• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wests won’t even need their forwards. Ha.
With the strength of the Brothers and Jeeps forwards I still think they will have it over Wests in the final round with the Reds and U20 players back in the arena.

Brothers has the most complete team and best depth
GPS has the best forward pack and scrum.

As a dogs fan I just want to qualify top 4 & get the opportunity where anything can happen come game day.

Reactions: vac

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I think you are right. You can have the best backline in the world but if you cant win the ball, they don't do you much good. I remember the jeeps backlines of the early 90's. When they got the ball they were electric but sadly didn't have the cattle up front in those days so were beaten more often than not. It wasn't until D'Arcy, the Cockbain brothers and Muppet arrived that we started to have some forward dominance.

Geez that team was awesome, Muppet, Knappy, Riles, Bikkie and Mattie Cockbain, Tuney, Herbie, Coombie, Constable, Mepi, Flanno.

Fair few wallabies and reds right there (+ one true blue Welshmen!)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If thats true, its a potent backline coming in to the back end of the season and leading into finals!

9. LD / Moses
10. Carter Gordon
11. Filipo Daugunu
12. Isaac Henry
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Jordan Petaia
15. Cooper Whiteside

wow!

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Petaia might wear that 13 jersey. All due respect to Hunter.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I've got a sneaking suspicion that Petaia might wear that 13 jersey. All due respect to Hunter.

Much of a muchness...imagine hunter running on the wing off Petaia.

Hunter started on the wing for harlequins when he debuted in 1st grade in Melbourne so he will hold his own.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Agreed, backline is pretty versatile outside 9 really..

Perhaps something like

9. LD / Moses
10. Gordon
11. Daugunu
12. Paisami
13. Petaia
14. Whiteside
15. Henry

Whatever they do (if they get these options), Im sure it'll be great to see.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
GPS v Easts, Yoku Road, 3:20pm – Ladies Day (MATCH OF THE ROUND)

GPS: Jethro Felemi, Maile Ngauamo, Fred Burke, Oliver Bartlett, Dan Gorman (c), Michael Richards, Tom Kibble, Mitch King, Jordan Lenac, Davis Tavita, Jono Kent, Alfonso Horomia, Maalonga Konelio, Alex Samoa, Albert Nikoro

Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

Easts: Braden Schiller, Sam Richards, Carter Ozanne, Fred Fewtrell, Jale Vakaloloma, Aidan Leeming, Tom Milosevic (c), Seru Uru, Eli Pilz, Jack Frampton, Liam Matenga, Tevita Ahosivi, Riley Cooper, Jezzy Ioane, Preston Springhall

Coach: Moses Rauluni

University of Queensland v Bond University, St Lucia, 3:20pm

University of Queensland: Sam Mellor, Tom Mellor, Kris Nielsen, Pat Morrey, Ben Paxton-Hall, Fergus Lillicrap, Gustav de Jager, Sam Wallis, Jacobus Van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Sam Edwards, TJ Siakisini, Kalala Meni, Clifton Setu, Alex Horan

Coach: Mick Heenan

Bond University: Sam Dobb, Nick Turner, Will Slipper, Matt Dalton, Dylan Rowe, Luke Papworth, Connor Pritchard, Zach Moimoi, Harry Nucifora (c), Dion Taumata, Jordan Hughes, Franklin Calugay, Dan Boardman, Max Dowd, Joey Fittock

Coach: Grant Anderson

Brothers v Souths, Crosby Park, 4:00pm – Bola-Kefu Memorial Shield

Brothers: Tom Moloney (c), Matt Faessler, Garrath Ryan, Brad Kapa, Ryan Smith, Henry Fitzgerald, Noah Neilsen, Jeremy Skelton, Reuben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Sam Hyne, Pat James, Seb Wileman, George Patridge, Lawson Creighton

Coach: Rod Seib

Souths: Clinton Malolua, Sean Farrell, Jake Simeon, Josh O’Rourke, Jacob McKellar, Harley Fox (c), Brad Kelegei, Caleb Timu, Jason Hofmeyr, Jake Strachan, Mika Tela, Abele Atunaisa, Elijah Kefu, Emori Waqavulagi, Teti Tela

Coach: Elia Tuqiri

Sunnybank v Wests, Oldmac Oval, 3:20pm

Sunnybank: Lloyd Gorman, Eli Fakailoatonga, Walter Fangupo, Josh Afu, Longosai Ilangana, Fala Tuala, Joel Brown (c), Dillon Wihongi, Tui Nofoaiga, Hayden Sargeant, William Feeney, Larry Hermens, Nick Kepu, NG Lam Kitone Toaono Junior, Liam McNamara

Coach: Evan Willis

Wests: Immanuel Naciva, Bart Richie, Ausetalia Vaiomanu, Rob Puliuvea, Will Dearden, Jerry Lynch (c), Connor Anderson, Emmanuel Maliko, Carter Gordon, Callum Hicks, Isaac Henry, Hunter Paisami, Liam Moseley, Cooper Whiteside

Coach: Pat Byron

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Possibly putting Jordy at 14 may be a good idea for a start though to let him work his way into the team. They are gelling well in their current lineup

I don’t think the West backline needs much change. Maybe slot the Reds into the wing. Unless they have been to training and know the moves it would be crazy to change 10 12 13 combo at present. If one of them has played fullback maybe there.

Doubting Thomas

Stan Wickham (3)
I don’t think the West backline needs much change. Maybe slot the Reds into the wing. Unless they have been to training and know the moves it would be crazy to change 10 12 13 combo at present. If one of them has played fullback maybe there.
Just watched the Wests-Sunnybank game. Seems the “pass it to the 13” strategy didn’t work. The 10 was pedestrian at best. Is there a plan B?

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just watched the Wests-Sunnybank game. Seems the “pass it to the 13” strategy didn’t work. The 10 was pedestrian at best. Is there a plan B?
The 10 was behind a breakdown where Bank did well.

13 will be a great player when he gets better vision and can do the basic draw and pass

West’s had a bad day. They will be brilliant next year if they learn

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Surprise result with the Sunnybank win over Wests although I think that SB have been getting close. Easts losing in the 81st minute is disappointing - so close to an upset win. UQ and Bond look like they will benefit greatly if their Reds players turn out for them after next week - both have quite a few players who should be available.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Come on mate leave your dirty laundry at the door. I haven’t watched the game yet and can’t comment on the game but your continual digs are getting glaringly obvious. If he took you son’s position there is a reason for it, which the Reds must see too. I am a big fan and believe he has strengthened your hopes for the finals. Accept it and move on.

On another note, how good were Brothers today. I thought it could go either way but the strength of our forwards and consistency from our backs sealed it. Great game to watch.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
On another note, how good were Brothers today. I thought it could go either way but the strength of our forwards and consistency from our backs sealed it. Great game to watch.

Brothers are in a pretty strong position, I thought Souths might have taken that today when I saw the stream around the 60 minute mark but Brothers must have finished really strongly.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
What has changed to get Souths in this strong position? They are looking good.

Strachan (ex Sunnybank) at 10 has been good for them, today they had Caleb Timu playing. It will be interesting if they get any of their Reds guys turning out for them soon - Kerevi is probably unlikely but CFS has in the past I think and I think Lukhan SL is listed as Souths also. Might make quite an impact.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Come on mate leave your dirty laundry at the door. I haven’t watched the game yet and can’t comment on the game but your continual digs are getting glaringly obvious. If he took you son’s position there is a reason for it, which the Reds must see too. I am a big fan and believe he has strengthened your hopes for the finals. Accept it and move on.

Unless you are a Bank fan I wouldn’t waste time. Just wondering which post you are replying to?
Easier if you use the reply button

Status
Not open for further replies.