• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Round 7 already

You can tip HERE

I'm worried for the Students against the Filth, could be a blood bath at Crosby :(

I reckon its going to be closer than you think Jet. I don't think it will be a blood bath, but I'm going Brothers by 7. The back-row is basically their second grade, and whilst good players in their own right, I think this is where the battle will be won on the day.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Can you please stop your noble crusade for a sec and help figure out whats happening at Sunnybank?

‘trolling’ too much takes the focus away from issues that should be discussed.

As part of my crusade I ventured down to Ascot town and watched Brothers take apart my beloved Uni who fought valiantly for the first 60minutes - great game and lovely afternoon in the can bar with the filth followers.

Anyway could not believe it when I went home and surfed around the ground Easts 13 V Norths 47 - well that’s a couple of upsets by the Eagles now and good luck to them - DP the most influential player in club rugby - Shame he did not get a run inn the reds last night because they needed his ability to read the play!!!

Be rid of your emotions Jilted Eagle - and let’s catch up and enjoy some great club rugby....#predictionsdelivered

Reactions: vac
J

JeepsTragic

Great to see the QRU on the ball. Maybe they will publish the QPR weekly for round 7 today or tomorrow. That would be useful given the games were played last Saturday.

It just shows the regard that the QRU have for club rugby. It seems that both Rugby Australia and the QRU hold club rugby in disdain. I suppose they are too busy writing diversity policies and figuring out ways they can sanction players for not following the politically correct speech policies handed to them by Alan Joyce.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have to defend the QRU's endeavours and the work that Brendan Hertel aka "Sauce" puts in with the online contentment in the coverage of QPR.

(The round 7 QPR weekly and the show were released on Friday as per usual)

I think you'll find the Rugby Weekly & the weekly show are released later in the week in order to gather interest for the weekend ahead.

The team lists for the weekly wouldn't be to hand until Wednesday in any event.

I agree that the QRU & RA have made some errors over recent years but the coverage given to QPR including the Wednesday replay on Foxtel is not an area for which they should be criticised IMHO.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Great to see the QRU on the ball. Maybe they will publish the QPR weekly for round 7 today or tomorrow. That would be useful given the games were played last Saturday.

It just shows the regard that the QRU have for club rugby. It seems that both Rugby Australia and the QRU hold club rugby in disdain. I suppose they are too busy writing diversity policies and figuring out ways they can sanction players for not following the politically correct speech policies handed to them by Alan Joyce.

Sign up for the QRU mailing list. It will be delivered to your mailbox instantly the moment it’s released

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)

You mean this one? Posted publicly last Friday afternoon, as it is every Friday afternoon.
Brenden Hertal (QRU Media Manager/photographer) does a fantastic job every week of getting this content out, when he can, with the resources available to him.
Your issues with RA and QRU (which are shared by many) have nothing to do with the QPR weekly.. maybe sign up to the mailing list as suggested so you're not disappointed when you can't find something that you didn't actually look for?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 09.12.28.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 09.12.28.png
    370.1 KB · Views: 156
J

JeepsTragic

Sign up for the QRU mailing list. It will be delivered to your mailbox instantly the moment it’s released

Why don't they put it up on their web site? Its still not there. Old fogies like me, just want to be able to go to a site and see the teams.I don't want any more emails - I get enough already. I don't think it should be that must of a chore for them.

J

JeepsTragic

You mean this one? Posted publicly last Friday afternoon, as it is every Friday afternoon.

Brenden Hertal (QRU Media Manager/photographer) does a fantastic job every week of getting this content out, when he can, with the resources available to him.

Your issues with RA and QRU (which are shared by many) have nothing to do with the QPR weekly.. maybe sign up to the mailing list as suggested so you're not disappointed when you can't find something that you didn't actually look for?

Sorry I go to the Reds Rugby web page and then click on Premier rugby. Its only logical to think that the publication might be available on the official QRU web page. I want to see it because it is a good publication but at the moment there ae 6 programs available and all were made available before the games. Not this week. It happened quite a few times last year and I think it might have even happened in a semi final week.

This happened many times last year as well.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Sorry I go to the Reds Rugby web page and then click on Premier rugby. Its only logical to think that the publication might be available on the official QRU web page. I want to see it because it is a good publication but at the moment there ae 6 programs available and all were made available before the games. Not this week. It happened quite a few times last year and I think it might have even happened in a semi final week.

This happened many times last year as well.

Fair enough. It still isn't there which is odd. But to be honest the reds website could use an overhaul anyway.

Here's a link if you still haven't seen it :D
http://online.fliphtml5.com/xsol/gd...A5TPrJtLD15F0P8K8mC0Va2ZeeHwdIN1JWfHtG-OA#p=2

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Here's the new tipping table

Well done to Reg for being the only one to tip Norths over Easts.

58% picked Wests over Bond

96% tipped Brothers over Uni

100% tipped GPS

Beer Baron 19
Rugby Follower 19
GirtbySea 18
Jets 18
Nomad 18
RAF 18
Rugby Reg 18
Sage Too 18
Dark Shark 17
Southernx 17
Getwithme 16
Cam Goddard 15
DB 15
Happyman 15
Pick n drive 15
Hennaz 14
Hound 14
Keeno 14
nmpc 14
Paty305 14
Robbitybob 14
new recruit_ brisbane 12
jimmy.crouch 11
eldiablo 10
Lovemyclubfooty 8
East Coast Aces 6
Jeeper 6
manwithcaninhand 6
Phatmic 5
David 4
Loveclubrugby 4
Beerad 3
FigJam 3
J Cole 3
Magpie for me 3
Mr Grump 3
Shane T 3
Throbber 2
Bulldog 1
heavy unit 1

Reactions: vac

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)

Mate don’t let your prejudice get in the way of the facts. The one part of the QRU that is elite are is the media department sauce does an excellent job and the content if you are on Facebook is fantastic and plentiful on club rugby.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Easts wil bounce back this week "you have heard it here first" against Sunnybank.

Firstly, they will be playing at home and that is always hard for the visiting team

They were missing their No 1 due to U/20's comitments and their 12/13 due to injury (Gordon/Hayes).

They will also have a replacement No 1/3 coming back which will help strenthen their front row.

Not a good loss last weekend against North's, but Easts had a huge amount of tallent sitting on the sidelines.

I am looking for them to bounce back this weekend.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Mate don’t let your prejudice get in the way of the facts. The one part of the QRU that is elite are is the media department sauce does an excellent job and the content if you are on Facebook is fantastic and plentiful on club rugby.

Look I understand where jeepstragic is coming from, but can we say that they have been a little "sloppy" in the past. However that said, I think the range and the quality (qpr live vision for instance and sauce etc) going forward is much better than 2-3 years ago (and I was a bit of a complainer back then). It does seem that the new rugby.au (listings and standings of each grade etc.) is worse than previous years, but that's AU problem not particularly QRU.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
So why is there RugbyAU and rugby.com.au. Is the latter official and the former just an independent media outlet??

very confusing.

The club rugby results linked from the Reds website look much better - however you can't change the grade (That i can see) once in the RugbyAU website

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just in from Fiji, Brad Harris is going back to Fiji to head up the nation team for the RWC, effective immediately.
Nice appointment for Brad but could be disturbing for Bond half way through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.