• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Vest might be recovering a bit? First season of professional rugby as a late call up.

I imagine going from QPR to Super Rugby playing against the Kiwi sides would be like going from 5th grade to 1st grade. If he has been given the option for a couple of weeks to nurse some niggles why not take it.

That's obviously just an assumption - you would think these blokes have reasons to not be playing.
Vest is a passionate rugby player, he loves being out there and being part of a team. If he is unavailable it wouldn't be because he would rather not play.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

How does Rhys Van Nek get concussed on Wednesday night at Souths then get named as a starter on Saturday against Sunnybank?

Thought we were getting serious about head knocks.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
How does Rhys Van Nek get concussed on Wednesday night at Souths then get named as a starter on Saturday against Sunnybank?

Thought we were getting serious about head knocks.

Was Van Nek taken from the field?

I know Brothers are missing a key forward this week who was concussed and taken off last weekend, he knew at the start of the week he'd be missing the game against GPS and still has to pass concussion protocol on Monday to play in following game.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Was Van Nek taken from the field?

I know Brothers are missing a key forward this week who was concussed and taken off last weekend, he knew at the start of the week he'd be missing the game against GPS and still has to pass concussion protocol on Monday to play in following game.
yep he was taken off.
On TV he had ne hell of a wobbly boot on too.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
what’s required to pass concussion protocol?

Hopefully it’s a independent doctor. Even if it was a Easts club doctor, doubt they’d risk giving clearance if he wasn’t good to go.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
yep he was taken off.
On TV he had ne hell of a wobbly boot on too.
Was down as a tactical sub so in that case is free to play the ethics are another issue.
Also in a lot of cases Friday teams are not Saturday teams. bench does not have to be put on Rugby explorer until 15 minutes in

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Was down as a tactical sub so in that case is free to play the ethics are another issue.
Also in a lot of cases Friday teams are not Saturday teams. bench does not have to be put on Rugby explorer until 15 minutes in
Happyman: a correction to the above. Van Nek was not tactically subbed. He was subbed off for Blood Injury and never returned to the field. I assume the blood was the result of a head knock(it appeared so on the night), so I would think that he would have to go through some protocols. The ref didn't issue a blue card.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
And I’m a UQ guy
Zander such a lightweight knob if he’s done that - lukhan showing the way for the reds
Couldn’t agree more. Without Norths he would’ve been a 3rd grader at any other club. Pro players who change premier clubs when they play barely any games a year clearly show the type of person they are.
Gotta admire guys like Lukhan, Asiata, pretty much all the brothers reds players who chomp at the bit to get back to club rugby because they don’t forget where they came from.
Very poor from Zander leaving Norths with no reds players and to go to UQ who have 2 super rugby players starting for them this weekend….

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Couldn’t agree more. Without Norths he would’ve been a 3rd grader at any other club. Pro players who change premier clubs when they play barely any games a year clearly show the type of person they are.
Gotta admire guys like Lukhan, Asiata, pretty much all the brothers reds players who chomp at the bit to get back to club rugby because they don’t forget where they came from.
Very poor from Zander leaving Norths with no reds players and to go to UQ who have 2 super rugby players starting for them this weekend….
So very UQ though they really target the other clubs more than most. Poor from the Reds to allow contracted players to move it does not help with club connection.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So very UQ though they really target the other clubs more than most. Poor from the Reds to allow contracted players to move it does not help with club connection.
Pretty sure the Reds have zero control over the clubs players choose, at least within QPR. the CBA has provisions in it to give players the choice.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I’d like for the cattle to be evenly dispersed in club rugby because parity in a competition makes for a more exciting comp come business end time. But Wilson is right. You can’t restrict this. It’s up to Norths to fix

I remember wests use to have no representation at Reds level - it didn’t take away from my love of club rugby but I wasn’t as invested in the reds.

One thing Norths coach Pat Byron did well in his final seasons at the kennel was recruit. He told a lot of kids destined for Prem colts to come to wests as they’d get a shot in prems. He really was the snowball that was the recent avalanche of success at this club. Hopefully he/norths can turn this around - should focus on blooding/recruiting as many teenagers possible into their prems setup.

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)

It doesn't reflect well on UQ that they have to target lower ranked clubs for talent rather than developing their own - especially given their resources. They have taken 4 or 5 Norths players alone this season that have played premier grade at UQ - all developed through Norths colts I believe.....and how does that make the UQ players that have been good committed club men through colts and grades feel when they get leap frogged by these recruits...

Last edited: