• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yes Oracle - my Brothers moles tell me two of the more senior management staff were marched a few weeks ago. Apparently it was a popular move with the players and playing staff.

But has left a sour taste with a number of the other management staff who believe the club was generally heading in the right direction under their leadership.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Pretty impressive to see a young bloke play all bar 10 minutes of a colts one game then get on as a reserve in Prems after 5 minutes and play out the game as a hooker at UQ.
Might not need to call in the 38 year olds for too much longer.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I will - Uni scraped home thankfully.

Only jumped in because of the ref bagging.
Fully accepting I have a Souths bias, but after sleeping on it I still maintain they got a very raw deal in the second half. There’s a few posters on on here who’s opinions I rate very highly - if they end up watching it and then say I’m wrong that’s more than reasonable!

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Fully accepting I have a Souths bias, but after sleeping on it I still maintain they got a very raw deal in the second half. There’s a few posters on on here who’s opinions I rate very highly - if they end up watching it and then say I’m wrong that’s more than reasonable!
DP I have now had time to watch all the games on Stan.
Not going to disagree with you but will say it appears to be a consistent level across all games this weekend. I think all teams could have a comment or two.

That said it is Round 1, the players are going to get sharper and fitter so we can safely assume the referees will hone their skills a bit with more game time as well.

Always said you will get 3 bum calls a game and 3 rubs of the green so it evens out in the long run.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Pretty impressive to see a young bloke play all bar 10 minutes of a colts one game then get on as a reserve in Prems after 5 minutes and play out the game as a hooker at UQ.
Might not need to call in the 38 year olds for too much longer.
He did very well against a much bigger Wests forward pack, so deserves a bit of a wrap. Thought the UQ forward's in general did well considering the change in personnel from last year.

Got to feel for Cam Flavell , missed the back end of 2021 with a knee injury and only lasted a little over 5 minutes in the opening game with another knee issue. Not sure when Nasser is a chance of retuning, so guessing Heeno wont be deleting Moore's number from his phone just yet. ;)

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Two of the best young backrow prospect last year were Will Roach (UQ) and Jonte Connolly (Brothers).
Are they still playing in QPR?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)

Watched it, thought he was even handed.

BTW he was up from the Shute Shield. A ref swap for the weekend according to Clubland last night.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

So are the Reds players not in the 23 going to turn up for their clubs this week?
Seeing Reds are Friday night and clubland is Saturday there should be no need to keep a few spares tucked away safely.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Which Reds players are not in the 23 that aren’t injured?

Connor Vest?
Previously you would see players who didn't get many minutes for the Reds on a Friday night home game have a run in QPR on Sat.

With in current injury toll not sure that will be risked.

Guys like Grealy, Aubrey, Jeans and Fotuaika would have most likely had a run in the past depending on minutes played.

Vest and Thomas not in the matchday squad so might have a run for UQ against Norths. The UQ team not yet up on Rugby Xplorer.