• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Is there a club by club preview put together by the QRU this season? They did a great job of that last few years. Helps build anticipation and familiarise with the comings and goings.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Is there a club by club preview put together by the QRU this season? They did a great job of that last few years. Helps build anticipation and familiarise with the comings and goings.
havent seen anything yet

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Judging by the socials, they had a media night with Sauce last night. I'm sure there will be more ramping up over the next little bit

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Mick Heenan was on stan's new club rugby show this week, Lynagh apparently has a hamstring injury at the moment. He said they were going to play it by ear but he expects he'll play premier grade this year. Sounded like a start in colts but they won't hesitate to move him up as soon as they think he's ready.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Mick Heenan was on stan's new club rugby show this week, Lynagh apparently has a hamstring injury at the moment. He said they were going to play it by ear but he expects he'll play premier grade this year. Sounded like a start in colts but they won't hesitate to move him up as soon as they think he's ready.
So not ready now?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So not ready now?
He said something like he hasn't played a lot of rugby recently just after Horan mentioned the hamstring, so it might even just be a case of bringing him back via colts. Also said they were keen for him to be of playing u20s.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
His father wasn’t rushed into the Wallaby #10 by Alan Jones - who played him at #12 on the ‘84 grand slam tour outside Mark Ella.
I think it better to be a season too late than a season too early in terms of development.
Mind you both Michael Lynagh and Elton Flatley debuted for Queensland as 18 year olds.
Who knows what the right age is.

Last edited:
D

DELETE ACCOUNT

His father wasn’t rushed into the Wallaby #10 by Alan Jones - who played him at #12 on the ‘84 grand slam tour outside Mark Ella.
I think it better to be a season too late than a season too early in terms of development.
Mind you both Michael Lynagh and Elton Flatley debuted for Queensland as 18 year olds.
Who knows what the right age is.
Exactly

just because his old man did it doesn’t mean he can

some of these recruiters and selectors need to look beyond the surname

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
OK, I'll start, first round coming up. My tips for the weekend.

Souths over Norths.
In the battle of the birds, Souths will have to much physicality for Norths. Expect Norths to be the big improvers this season, but unfortunately for them, everybody else has also moved up a gear.
UQ over Wests.
Wests has a super 15 team in the back half of the season and an Academy one for the start, so cohesion will be their biggest challenge. Both are potential Grand Finalists.
Brothers over GPS.
Like Wests, Brothers have a heap of talent coming back. The New, Old Flyhalf to be the difference in this one.
Easts over the Bank.
The Bank are in a world of hurt this season and talent is paper thin. Definite rebuilding year (or 2) for them.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I have heard this story before! And I think I know how it ends…
Don’t think it’s all gloom and doom by the sounds of things. My sources tell me that although they lost to Easts 14-7 in the wet, they were missing 18 players across top 2 grades.
not sure if true or same old narrative.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Don’t think it’s all gloom and doom by the sounds of things. My sources tell me that although they lost to Easts 14-7 in the wet, they were missing 18 players across top 2 grades.
not sure if true or same old narrative.
We won’t know until the end of the season, but it’s the same old story from what I’ve heard.

‘18 players missing’ - one of Norths biggest issues has always been depth. They wouldn’t even have 18 players at the club who would get a sniff of 1st grade anywhere else.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
We won’t know until the end of the season, but it’s the same old story from what I’ve heard.

‘18 players missing’ - one of Norths biggest issues has always been depth. They wouldn’t even have 18 players at the club who would get a sniff of 1st grade anywhere else.
Someone’s a bit emotional !!!

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Someone’s a bit emotional !!!

Meh - I’ve been around the traps enough to just call a spade a spade when it comes to Norths.

The place needs to clear out the skeletons, burn the bodies and start from scratch. Some of the things that have happened at the club on a management, player retention and coaching level over the last 20 years have been criminal and I do feel bad for some of my good mates who are loyal supporters.

Who knows though, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Maybe they’ll have a miracle run this season. But I know there are a number of good coaches who are waiting to give Kelevi the ‘I told you so’ chat, including a couple of SS coaches who were keen to bring him down south but he committed to the Eagles.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
To be fair they have had 5 or six of their best move on to pro gigs this year out of state so that essentially robs them of the ability to have continuity.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Easts Preview first up.