• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Agree… they speared their coach in very interesting circumstances so you would think they are going all in! I believe that is how they think it will work short term.
Lost a few of last years colts as well

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Fair to say then… that on talent at clubs currently & players to return the likes of Souths, Norths & Sunnybank will struggle again in 2022.
If you are going by trial form, Souths have performed strongly against Norths and Easts. Not sure what the score was against Norths, but they defeated Easts 21-19 last Saturday. The Souths coaches made a heap of changes in the last quarter of the game and the depth in the Club was certainly evident. In 2nd Grade they scored the same number of tries as Easts but didn't take conversions seriously. The Magpies also won all three Colts grades.
It will be a good hitout this Saturday against Wests @ Chipsy Wood Oval.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
If you are going by trial form, Souths have performed strongly against Norths and Easts. Not sure what the score was against Norths, but they defeated Easts 21-19 last Saturday. The Souths coaches made a heap of changes in the last quarter of the game and the depth in the Club was certainly evident. In 2nd Grade they scored the same number of tries as Easts but didn't take conversions seriously. The Magpies also won all three Colts grades.
It will be a good hitout this Saturday against Wests @ Chipsy Wood Oval.
Warhorse…. A magpie friend of mine said that George Francis was dominant @ scrum but Easts crowd were pretty average to him!! Not nice I’m told… were you there?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Warhorse…. A magpie friend of mine said that George Francis was dominant @ scrum but Easts crowd were pretty average to him!! Not nice I’m told… were you there?
Yes PPRugby I was there. George was a beast in the scrums and if I was an Easts supporter, I would be in total embarrassment and disgust at the comments that were made towards George when he left the field at the 20 minute mark.
There is banter that is usually directed towards a player who has left for another club but the comments directed at George were beyond the pale and I think that they just reinforced his decision to play for any club that isn't the Tigers.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes PPRugby I was there. George was a beast in the scrums and if I was an Easts supporter, I would be in total embarrassment and disgust at the comments that were made towards George when he left the field at the 20 minute mark.
There is banter that is usually directed towards a player who has left for another club but the comments directed at George were beyond the pale and I think that they just reinforced his decision to play for any club that isn't the Tigers.
That’s extremely disappointing, sounds like what I was told was accurate…. Not a surprise though, seems that behavior is tolerated as boys being boys… Not on & should be stamped out.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Look I appreciate that guys moving clubs is something you just got to cop in this day and age but George has had 3 different clubs in about 10 months.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Look I appreciate that guys moving clubs is something you just got to cop in this day and age but George has had 3 different clubs in about 10 months.
Bulldog, changing clubs is now part of the game unfortunately, I sincerely wish it wasn’t. But get serious, from what I heard & what Warhorse confirmed, No player should have to put up with what Easts dished up.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Not surprised.
The last few times I have been to David Wilson Field I couldn't wait to get out of there. Have seen some pretty average slanging directed at all sorts of players.
Now I sit on the opposite side to the grandstand and don't open my wallet there.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

So what.
Plenty of people move on in life for housing and jobs until the find where they are comfortable, some at quicker intervals than 3 in 10.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Heckling that goes past the point of 'fair game' isn't great. The supporter bays at Easts, GPS and Brothers have been known to overstep the mark in recent years.

But lets call a spade a spade when it comes to George's decision to move clubs. He didn't appreciate getting pushed by the Easts coach. Went on to get a professional chance in 2021 yet arrived at West's even more unfit and now has left that club. The bloke clearly has ability and I loved watching him play in the Easts Premiership team, but he clearly has some issues with maintaining relationships at clubs and that could be performance based.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's a real pity he hasn't kicked on yet, hopefully he can turn it around. Reds could absolutely use a loosehead prop like him, particularly with Zander falling off this year, but he just hasn't looked like he's ready to make the step up to the pros.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
I certainly wouldn’t enjoy playing as an away team at Easts given the closeness of the fans to the field and I’ve definitely heard some on the nose comments as an Easts supporter which cross the line but I wouldn’t say Easts are particularly worse than other clubs.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's a real pity he hasn't kicked on yet, hopefully he can turn it around. Reds could absolutely use a loosehead prop like him, particularly with Zander falling off this year, but he just hasn't looked like he's ready to make the step up to the pros.

it does sound like a challenge that Crapper and Thorny would love though. If he can keep it together this year, I wouldn't write it off