• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
It does depend on what is important to your club. Unfortunately it is not an even playing field. One of the unfortunate side effects of the Reds squad being basically drawn from three teams is that the rest are in a constant state of rebuild.
get a decent player and they have to go to the Force, Rebels, Brumbies or overseas for an opportunity at the next level.
Take Norths they will struggle this year but have had 5 players who would have been definite first grade players head either offshore or to other states.
As a result they they are in a constant state of rebuild and it also makes recruiting harder when other clubs are perceived to have an inside track to the Reds.
As the saying goes … If you keep doing the same thing and getting the same result, and it’s not working then change what you’re doing!
Norths need to draw on its resources and pull in a member who is a successful business person to redirect your strategies. You can’t keep being the victim club. Why do you think there are three clubs that house the majority of Reds’ players? They use their resources well.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don’t know how lucrative these contracts are.
I’m sure the wider training group of the rebels is playing for peanuts and aligned with the rebels simply for the opportunity.
The Rebels training and development deals would be more lucrative than other teams I'd imagine. They are obviously being paid enough to not need to work another job. Most of the guys are young which obviously helps, but being carted in and out of Melbourne and Brisbane on a weekly basis, it would make it nearly impossible to hold down work.

You'd imagine they're getting $50k or more plus living expenses, travel and accom etc.

Not a bad way to live for a few years during your early 20s, even on those development roles you'll end up playing a Super Rugby game or two most likely and plenty of 1st grade... then get picked up overseas if you don't crack the Super Rugby team and your career is setup for the next 10 years.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
As the saying goes … If you keep doing the same thing and getting the same result, and it’s not working then change what you’re doing!
Norths need to draw on its resources and pull in a member who is a successful business person to redirect your strategies. You can’t keep being the victim club. Why do you think there are three clubs that house the majority of Reds’ players? They use their resources well.
Are Brothers still charging you to watch at Crosby?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tualima named for GPS at blindside, suspension must be served.

I have noticed a few differencs between the lists QPR release on Friday morning and the teams the clubs post on Friday arvos (this week and last week). Sneaky devils.
Injury clearances etc. Benefit of big doubt

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Ferg Lillicrap started at LHP in Reggies today for UQ, anyone get a look at how he went ?

Previously played 6/4/5 .

EDIT : also named on the bench for Prems at 17 , so must be going ok .

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Great to see the Super Rugby Spares turn out in clubland plus also the Reds sitting in the stands after a Friday night game.

Me thinks the more we connect the Qld Premier Rugby to the Professional department then the better the game will be in all facets.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
anyone want a job at Brothers

It's a tough gig running these rugby clubs from the finance department, especially a club as storied and large as Brothers. Just ask the blokes who were recently shafted in this role!

In all seriousness though I have a lot of respect but also don't envy those who take up management roles at rugby clubs. Lots of factors pulling in different directions, and with the game generally having a rough time, making the books balance isn't always easy.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

ToTW Rnd 2 May 2022.jpg