• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good match at Sylvan Road today. Unfortunately the tigers got up but there was 3 lead changes in the last 10 minutes.

Is this a dent in the bulldogs road to the post season? I still think it’s achievable. Beat Sunnybank & Beat Bond & you hope that’s enough to qualify. Wests can also pick up wins against GPS/UQ but they’ll need to play a full 80.

Hopefully that Tigers team with newfound wind in their sails can take care of Brothers next week!

I reckon Lomani coming on for Sorovi was a bit of a turning point. He wasn't great

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A player must have been properly seasonally registered with the club no later than Saturday 3 rd of July. This specifically and strictly applies to Contracted Players. T

I guess that rules on Rodda for the finals.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Rodda was an Easts lad initially, what the fuck have Wests become if they are just the place other Super Rugby franchises land their players?

Good luck in your development, I’m sure the young fellas at Wests coming through feel great about their opportunities.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Rodda was an Easts lad initially, what the fuck have Wests become if they are just the place other Super Rugby franchises land their players?

Good luck in your development, I’m sure the young fellas at Wests coming through feel great about their opportunities.
I watched the replay last night and the is no player cohesion which is understandable when players are getting swapped around from week to week. I get that the likes of Sorovi, Gordon, Henry and Vaihu come back in, but what is Carl Marshall thinking with Lomani and Rodda. I also see that Byron Hutchison is now at Bond and got some good points yesterday. Is that because of all the swapping around in the backs? Vaihu has been invisible in the West games I have watched, and has been in a different position every time. Poor coaching decisions IMO.

S

Sgt Slaughter

Thought I was in a soccer thread for a second, you ladies need to pull your big girl panties up - Rodda and Lomani playing QPR is great for the players and the spectators, if you ask any 9 in the comp including Hunt they would jump at the opportunity to play with or against Joe Powell I guarantee you that. Non pro players love playing pro players even retired ones like squeak.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Thought I was in a soccer thread for a second, you ladies need to pull your big girl panties up - Rodda and Lomani playing QPR is great for the players and the spectators, if you ask any 9 in the comp including Hunt they would jump at the opportunity to play with or against Joe Powell I guarantee you that. Non pro players love playing pro players even retired ones like squeak.

I’m all good with how it’s panning out because it’s only putting us in more solid contention for the finals. West’s lost yesterday moved us to 3rd on the ladder.
Just saying West’s desperation to make the finals is throwing the coaches into a spin with the big names.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I watched the replay last night and the is no player cohesion which is understandable when players are getting swapped around from week to week. I get that the likes of Sorovi, Gordon, Henry and Vaihu come back in, but what is Carl Marshall thinking with Lomani and Rodda. I also see that Byron Hutchison is now at Bond and got some good points yesterday. Is that because of all the swapping around in the backs? Vaihu has been invisible in the West games I have watched, and has been in a different position every time. Poor coaching decisions IMO.

Hutinson moved to the GC for work. Nothing more.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Yeah its a positive for the competition as a whole, I do feel a bit sorry for those players who are dropped, but thats the nature of rep rugby.

Steak n Weights

Frank Nicholson (4)
Looked like a knock on in that last try for east

Attachments

• east knock on.PNG
    east knock on.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 98

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The final few weeks of QPR are set up for a cracking finish. Brothers, Bond and Wests all have clutch games with only 2 points separating 3rd and 5th. Points differential could end up deciding who gets play finals.

Brothers’ run home : Easts (A), Sunnybank (H), Bond (A) , GPS (H)

Bonds’ : UQ (H) , Wests (A) , Brothers (H), Souths (A)

Wests’ : Sunnybank (A), Bond (H) , GPS (A), UQ (H)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Where’s the QPR finals been held this year? Noting half of Ballymore is demolished at the moment