• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wow. It’s listed as Tayler Adam’s. He’s a gun. Kiwi who played and killed it in NRC and got a training contract with the Rebels. Think he spent some time in US Major League too. If it’s him then it’s potentially the signing of the season.

His social media accounts have him listed as current location - Brisbane. So I reckon it’s him.

Very interesting him playing QPR. I’m guessing he thinks there might be interest from the Reds? If he has a good season with Brothers he’s probably on the radar to fill that void between an aging JOC (James O'Connor) and the inexperienced Lynagh.

Looks like the played with the Rebels back in 2019 so he’s got a few years experience under his belt. I’m guessing he’s around 25?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
His social media accounts have him listed as current location - Brisbane. So I reckon it’s him.

Very interesting him playing QPR. I’m guessing he thinks there might be interest from the Reds? If he has a good season with Brothers he’s probably on the radar to fill that void between an aging JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and the inexperienced Lynagh.

Looks like the played with the Rebels back in 2019 so he’s got a few years experience under his belt. I’m guessing he’s around 25?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Very interesting him playing QPR. I’m guessing he thinks there might be interest from the Reds? If he has a good season with Brothers he’s probably on the radar to fill that void between an aging JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and the inexperienced Lynagh.

Thanks all, good intel he had a very solid game yesterday - looked like he was built more like a centre and showed great skills and directed general play like a well experienced campaigner. Uni outside backs with had cracking games as well

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Blast from the past, that will be interesting to see

Attachments

• 20171007_DSC_0242.jpg
    20171007_DSC_0242.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
  • 20180209_DSC_3139.jpg
    20180209_DSC_3139.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)

Speaking of Lynagh...where is he?
Has not played any QPR trials or been named on Reds bench.
Thomas and Grealy played for UQ against Brothers to get some game time I suspect. Why not Lynagh? I would be thinking he would be itching to get some game time somewhere.
Some discussions on the sideline where questioning whether or not he is allowed to play Colts 1 or has to play grades as a "contracted player"
Any intell / update on this?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Wow. It’s listed as Tayler Adam’s. He’s a gun. Kiwi who played and killed it in NRC and got a training contract with the Rebels. Think he spent some time in US Major League too. If it’s him then it’s potentially the signing of the season.
Agreed, he was very good at the Rebels and many fans hoped he would stay longer/play more.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Speaking of Lynagh...where is he?
Has not played any QPR trials or been named on Reds bench.
Thomas and Grealy played for UQ against Brothers to get some game time I suspect. Why not Lynagh? I would be thinking he would be itching to get some game time somewhere.
Some discussions on the sideline where questioning whether or not he is allowed to play Colts 1 or has to play grades as a "contracted player"
Any intell / update on this?
The concept of "contracted players HAVE to play prem grade" is a fallacy.
There is a preferred position, of course, of having the rep side (professional wing) and the club side (amateur operation) align, but both are entitled to run their own race.
This is one of the detriments of calling the Reds a "club" instead of a representative side, it perpetuates the divide.

Any club / selector /coach is entitled to play a person where it works best for their outfit so you will see where players are put into different positions in each operation or even where they play in teams other than prems.

From what I understand Lynagh has been earmarked to play colts predominately this year at UQ. Apparently all the parties are ok with this. This tells me that he is on a slow burn development program not unlike Taniela et al straight out of school.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
From what I understand Lynagh has been earmarked to play colts predominately this year at UQ. Apparently all the parties are ok with this. This tells me that he is on a slow burn development program not unlike Taniela et al straight out of school.
Tupou played Premier Grade rugby though straight out of school, not Colts. And then was selected and played in the NRC the same year.

I wouldn't exactly call that a 'slow burn development' for a bloke playing prop.

I have no problem with Lynagh being developed slowly. But why sign him to a full-time contract at the Reds? I've said this a few times, there are pathways for blokes who are being nursed through, development and training squad contracts for example.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Tupou played Premier Grade rugby though straight out of school, not Colts. And then was selected and played in the NRC the same year.

I wouldn't exactly call that a 'slow burn development' for a bloke playing prop.

I have no problem with Lynagh being developed slowly. But why sign him to a full-time contract at the Reds? I've said this a few times, there are pathways for blokes who are being nursed through, development and training squad contracts for example.
For mine I would prefer we don't put anyone on a contract until we see 2 seasons of QPR (colts or seniors) out of them.
Let them grow into their bodies, get beat up a bit and learn what life is about outside a bubble (school or pro team).
This will also put some value in QPR and drive a bit of hunger for those that want to turn pro.

Remember most schoolboys play about 12 -15 games a year, then when they get to clubland or pro ranks they are needed to perform 25-30 games. Big step up especially when the hits are harder and faster.

maybe the only reason he go the contract was because of the Surname? There would be half a dozen 10's more worthy of a gig.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

Good pick up. Closer to 30 than 25.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

It would be strange for Lynagh not to play Prems being on a full time Super Rugby contract. If he starts in Colts he is further off than we think.
U20 Wallabies are in camp in ACT so that maybe the reason he didn’t play on the weekend. Is he part of the squad?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I heard on the weekend that George Francis’ manager had been busy shopping him around looking for a professional contract.
At last count he has got “no thanks” from Reds, Waratahs, Rebels, Moana Pasifica, & Tonga (for RWC23). And he was in Canberra about 4 years ago before he came to Brisbane - so you can add the Brumbies to this list.
There must be something a miss because when fit and firing he is a beast - after the 2020 grand final he was selected in the Aust A team. It is a shame to see this unfulfilled potential.

Last edited: