• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well maybe if it didn’t come from a supporter of a club that has an actual arrangement with a super rugby club to funnel players there way. Maybe then I’d have been less harsh.

But the insinuation is that Cordingly is using his position at the Reds to direct players to Brothers? But not someone like Vunivalu - perhaps the highest profile signing of recent years. Not the young gun Lynagh nor the dynamic Uru who was looking for a change.

No Cords, a guy who has played at more clubs than Brad Thorn, was keeping is powder dry for 32 year old real estate agent Albert Anae.

Where’s the bloody royal commission.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Sorry to be that guy but the refereeing in the Souths Norths match is farcical. I’d be blowing up deluxe if I was the Magpies.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Sorry to be that guy but the refereeing in the Souths Norths match is farcical. I’d be blowing up deluxe if I was the Magpies.
Wasn’t much better at the west’s game by the sound of it

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Funny how he mysteriously chooses Brothers as his club.
Great to see that the Cordingley Academy has delivered another player to bump up the playing stocks at Crosby.
I’d love to see the number of newly contacted out of state players who happen to lob at Crosby through the Cordingley player allocation system?
I'm no Brothers apologist, but hasn't there been some chat about them being stretched in the front row and uncontested scrums during trials? Might go some way to explaining Anaes recruitment.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Not many tipped GPS on these forums

Great win to start the season. Came out red hot and looked like it could be a cricket score. Brothers did well to fight back. GPS left some points out there with average goal kicking as well.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Not many tipped GPS on these forums

Great win to start the season. Came out red hot and looked like it could be a cricket score. Brothers did well to fight back. GPS left some points out there with average goal kicking as well.
High quality match

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

If Thorn wants to coach the wallabies next then the reds need to lock in Mick Heenan to replace him

Wilson

David Codey (61)
If Thorn wants to coach the wallabies next then the reds need to lock in Mick Heenan to replace him
He has to be the most successful and experienced club coach in Australia at this point, but it might be a question of whether or not he wants to go up a level. I have a feeling he's said before he wasn't interested, that can always change though

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Reasonable day for Norths, draw in premier grade and win in Colts 1. Depth maybe an issue though. Hopefully prem grade coach doesn’t drag too many colts into the seniors to allow them to have a solid year.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Well maybe if it didn’t come from a supporter of a club that has an actual arrangement with a super rugby club to funnel players there way. Maybe then I’d have been less harsh.

But the insinuation is that Cordingly is using his position at the Reds to direct players to Brothers? But not someone like Vunivalu - perhaps the highest profile signing of recent years. Not the young gun Lynagh nor the dynamic Uru who was looking for a change.

No Cords, a guy who has played at more clubs than Brad Thorn, was keeping is powder dry for 32 year old real estate agent Albert Anae.

Where’s the bloody royal commission.
Hasn't this discussion occurred, approximately 3 pages ago, where someone listed all the Brothers reds players and their affiliations??? If i recall correctly, Hamish Stewart (and the religious TT who joined Brothers with his Brother) was the only player(s) who was a professional ring in - but even then, there was some logic???

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
In team sheets not long ago(i.e. when Wilson and co were at school), when Cordingly was still heavenly involved - there was 1 or 2 Brothers players.
Tinfoil hat time....

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I’m no Brothers fan - it actually pains me to say it but they’re obviously doing something right and able to attract good players from catchment and abroad plus they have wonderful supporters n volunteer crew get a great crowd and put on a top day week in week out win, lose or draw. This however has not lead to the happiest of camps, their recent prem Grade trophy cabinet is underwhelming given all the above - hear there’s been some key management changes down there as well so all is not perfect either.