• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
100% strip them of the Premiership, disgraceful cheating.
Haha I’m assuming you’re joking. One player cheats his team & the competition & you want a team Premiership stripped? Should we take all Easts points away after one of their Premier Grade players tested positive this season? What about Bonds best player & last years Alex Evans medalist testing positive? As far as I know they haven’t re-awarded the prize.
The Jeeps boys were drug tested by ASADA after the match on Saturday. It’s a regular occurrence I’m told.
If players are caught cheating they should have the book thrown at them but rugby is a team sport & the team shouldn’t be punished

J

JeepsTragic

So just had s look at the original story via the link from Reg, it’s dated 21/01/2019.

You would have thought if stripping a premiership was on the cards we hopefully would have heard about by now.

Why has this been such a secret for so long? There are more questions than answers. If the test happened in August 2017 why did it take till January 2019 for the positive test to be reported? Why not in September 2017? Has the QRU or RA addressed the issue? Has there been a press conference? Will there be any punishment of Uni? How do you punish a team for the actions of one individual? Did Reuben Leilua play any games for Uni in 2018 before the ban was imposed in 2019? Where are/was the media? Why didn't they do their job and report it?

It seems once again that we have been let down by the administration? How can anyone have faith that they will do the right thing when a story like this goes by without comment?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Where are/was the media? Why didn't they do their job and report it?

This bit is laughable jeeps tragic...don’t get me wrong I agree with you but the circumstances are simply put that the only real Queensland premier rugby news coverage your gonna get is from some news outlet like quest local newspaper. The courier mail doesn’t give 2 shits about our comp (they’d rather talk gps school boy rugby which is a shame)

Your left with either rugbynews.net.au (I’m not paying for that), RA or redsrugby.com to discuss the suspension. RA has enough bad publicity on their plate with Folau, granted this suspension happen before Folau suspension, I stil believe they’d turn blind eye to report any negative publicity and then redsrugby.com seems like a severely understaffed news outlet... I’d forgive them for not reporting this in January as they’d be busy on super rugby news kick off ect.

We should thank reg for posting this, I would of never known... one reason why I come to GAGR and this topic in particular because the media just doesn’t care for QPR.

J

JeepsTragic

Southern - Sadly you are right. I saw a couple of weeks ago Jim Tucker publishing his email asking for any GPS stories that they can run. I was going to email him and say I have got a heap of GPS stories, and Brothers stories and Easts and Uni. Not a word about finals in any paper I have seen and certainly nothing about the drug scandal.

They way the CM fawns over schoolboy rugby in both TAS (is it still called that?) and GPS, but completely ignore Prems which is of a significantly higher standard is pretty painful. It disrespects the competition. Oh for the days when Frank O'Callaghan not only wrote about the game but he cared for club rugby and was involved for a lot of years.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Southern - Sadly you are right. I saw a couple of weeks ago Jim Tucker publishing his email asking for any GPS stories that they can run. I was going to email him and say I have got a heap of GPS stories, and Brothers stories and Easts and Uni. Not a word about finals in any paper I have seen and certainly nothing about the drug scandal.

They way the CM fawns over schoolboy rugby in both TAS (is it still called that?) and GPS, but completely ignore Prems which is of a significantly higher standard is pretty painful. It disrespects the competition. Oh for the days when Frank O'Callaghan not only wrote about the game but he cared for club rugby and was involved for a lot of years.

there's an article today.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...i/news-story/be8a27789d92cc077faeb75f5f0ea2a9

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Does anyone know if the QRU is still emailing the Qld Premier Rugby digital programs to subscribers?
I haven’t received one for several weeks now.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Do we have confirmation that Campbell Magnay is unavailable for GPS? Judging by the rulebook I would say he is, but I assume GPS admin would have at least made a play for clearance, based on what grounds, I wouldn't know.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Yeah, thanks Adam84. Guess I was just wondering why it stopped coming into my inbox. Cheers.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BROTHERS V GPS, BALLYMORE STADIUM, KICK-OFF 3:05PM | MAJOR SEMI FINAL

Brothers: Tom Moloney (c), Matthew Faessler, Garrath Ryan, Bradford Kapa, Ryan Smith, Criff Tupou, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Reuben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Sam Hyne, Patrick James, Byron Ralston, Josh Flook, Lawson Creighton

Coach: Rod Seib

GPS: Jethro Felemi, Maile Ngauamo, Ruan Smith, Tuaina Tualima, Dan Gorman, Michael Richards, Matt Gicquel, Mitch King, Jordan Lenac, Bryce Hegarty, Jono Kent, Bernard Nickel, Maaloga Konelio, Josh Collins, Pat Nicholson

Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

EASTS V UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND, BALLYMORE STADIUM, KICK-OFF 5:15PM | MINOR SEMI-FNAL

Easts: Braden Schiller, Carter Ozanne, Rhys van Nek, Fili Seruvatu, Fred Fewtrell, Liam Wright, Tom Milosevic, Seru Uru, Phoenix Hunt, Rhys Jakes, Max Baker, Tevita Ahosivi, Landon Hayes, Riley Cooper, Dylan Taikato-Simpson

Coach: Moses Rauluni

University of Queensland: Sam Mellor, Tom Mellor, SJ Tamala, Fergus Lillicrap, Harry Hockings, Adam Korczyk, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Jacobus van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Sam Edwards, TJ Siakisini, Brad Twidale, Clifton Setu, Jock Campbell

Coach: Mick Heenan

And the program.

http://bit.ly/QPRWeekly2019SF

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
BROTHERS V GPS, BALLYMORE STADIUM, KICK-OFF 3:05PM | MAJOR SEMI FINAL

Brothers: Tom Moloney (c), Matthew Faessler, Garrath Ryan, Bradford Kapa, Ryan Smith, Criff Tupou, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Reuben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Sam Hyne, Patrick James, Byron Ralston, Josh Flook, Lawson Creighton

Coach: Rod Seib

GPS: Jethro Felemi, Maile Ngauamo, Ruan Smith, Tuaina Tualima, Dan Gorman, Michael Richards, Matt Gicquel, Mitch King, Jordan Lenac, Bryce Hegarty, Jono Kent, Bernard Nickel, Maaloga Konelio, Josh Collins, Pat Nicholson

Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

EASTS V UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND, BALLYMORE STADIUM, KICK-OFF 5:15PM | MINOR SEMI-FNAL

Easts: Braden Schiller, Carter Ozanne, Rhys van Nek, Fili Seruvatu, Fred Fewtrell, Liam Wright, Tom Milosevic, Seru Uru, Phoenix Hunt, Rhys Jakes, Max Baker, Tevita Ahosivi, Landon Hayes, Riley Cooper, Dylan Taikato-Simpson

Coach: Moses Rauluni

University of Queensland: Sam Mellor, Tom Mellor, SJ Tamala, Fergus Lillicrap, Harry Hockings, Adam Korczyk, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Jacobus van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Sam Edwards, TJ Siakisini, Brad Twidale, Clifton Setu, Jock Campbell

Coach: Mick Heenan

And the program.

http://bit.ly/QPRWeekly2019SF
Does it cost $$$$ to go and watch the finals at Balymore.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Unless they change from previous years it will gradually increase over the next few weeks and I believe it was $15 on grand final day to get in

Status
Not open for further replies.