, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Jacobus Van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Will Morley, TJ Siakisini, Josh Hill, Sam Dalgleish, Clifton Setu

Coach: Mick Heenan

Sunnybank: Lloyd Gorman, Eli Fakaioatonga, Dee Anae, Fala Tuala, Longosai Ilangana, Christian Malaulau, Joel Brown, Dillon Wihongi, Hayden Sargaent, Ahmu Tuimalealiifano, Larry Hermens, David Feliuai, Peter Lee, Liam McNamara

Coach: Damon Virtue

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Looking at Rugbyxplorer app and the team lists

Duncan P will be turning out for the eagles as he has been named on the bench. Have not spied any other reds yet playing club footy on Saturday whom are playing tonight.
I’m sure UQ would be hoping for some late inclusions .
Any rules regarding changes to the team list , as in how late can it be changed ?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Is Kirwan Sanday injured for Easts? He can’t seem to stay on the field. I noticed he didn’t have his Reds academy contract renewed this year. I’m guessing due to his injuries, cause whenever he is fit he seems to get picked in good sides.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I thought Kirwan Sanday had gone across the ditch

Edit: I’m thinking of Richie Asiata

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
19B481E1-EBEB-42D4-846F-EAC7E7CB8FA0.jpeg

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
GPS game was fairly uninspiring in sloppy conditions. To Norths credit they hung around but GPS just had heaps of possession and should have probably put some more points on. North’s have some handy players but execution lets them down, some really bad individual decision making in attack cost them a few tries. One winger in particular bombed about 3 by making the wrong decision which would have made for a closer game.

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
No chirping from Shaw Road this week?

Oracle?

anyone?

The hallowed blue wall was up again and without their talismanic Red - Duncan.

Can someone from the Bank explain whats happening there?

Since Seib left, the place has gone to the shitter.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can anyone tell me the rules about coaching by the runners?
I was watching the Wests v Easts Premier Grade game, the runner who was up and down the sideline all game was wired up and giving instructions to players. At times even running on to give tips. Didn’t see if he had “runner” on his shirt but he was carrying a water bottle that was offered to players. He was yelling to the defence and on several occasions ran on and gave the fullback instructions and then ran off. The Easts coach was even standing next to the upright at times.

We weren’t allowed to do this when coaching juniors so surprised it can be done at the Premier grade. You had to wear a bib and were only allowed on at certain time.

Surely it’s not now like league we’re the runners like Alfie are out there coaching on field??

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I don’t know the specific laws about it but unless they are proving to be an actual distraction or interfering with the play then I wouldn’t think it was a huge issue. I can’t think of any times as a player or coach where a runners message has been the difference between winning or losing a game.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Can anyone tell me the rules about coaching by the runners?
I was watching the Wests v Easts Premier Grade game, the runner who was up and down the sideline all game was wired up and giving instructions to players. At times even running on to give tips. Didn’t see if he had “runner” on his shirt but he was carrying a water bottle that was offered to players. He was yelling to the defence and on several occasions ran on and gave the fullback instructions and then ran off. The Easts coach was even standing next to the upright at times.

We weren’t allowed to do this when coaching juniors so surprised it can be done at the Premier grade. You had to wear a bib and were only allowed on at certain time.

Surely it’s not now like league we’re the runners like Alfie are out there coaching on field??

Easts coaches position themselves down one end on the tryline and stay there the whole game, Souths I think seemed to do the same the other week when I saw them at Easts. The water boys carrying instructions are commonplace in Super Rugby - David Pocock was the water boy for the Brumbies last night and Tana Umaga for the Blues, pretty sure they are not just there for their abilities with rehydrating players. With coaches all miked up these days they just carry messages on where the weaknesses that need to be fixed are or what tactics need to be used.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Easts coaches position themselves down one end on the tryline and stay there the whole game, Souths I think seemed to do the same the other week when I saw them at Easts. The water boys carrying instructions are commonplace in Super Rugby - David Pocock was the water boy for the Brumbies last night and Tana Umaga for the Blues, pretty sure they are not just there for their abilities with rehydrating players. With coaches all miked up these days they just carry messages on where the weaknesses that need to be fixed are or what tactics need to be used.

The Souths coaches have been positioning themselves behind the dead ball line for years now, at a dozen years since I first noticed. Always at the southern end at Chipsy Wood. It's the best place to watch tactically

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Souths coaches have been positioning themselves behind the dead ball line for years now, at a dozen years since I first noticed. Always at the southern end at Chipsy Wood. It's the best place to watch tactically
Agree best place to watch

BEHIND THE DEADBALL LINE.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I've played under a couple of coaches over the years who watch the game from down near the try-line, some because they like to view but other because they wanted to get away from the crowd

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
I've played under a couple of coaches over the years who watch the game from down near the try-line, some because they like to view but other because they wanted to get away from the crowd
I agree

I did that. But I. Ever walked up to the posts as the Marshall told me where to stand.

I never had the luxury of wired “waterboys” but get that this is the way of the professional game

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
No chirping from Shaw Road this week?

Oracle?

anyone?

The hallowed blue wall was up again and without their talismanic Red - Duncan.

Can someone from the Bank explain whats happening there?

Since Seib left, the place has gone to the shitter.

Uni won convincingly as did your beloved GPS - the Eagle underdogs went as expected but as I said they will surprise a few teams and that’s already happened once. How’d Logan go??

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
Uni won convincingly as did your beloved GPS - the Eagle underdogs went as expected but as I said they will surprise a few teams and that’s already happened once. How’d Logan go??

Can you please stop your noble crusade for a sec and help figure out whats happening at Sunnybank?

‘trolling’ too much takes the focus away from issues that should be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.