• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Probably go off the clubs FB pages id say. QRU only updated the fixtures on the website 2 days ago.

The administrators of the game in this state are a complete shambles and the journey only gets worse - much better performance by the reds though.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Wests are serious contenders this year. Strong across the park and unlike the noise coming from Shaw Road they showed significant improviement in their set piece, especially at scrum time. Park their last try as a contender for try of the year too. The double efforts from their 6 and lock were a treat.

Are there any other reports from the other matches?

Jilted Eagle

Norths prems played as well as your beloved Colts3 but they won 6th 5ths drew fourth and narrow losses in 3rds n 2nds.

Credit to West’s forwards - very impressive I just hope Norths haven’t peaked too early ie. in the preseason this year but there has been a loss of great talent from them and a few key injuries as well that won’t help what was a good year last year.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Jilted Eagle

Norths prems played as well as your beloved Colts3 but they won 6th 5ths drew fourth and narrow losses in 3rds n 2nds.

Credit to West’s forwards - very impressive I just hope Norths haven’t peaked too early ie. in the preseason this year but there has been a loss of great talent from them and a few key injuries as well that won’t help what was a good year last year.

There wasn't a 6ths game on Saturday? Norths won 1 game across all grades in 5's. Some hard working youngsters but the ripping up Fogarty and laying down new ground work is setting them back at least this year in 1st grade.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
There wasn't a 6ths game on Saturday? Norths won 1 game across all grades in 5's. Some hard working youngsters but the ripping up Fogarty and laying down new ground work is setting them back at least this year in 1st grade.

Did I say Saturday? They played Friday and I agree with your comment about the change of coaching
06748E6A-BD2B-421C-9140-86ADEDD29B20.jpeg
06748E6A-BD2B-421C-9140-86ADEDD29B20.jpeg

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Norths are at their most dangerous when everyone writes them off - so underestimate their ability to stay in the battle at your peril.

They will get better than they were on Saturday.

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
Jilted Eagle

Oracle. Lets play a quick numbers game.

1 - The number of games won by your club on Saturday..
0 - The number of points your club scored by your ‘1st grade’ team on the weekend.

I know who should be feeling jilted right now and it isnt me pal.

I hope bulldog is right, I hope they get better for the sake of the comp.
Having Sunnybank after the bye makes that possible.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not sure how anyone is arguing for Logan over Norths. Norths went down to 5th grade last year - were competitive in all grades.
By the looks of it go to 6th grade this year. There issue is enticing top flight north-side school leaver talent (who aren't attracted west/over the river) to play for Norths over Brothers.

Logan has two other clubs to compete with.

Edit: Norths over Brothers

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Good tipping round 1 ladies and lads

7 people tipped the round
23 scored 3/4
3 tipped 2/4
and one lone person tipped 1/4

I also cut the three people who tipped after the games were played.

I'll post the next round on Thursday.

Leaders are

Cam Goddard
Dark Shark
Jeeper
Nomad
RAF
Robbitybob
Southernx

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
Norths are at their most dangerous when everyone writes them off - so underestimate their ability to stay in the battle at your peril.

They will get better than they were on Saturday.

I am not by any stretch a Norths fan but was imprerssed with their work last year. I would agree they will be a lot better than what was served up saturday.

Add Taupou and Maafu to 7 and prop, Luke Jordan & McGahan to the backline and things start looking better instantly.

Not to mention you have some seasoned campaigners in reggies who could see themselves moving up.

However without Hewitt they have lost most their attacking punch in the forwards...

FInally is it just me or were there some monster packs getting around on the weekend? The size of the 'park' footy player compared to 5 years ago is completely different.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
FInally is it just me or were there some monster packs getting around on the weekend? The size of the 'park' footy player compared to 5 years ago is completely different.

Not just you, remember when 90kg (or 14 stone) was fairly big and 100kg was massive?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
oh my lord. Played premier colts in the outside backs in the last few years and was quite small at around 85kg. How things have changed

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Souths v Brothers, Chipsy Wood Oval, 3:20pm – MATCH OF THE ROUND
Souths: Franko Abdalla, David Paice, Jake Simeon, Josh O’Rourke, Matt Bennett, Jacob McKellar, Jesse Roberts, Sunia Finefeuiaki, Scott Malolua, Jake Strachan, Mika Tela, Teti Tela, Ralph Evalu, Abele Atunaisa, Emori Waqavulagi
Coach: Elia Tuqiri

Brothers: Tom Moloney (C), Matt Faessler, Garrath Ryan, Bradford Kapa, Ryan Smith, Alex Perez, Henry Fitzgerald, Harry Wilson, Reuben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Elih Baillie, Lawson Creighton, Patrick James, George Partridge, Aidan Toua
Coach: Rod Seib

Wests v Sunnybank, Scifleet Stadium, 3:20pm
Wests: Misioka Timoteo, Efi Ma’afu, Ausetalia Vaiomanu, Ray Holani, Rob Puliuvea, Jerry Lynch (C), Connor Anderson, Emmanuel Maliko, Liam Dillon, Carter Gordon, Pita Niubalavu, Isaac Henry, Hunter Paisami, Ben Navosailagi, Cooper Whiteside
Coach: Pat Byron

Sunnybank: Lloyd Gorman, Ali Fakailoatonga, Andrew Pelepele Lemalu, Fala Tuala, Longosai Ilangana, Tipene Mavoa, Joel Brown, Dillon Wihongi, Neal McNamara, Tom Lucas (C), Kitone Lam, Larry Hermens, Ahmu Tuimalealiifano, David Feliuai, Hayden Sargeant
Coach: Damon Virtue

Bond University v University of Queensland, Bond University RFC, 3:20pm
Bond University: Andrew Petelo, Nick Turner, Gavin Luka, Angus Blyth, Calum Ball, Zach Moimoi, Connor Pritchard, Paula Kaho, Harry Nucifora (C), Dion Taumata, Joey Fittock, Corbin Kiernan, Daniel Boardman, Jordan Hughes, Maxwell Dowd
Coach: Brad Harris

University of Queensland: Egan Siggs, Cameron Flavell, Josh Nasser, Tim Manns, Ben Paxton-Hall, Pat Morrey, Connor Moroney, Sam Wallis, Sairusi Lalanabaravi, James Dalgleish (C), Sam Dalgleish, Kye Oates, James Conville, Clifton Setu, Jock Campbell
Coach: Mick Heenan

Easts v GPS, David Wilson Field, 3:20pm – Cromwell Cup
Easts: Cater Ozanne, Sam Richards, Rhys Van Nek, Aidan Leeming, Puke Garland, Henry Olsen, Tom Milosevic, Seru Uru, Phoenix Hunt, Eli Pilz, Leone Cama, Matt Gordon (C), Landon Hayes, Shane Kennedy, Jack Hardy
Coach: Moses Rauluni

GPS: Naverika Pologa, Maile Ngauamo, Jethro Felemi, Kieren Johnston, Dan Gorman (C), Daniel Chui-Clark, Matt Gicquel, Mitch King, Jordan Lenac, DP de Lange, Pat Nicholsen, Matt Lieder, Maaloga Konelio, Esera Esera, Jonathen Kent
Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

Status
Not open for further replies.