• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well , didn’t see that happening!

So much for the starts....

Well done Souths !
Based on the starting 15 it wasn’t that much of a surprise. The Stan commentary didn’t seem to know that the West’s team was well short of the firepower they had last week.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Based on the starting 15 it wasn’t that much of a surprise. The Stan commentary didn’t seem to know that the West’s team was well short of the firepower they had last week.
The Wests team from yesterday looks more like the team that will play week in & week out. With the extended Super Rugby Comp you could be missing Henry & C. Gordon while it’s likely Daugunu will be involved with the Wallabies & won’t be seen at Toowong.
With Paisami’s broken jaw you may see him back for a week or two

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Interesting week in tipping. If GPS players are on the forum please cove the handicap in the future, cost me 4/4

Souths and Easts were the least supported winners, with only 8 tippers picking each of them.

Majority of people backed Bond over the 'Bank.

The big margin lured a few in to back Norths but obviously not big enough, I think the venue would have had an impact as Norths are stronger at home.

Happyman 3
Heavy Unit 3
Jets 3
Jonte 3
Keeno 3
Zinzan Brooke 3
Dusky W 2
Graham Welsh 2
Learning Curve 2

Linespeed 2
Pick and Drive 2
Rugby Follower 2
Daniel 10 1
Fisherman123 1
Gary 1
MeanGreen 1
NJ 1
Nomad 1
Paty305 1
Beerad 0
SouthernX 0

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Not sure it's been touched on, but does anyone have any issues with Melbourne Rebels players coming back to play in QPR? Personally, I'm a big fan, I think it's great for the competition and standard of play - especially now it's on Stan and in front of more eyeballs.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The players returning have links with the clubs they're returning to, no issue from me.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I don’t have a problem (1 eyed wests fan)

I am hoping with the rebels organisation “gone fishing” that we may see Pincus/Chibba back at the heavies and Tuttle back at the glue factory this weekend.
I am a firm believer that a rising tide floats all boats. So As long as the players coming back are treated the same as the guys already at the club I think it is great.
It shits me when an inferior player comes into club and is given the prem grade spot based on a instruction from the Pro team as has happened in the past. From both the Reds and the Rebels.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
It shits me when an inferior player comes into club and is given the prem grade spot based on a instruction from the Pro team as has happened in the past. From both the Reds and the Rebels.

This happens way too often IMO. It's two fold the way I see it.
  • The wannabe career coaches don't want to piss off their would be employer
  • The club wants the street cred for having player X associated with the club rather than the 24 year old hard nut that bleeds the club colours - the ol' instant Vs Delayed gratification.

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)
  • The club wants the street cred for having player X associated with the club rather than the 24 year old hard nut that bleeds the club colours - the ol' instant Vs Delayed gratification.

Another issue is that super rugby contracted players are only allowed to play 1st grade unless they have an exemption which is why Vudogo and Skelton came off the bench against brothers. This means they have to play prems and its a waste for the club to have them consistently off the bench. Tough decisions but big names are big names unfortunately

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I don’t have a problem (1 eyed wests fan)

I am hoping with the rebels organisation “gone fishing” that we may see Pincus/Chibba back at the heavies and Tuttle back at the glue factory this weekend.
Pincus and Chibba would come in handy for UQ with Nasser and Grealy back in the Reds bubble.

Pretty sure the entire greater Reds squad has been called back to Ballymore for the next couple of weeks .

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Is there any Salary Cap or limit clubs have on Super Rugby players?
No lion

but it can be a fine balance Easts last year everyone bought in and they won a heap of Premierships. But some clubs it has definitely had the opposite effect.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Not sure it's been touched on, but does anyone have any issues with Melbourne Rebels players coming back to play in QPR? Personally, I'm a big fan, I think it's great for the competition and standard of play - especially now it's on Stan and in front of more eyeballs.
I’m only saying ‘no’ now because our next 2 rounds are Souths then Norths, but I would say ‘yes’ if we had UQ, GPS or Easts. We encountered a loss a couple of weeks ago because of Gordon’s inclusion at Wests.
For the best interest of Australian rugby I think it’s great. Let’s see more of it.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
We play rugby not chess. Club players with their noses out of joint need to know that the better players get the position and start. That’s bloody life.