• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Pity club rugby has to wait so long into the year to get started. Easter seems so far away

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

does anyone have any schedules / calendars for trials before the Hospital Cup gets serious?

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
does anyone have any schedules / calendars for trials before the Hospital Cup gets serious?
I saw on Noosa’s Facebook page that they’re playing Norths next weekend.
2F730001-2836-40C5-818B-1A0A693CAE07.jpeg

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Souths, Norths, Easts and Wests play the Compass Cup trials from 26th March. Souths play Norths at Norths on 26th March, Easts at Easts 2nd April and Wests at Souths on 9th April.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Not long now till we see who put in the effort over the off season.
Rumour is a few of last years colts are going to make big impressions at a couple of clubs.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The award for the most vague and pointless comment of 2022 goes to... TALENTFINDER!

You're essentially saying "Rumour is, a couple of younger players at a couple of clubs are going to play well in 1st grade this year"

I reckon that probably happens every year, at every club. In fact I'd go as far to say it isn't a rumour, but rather a certainty.

Any particular young players to look out for this year or should we just keep an eye on a few of them?

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
^Poor old Talentfinder. Give a brother a break Phil.

I’m also hearing that things are heard - and beyond this , that UQ are also doing trials out at Sunnybank , with Sunnybank and Bond in 2 weeks - the week before they go to Dalby

Last edited:
D

DELETE ACCOUNT

The award for the most vague and pointless comment of 2022 goes to... TALENTFINDER!

You're essentially saying "Rumour is, a couple of younger players at a couple of clubs are going to play well in 1st grade this year"

I reckon that probably happens every year, at every club. In fact I'd go as far to say it isn't a rumour, but rather a certainty.

Any particular young players to look out for this year or should we just keep an eye on a few of them?
Thanks Phil

My comment was to generate some conversation and possibly flush out a few names other than the standard over promoted so called super stars of schoolboy rugby.
But it appears all are holding their cards close to their chest.

He are a couple to keep on your watch

Easts - Blyton if he can stay injury free
Brothers - Werchon (?)
GPS - Howse, Barker
Wests - Robinson
UQ- Tierney, Hearn

Of course there are plenty of others we are all keen to see rip in and push the older established prem graders.

Happy to have anyone name a few.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Floyd Aubrey ,Campbell Moller, Harry Barker from Jeeps

Louis Werchon from Brothers

Marlon Jones from Bond

Would seem to be the most ready to be staple starters with the ability to make genuine contributions.

I think Moller is the best U20 Centre running around (including those that are with their franchises for now)

Last edited: